The Official Banter Away Thread

Weird day today.
Have a meeting at 7:30am, which is before the company is open. So that's different.
Then have about a 90 minute break before heading to another company.
Then about a 45 minute break before heading to another company.
Then straight to biz dinner.

Yes packed, but the little breaks keep me off my game haha.

Weird day today.
Have a meeting at 7:30am, which is before the company is open. So that's different.

Day should FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

Wake up and house is freezing. mid-20s F outside. Furnace not working. This has happened before and it will likely start working again. Yeah, can't wait to fork over a giant pile of money for a tech to come over and tell me he can't figure out what's wrong. That would be a perfect repeat of what happened last spring.

Weird day today.

Go time. Wish I was there.

You've got some great people on the schedule.

Go time. Wish I was there.

You've got some great people on the schedule.

Yes sir, it is always nice seeing friends that you don't get to see too often. Although in this instance, I had just visited a bit ago. These are never easy conversations, but they are always fun conversations, as I get to share the nonsense rolling around in my noggin.

TX/OU weekend next week. Kiddo has a birthday party to attend (skating...uggg!) Friday with one of her really good friends. Wife wants all hands on deck because it can get a little crazy at those parties. Just was asked to play in a 2 man "Greenskeeper Revenge" tournament at a local club on the same day at the same time. Also will be gone the next day for the game. Wheels are spinning............how the heck am I going to pull this off??!!

TX/OU weekend next week. Kiddo has a birthday party to attend (skating...uggg!) Friday with one of her really good friends. Wife wants all hands on deck because it can get a little crazy at those parties. Just was asked to play in a 2 man "Greenskeeper Revenge" tournament at a local club on the same day at the same time. Also will be gone the next day for the game. Wheels are spinning............how the heck am I going to pull this off??!!

I believe you meant to say OU/TX weekend, and don't worry too much about it. You won't like what's coming your way - skating might be a but more fun for you that day.

Gimmie the tickets for the game. Happy wife = happy life, go golf your ball and let me take care of watching my sooners beat those horns.

I believe you meant to say OU/TX weekend, and don't worry too much about it. You won't like what's coming your way - skating might be a but more fun for you that day.
Too early for that sort of banter! First thing is first. This dilemma is somehow getting out of the skating party to attend the golfing event. Also, it's not my kiddos party just to be clear or I wouldn't be having this conversation. I've burned some good "points" lately so don't know how many I have in reserve but need to come up with something to find out.

Figure out who's going to be there, start dropping casual random insults about one of the other parents or whatever. Ramp it up over the next few days until the wife sees its probably better if you just aren't put in the situation you could embarrass the family at the party and should go do your own thing.

Last edited:
if any tournament is worth skipping, it's a greenskeeper revenge haha

Figure out who's going to be there, start dropping casual random insults about one of the other parents or whatever. Ramp it up over the next few days until the wife sees its probably better if you just aren't put in the situation you could embarrass the family at the party and should go do your own thing.

I just randomly had a HUGE craving for KFC chicken.

And no, I'm not participating in any sort of burned electric lettuce :LOL:
That’s one way to have a colon cleanse.

First meeting down.

Back