What was your greatest recovery?

OGputtnfool

Reaction score
Handicap
Ok, talk to us about the greatest recovery from your last round. Can be after a tee shot or simply salvaging a decent score after a horrid shot later in the hole. Not talking about the whole round, just one hole.

So, yesterday, I was playing a shortish par 5 (about 490 on the card, but plays a little over 500 with the dogleg). I proceeded to launch my drive into the fairway to the right which is marked OB to keep people from doing this very thing, cutting the dogleg out, making the hole play much shorter, and endangering players in the adjacent fairway. I decided to just play my 2nd ball safe and hit 5wd. I stepped up and hit my 5wd 260y, then followed it up with a 256y 5wd off the deck and headed straight toward the pin. I was just a few yards short of the green the 2nd shot (2nd ball) and pitched up and hit a putt for a bogey.

I guess I should've just gone 5wd in the first place. Ugh...

Woulda, coulda, shoulda...Screenshot_20190930-125529_Golf Pad.jpg

Well, it wasn't my last round... but... the greatest recovery shot I think I've ever hit, was after a pulled approach iron missed the green and hit a paved cart path and went about 30 yds or so back left of the green. I get back there and find the ball and directly in front of me, between me and the pin, is a gigantic tree. Prolly 70' tall and no way to punch under it due to low hanging limbs. Took my sand wedge and laid the face wide open, opened my stance way up and did a full swing shot. Amazingly, I hit it perfect! Ball went like 150' straight up and about 30 yds forward, it took like 10 seconds for it to come down.... and it ended up like 20' from the pin.

I could have so easily bladed that ball and sent it off like a rifle shot. ;)

Hole 5 at Thumper Pond. Short dogleg left. Water right off the green, swamp with red stakes left.

I duffed a drive 30-40 yards. Hit a second to 120 out. Got scared of missing right and hit it into cattails left.

Found the ball and said "why not?!?!??"

Holed out from the hazard (about 45 yards) for a par.

Followed it with an 8 on the next hole.......

Driver sliced wildly over some trees and into the next fairway. Punched a low screamer with my heavenwood that rolled up to about 8 feet. I missed the birdie putt but was more than happy saving par after that drive.

Put a drive into a bunker on the left, under a tree, water between me and the hole. The play on this hole is right, so I was way out of position.

I was 115 out, tree right there, left flag position with little green.

Took out my 9I, and hit it pure and clean. Comes out of the bunker clean as a whistle, rips right under the lowest brach of the tree, flies pure ot the green and one hop stops right by the hole. Really was a great shot. Followed by a 2 putt.

This one's easy. 15th hole at Tijeras Creek is a short par 4. I hit my UT 4i off the tee and had 118yds left. The pin was front left and I proceeded to pull my approach shot in to the front left greenside bunker. I had probably 3' from the ball to the lip if the bunker which was about 4' tall. There was probably 6' of rough to carry, and the pin was no more than 15' off the fringe. I was extremely short sided. I opened up the blade, put a good swing on it, splashed it out, and one hopped it in to the hole for birdie. :D

My only highlight of the day dangit.

I'm not sure I understand what this is about; 'recovery' shots? I consistently bat 100% on hitting fairways and greens so this shot you speak of isn't something I come across....:p

Par 4. On in 3. 50+’ putt along a ridge the whole way. Miss, go down 1 to my son. Make it and we tie going into last hole. Son was giving me all kinds of ****. Hit the put. Rode the ridge. Hit the turn. Ball slows. Ball slows. Hole coming. Ball slows turning dead center. Ball kind of stops. Ball drops! YES!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Punch 6 iron under the trees to the front of the green. Two putted from there solid par

I will share one from my golf trip 3 weeks ago. It was a 320 yard par 4 and I topped my tee shot left only about 40 yards, but it was in some knee high weeds. My next shot did not catch the ball real clean and went another 50 yards and was setting in the normal rough. This was match play so go big or go home right? I pull my fairway wood and aim over the corner of the dogleg right at the pin and miraculously I got every single bit of the ball I ended up with a 3 footer for par to win the hole. I think as the crow flies it was about a 215 yard shot.

Back