Overlap or Interlock?

I overlap , tried to interlock but did not feel comfortable for me.

Interlock. Started with 10 finger, then tried overlap. Overlap just didn't feel right. Interlock feels correct.

I feel like my grip is so crucial to what I do in my golf swing.

I’m gonna throw a percentage out there, but I feel like it is about 30% responsible for the success of my swing.

Getting it set and right is a large part of my initial routine.

Would you agree? How do you set your grip before initiating a swing?

Some guys grip the club while it is up in the air and others put the club head down by the ball, then grip the club.....which are you? I grip it in the air, like Tiger used to do back in 2000.

Started with the overlap as a kid, but tried interlock probably 7-8 years ago and it just felt better to me and that is what I have stuck with

Currently interlock and for most of my golf career have been with the exception of a 3 year hiatus from 2016-2018 when I had a finger issue. It does feel a bit weird at first but I would say after 10 games I adjusted. I had no choice at the time, either switch to overlap or no golf.

Once I had correct diagnosis and treatment, 3 years later I made the switch back to interlock this year and that change took about 9 holes to get reacquainted.

Interlock here. Overlap just feels off and unstable for me when I tried it.

Started with 10 finger grip up until about 12-13 years old and have been overlap ever since. I just couldn’t get used to interlock and have tried it a few times here and there just for the sake of making a change.

But where my game is now, and what my goals for the game are, I’m thinking of giving the interlock another chance...just because

Interlock because it's the way I've always gripped a club. I tried overlap and didn't like it and I tried the 10 finger...hello hook city.

Overlap. I've never been able to get comfortable with Interlock and I can't for the life of me figure out why.

Interlock for me. It’s just the only one I’ve ever used and feels comfortable.

Overlap. I used to interlock when I first started and I got horrible blisters. Went to overlap (which was super weird at first to me), and basically everything improved. Grip pressure, swing speed and control, and less blisters. It was one of the best things I ever did.

I was an interlocker for 10ish years, and then I saw the light. I've since become an overlapper. I actually tried to interlock again last week and I didn't like it.

I used interlock for about a year but went back to overlap early this year.

What about 10 finger?

I’ve started interlock and then switched to overlap in my late teens. I played some of my best golf with a reverse overlap for a couple years in my late 20’s because of a wrist injury. I’ve been mostly interlock the last 20 years.

Started playing 3 years ago. Started with a baseball grip. Changed this year to interlock, and feel it has helped my striking consistency as my hand placement was all over the place when using the baseball style. I use left hand low when putting.

Seems like a fairly even mix so far.

I used to play overlap when I was young but changed to baseball some time ago. I sometimes try overlap on the range but doesn't feel right any more. I've never felt comfortable holding a club with the interlock grip.

i have tried both and i feel more in control with the interlock grip. hell i even tried a 10 finger grip before, high school baseball player and figured maybe it would work....it did not.

For the overlap guys, how does interlock feel strange?

for the interlock guys, how does overlap feel strange?

For me, interlock feels weak and I lose the ball out right for some reason.

Exact same for me, my instructor asked me to play around with interlock and I played with it exclusively for a while, but it feels like I set up super weak and switched back to overlap last week and much prefer it.

Exact same for me, my instructor asked me to play around with interlock and I played with it exclusively for a while, but it feels like I set up super weak and switched back to overlap last week and much prefer it.
It seems odd that such a seemingly simple change can feel so foreign and change our results petty dramatically.

Overlap, my fingers feel like they would snap on the interlock.

Back