Tour Edge Exotics CBX Forged Irons

I worked this club today not only on the range but on the course as well. My Srixon 765 6i took a back seat today.....and possibly for good..

As said before, I’m comparing to my Srixon 765s but with the same Recoil 110 F4 shafts, grip, and lie angle.

After initial looks it is smaller compact than my current gamer. Def smaller top line but it’s still not intimidating. Its shiny, and I love that. I like blingy bright metals.

69C3850D-FB79-4C41-B09D-594286CB220D.jpeg
Top is Srixon and bottom is CBX

19DF22A3-A264-4552-A088-4063C98731EF.jpeg

720A7F73-0D42-4A47-A13E-D87138DE4706.jpeg
C09072F6-6753-4B8D-8AA3-0570438DD66C.jpeg
Yeah 35CE25D2-0DF5-47FB-92D9-0B72240DAECD.jpegB38A3EF7-0723-4E52-B5AC-AE939D52C540.jpeg1090D720-3ACA-4715-9443-C878EA02BA97.jpeg
F3FD779D-D403-4B5A-9E31-E2A3A6CCECF7.jpeg9AAC32DC-A513-4FD2-9894-8D8D7C3FE640.jpegAEB4F614-E0BD-4972-BDFC-5BD9E5403535.jpeg

Last edited:
That's a good looking iron

This iron is still on my ponder list. Love the compact look and thin top line. Very good iron from all accounts, just continues to be underrated and off the radar for most.

That's a good looking iron
This iron is still on my ponder list. Love the compact look and thin top line. Very good iron from all accounts, just continues to be underrated and off the radar for most.

When I first started to look into what Tour Edge has to offer, these instantly caught my eye. I researched them but really didn’t find a whole lot. After gaming a few of their products this year and the total positive results I have got out of those I wanted to try these. For the record, me trying this club has nothing to do with the TEEm participation. This is my own deal through the single club trial they offer. I liked my Srixons and really had no intention on looking for anything else and just wanted to tinker around. After many balls on the range and course my Srixons are on taking some heat.....

First I love the looks, super clean and compact. That’s what brought my attention first. For a “players” iron I forgot how much bigger the Srixons are compared to others. It does seem this is longer than my current gamer but I don’t have enough to completely justify that yet. I’ll say several yardages when I pulled it out of the bag it went further than my normal. So far I thought my Srixons were “soft” when I tested them last year and these are just as soft as them or slightly more honestly. The only thing I don’t like is the CBX logo the red letter they painted just doesn’t keep it clean. No reason to have colored lettering on a clean players iron like this. If it was all black like the cavity it would completely tie it together

To be point blank, I have a month or so of golf left on the course and I plan to keep back and forth with this but so far I’m 90% sure I’m making a change this winter.....

More to come....

Hoping to get more time with this tonight!

After my hour sesh tonight with the instructor, I went over to the side with about a half bucket of balls. It seems this iron model is and has been in the dark. You just don't see much on it and that realllllllly surprises me. Just like their 119 woods, these can easily compete with the big boys if not be high on that list. One after another, soft, smooth, and addicting. As said previously the initial looks out of the box I wasn't used to the more compact and smaller topline compared to my Srixon. But Srixons are slightly larger profile compared to other "player" type irons. Even the new MB's. But honestly, after the 3-4 test drives I have had with this it doesn't bother me at all. Its just really really clean and performs way more than expected. Except one thing......the color fill in the logo on the hosel. I cant get over that and its just not needed. Keep it black, tie it in with the rest, and make this a complete looking forged iron. If I do go with a set of these, I will take acetone and remove the coloring and black paint fill it.

Here it is in the bag with the Srixons.

1.jpg

And a few more in the wild

4.jpg
3.jpg
2.jpg

That is a nice looking iron all around!!!

What do you think THP?

What do you think of the color infill on the hosel? Yay or nay?

file (12).jpg

Looking good.

Doesn't bother me at all. They look great!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

My 6i demo is going to get worked tomorrow night at my next lesson. I cant wait.......

I like the color fill. A set of black, red, and white ferrules would really set it off!

I like the color fill. A set of black, red, and white ferrules would really set it off!

See I disagree. I don't like the CBX paint fill on the hosel at all. I think it just needs to be black and tie it in with the rest.

See I disagree. I don't like the CBX paint fill on the hosel at all. I think it just needs to be black and tie it in with the rest.
It gives it just the right pop of color to set it off. What color are the numbers? I would paint those red too!​

I can honestly say these are for sure softer and more fun to hit than my Srixon 765's. And a year ago I thought I wouldn't be able to say that. After testing the 765's I thought man I got an iron that im going to have for awhile. Well, as an avid THPer I know I should of known better.

I like the more compactness of it yet its not so compact where its intimidating. Its soft but you still know if you hit one on the heal or toe side slightly. This all might sound like a broken record but the more balls I hit with it the more the scale is tipping. Of course paired with a Recoil 110 F4 really accelerates the fun.

Im curious if a new line will be coming out after the first of the year......

I can honestly say these are for sure softer and more fun to hit than my Srixon 765's.
That says a lot right there, because the Srixons have amazing feel to them.

That says a lot right there, because the Srixons have amazing feel to them.

Exactly why I bought them last year and thought I would have them for awhile.

Back