TaylorMade Spider X Putter

I have had this putter back in the bag for the last couple rounds. My Piretti had gone a little cold. This surely is a great putter. I love the alignment aids built into the head with the white middle and the black line going through the head. It is so helpful in getting the ball on the intended line.

Any insight on hosel types: single bend, short slant and flow neck? With my ball position and path, I feel short slant works best. It seems this model is most popular whenever I see them on course.

8Eagles;n8898377 said:
Any insight on hosel types: single bend, short slant and flow neck? With my ball position and path, I feel short slant works best. It seems this model is most popular whenever I see them on course.

I think it depends on your stroke path. I like to feel like I am releasing the putter a little bit. I like both the short slant and the flow neck, the single bend not as much.

I picked up the short slant version and like it! I can deliver a good putting stroke with it more times than not and I can align it reliably. Nice putter!

This is the first non Odyssey #9 putter that I have used in fifteen or so years. I really like the balance and feel at impact. I have made more long putts with it than I can remember making in a single season.

Possible new color for Spider X??? Jason Day is rolling this "Chalk" color...

Spider X.jpg

Spent some time hitting putts today. Was going back and forth between 33” single bend and 34” short slant. No preference with respect to length but I like the short slant set up behind the ball.

I kept track of how many putts I made and funny enough, I drained the EXACT same number of putts from 15 feet....which only lead to more confusion. Getting closer....or am I?? Hahaha

Hi Spider and Daddy Long Legs owners,

I am thinking of buying a used Daddy Long Legs and it definitely can use a paint job.
Do you think sanding and repainting it work?
Or, just applying white Liquid Paper to the chips.

Thank you.

Gamed mine for the first time yesterday and it did really well. Made several critical putts in that 5' to 15' range. I lagged 2 putts from over 30' to within inches. Once I see the line, I can easily line this putter up to it... then it's a matter of feeling pace and with this 355gm head, it helped me feel it. It also is really stable during the stroke.

The greens were really fast yesterday... from my experience, they were 12+. My playing partner was on the wrong side of the hole, putting downslope and missed the hole and his putt ran 20' past the hole and off the green and he barely nudged it.

This guy is staying in the bag for another round this weekend. Shortening it really changed the feel along with the grip. It feels more maneuverable like my usual anser style blades.

Still not feeling the alignment since I like to align square to target, but I'm trying to get in the habit of aligning the line on my ball to the putter.

I’ve been playing my Spider X with a Gravity Grip since the end of July and I have to say wow! My distance control is spot on and now I hardly ever 3 putt. Sinking a lot more on my first putt.

Spider X is out in Chalk now. Might be my favorite color by far for these.

Spider X is out in Chalk now. Might be my favorite color by far for these.

Wasn’t sure how I’d like it but digging it so far. Hope my local shop gets some in. Would like to see it in person.

Now that the season is done. How is everyone’s finish holding up on these? Any paint chipping issued like the previous generations of the Spiders?

Mine is holding up great. Nothing of note to report in that area.

I also have the black aluminum face, and it's still perfect.

A few chips on it. Nothing around the face. The weights are scarred.

I have a chip on the hosel where it sticks out of head cover?... otherwise face and body are all perfect.

Thanks for all the responses! I hope that one day this will be released in some type of unpainted finish.

Just received my Spider X yesterday. I bought the stock Navy with Single Sightline. It will be awhile before I use it because I am battling a hand injury.

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

25% off these, active now on the TM site.

Played mine all summer and have no chips or paint imperfections at all. Considering ordering a second white MySpider. Really do love this putter

Still haven't rolled the new Spider X much. I am having hand surgery this Friday so I am out for 3 weeks. :oops:

Did somebody of you switch from Spider Mini to the Spider X? What is your experience? Is it worth a try?

Back