who does the necks for him?
Kyle Lucas. Message me and I'll send you his email.

It's the same story for all of the finishes "he offers" He gets your putter and sends it to someone else for the work, and charges you a mark up. I learned this when I realized he was sending me an unusually high number of clubs for laser work - then posting it on IG as his own work.

Think I have finally kicked the horrible funk I was in. Lots of practice drills later I feel back to at least being semi decent.

I still kind of want to convert my BB54 to an armlock. I just don't have a good club maker local to do it & I don't want to screw it up by doing it myself.

I hate putting. Was on the winning team for a tourney this past weekends, and had the chance to go back to back 70's but couldn't make a putt to save my life. It scares me right now.

What!! I love the Alice in Wonderland rabbit hole ? that is putters. Think Ping will mill one for me if I send them a block?

random-bubba-watson-ping-vegas-forge-damacus.png

Do you want it to say Bubba Watson on it? lol

Might need to flip it to RH while we are on the topic of additional customization ?

Futzing around the Scotty Cameron gallery a couple of days last week confirming my belief that I cannot hit a 009 well. I knew it when I went in there. They were kind enough to let me hit as many as I could think (even bringing some extras out of the back just to help me confirm that it wasn't for me)

So here's my banter/question: Why when I set up to the Newport two model (which is my every day) I roll it so wonderfully, but when I set up to an 009 (essentially a newport head) that is the same spec, I can't find the hole?

*I should add that the first NP2 I hit there (some sort of $14,000 GSS stick) I drained 8 out of 8 putts in the center of the cup vs the first 009 I went 1 for 8

The toe flow is the same, the weight is the same, the length is the same, the grip is the same, even the top profile is pretty close.

Last edited:
Futzing around the Scotty Cameron gallery a couple of days last week confirming my belief that I cannot hit a 009 well. I knew it when I went in there. They were kind enough to let me hit as many as I could think (even bringing some extras out of the back just to help me confirm that it wasn't for me)

So here's my banter/question: Why when I set up to the Newport two model (which is my every day) I roll it so wonderfully, but when I set up to an 009 (essentially a newport head) that is the same spec, I can't find the hole?

*I should add that the first NP2 I hit there (some sort of $14,000 GSS stick) I drained 8 out of 8 putts in the center of the cup vs the first 009 I went 1 for 8

The toe flow is the same, the weight is the same, the length is the same, the grip is the same, even the top profile is pretty close.
totally different top line, you mad man.

After this weekend, I’m energized about putting again and the wheels are spinning about what I currently have in the bag and what I want to add soon

Topline thickness maybe messing with what looks square to you. Rounded bumbers might subconsciously make you swing with more flow vs the squared off Newport 2.

But probably something with the head shape is messing with your alignment.

P

Putting is wild

Topline thickness maybe messing with what looks square to you. Rounded bumbers might subconsciously make you swing with more flow vs the squared off Newport 2.

But probably something with the head shape is messing with your alignment.
I have always blamed the bumpers. I wish I knew for certain. I love the look of the putter (hell, I own at least one.) Maybe I should grind down the bumpers and give it a go.o_O

Went through a phase of putter hoeing recently. Gonna stick with the maltby I just picked up. Have been experimenting with left hand low putting. Still feeling a bit awkward. But I cant believe how well I'm striking my putts and keeping them on line. So easy to take back in a slight arc. Going to continue putting this way. It will only get better from here.

Took the face balanced 5w on course tonight. Had a couple decent looks but I just don't feel like I've got real opportunities when it's in play. I think the only solution here is to satisfy the long neck blade obsession, see if it works, and go from there.

Just need to decide if that project is going to be a Toulon Austin or a Bettinardi BB0.

Took the face balanced 5w on course tonight. Had a couple decent looks but I just don't feel like I've got real opportunities when it's in play. I think the only solution here is to satisfy the long neck blade obsession, see if it works, and go from there.

Just need to decide if that project is going to be a Toulon Austin or a Bettinardi BB0.
Have you tried the non-face balanced 5w? It's my go to when I want a bouncier putter

Have you tried the non-face balanced 5w? It's my go to when I want a bouncier putter
the whole point of using it is because it's face balanced.

I'd very much rather a face balanced oo9 shape. Just don't have one in the stable.

Pondering spending the $$$ on the Queen B #9 from my fitting or sticking with the SL Three that I picked up.

I need some help. I know I should use a mallet because the quality of roll on slight misses is better. But I make way more putts with a blade. I’m not sure if they cancel out over a round but I’m very torn. Anyone got some advice?

putter fittting FTW!

the whole point of using it is because it's face balanced.

I'd very much rather a face balanced oo9 shape. Just don't have one in the stable.

Center shaft the Austin :greenalien: ha ha. Longnecks are fugly :starwars:
Pondering spending the $$$ on the Queen B #9 from my fitting or sticking with the SL Three that I picked up.

That is pretty rad you were fit into a QB9 seems like that's your shape.

putter fittting FTW!
I took a blade back out and had some luck but a putter fitting will be had. The Mrs. is getting me a full bag fitting for a gift

Center shaft the Austin :greenalien: ha ha. Longnecks are fugly :starwars:

That is pretty rad you were fit into a QB9 seems like that's your shape.

seemed pretty similar to the SL but made a couple more and the LM said it gave me the best forward roll

I took a blade back out and had some luck but a putter fitting will be had. The Mrs. is getting me a full bag fitting for a gift

yeah i really like blades but too many variables not as consistent as mid mallet

Back