The Official Banter Away Thread

keep doin you man. Glad you enjoy it if you do and if that was your intention. It just seems like there’s waaaay more being created as of a certain date in Sept which rewards such activity. To be fair it’s not just about the birthday posts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One quick note on that Pkorf, the previous software only showed people's birthdays if they had signed on in the last 30 days. This one shows all, so that could be part of it. Like I said, I certainly have given @golfinnut a hard time over it, because some of them signed up, entered a contest and never been back, but if they come back, good on him for making the invite I guess.

The Trophy System will always have a bit of this, but it will lead to some great rewards handed out and I can assure people that activity and engagement will be rewarded, but we are looking at the posts and threads made, not just the number : )

One quick note on that Pkorf, the previous software only showed people's birthdays if they had signed on in the last 30 days. This one shows all, so that could be part of it. Like I said, I certainly have given @golfinnut a hard time over it, because some of them signed up, entered a contest and never been back, but if they come back, good on him for making the invite I guess.

The Trophy System will always have a bit of this, but it will lead to some great rewards handed out and I can assure people that activity and engagement will be rewarded, but we are looking at the posts and threads made, not just the number : )

That would go to explain a lot then about the bdays and I appreciate the clarification where it’s probably not needed. I think everyone on THP would agree that thread creation is good for the community. But quality is where it’s at ad where it’s always been. The last few weeks has produced a bit of “fluff” that I suspect will start to subside when people realize that content isnt just thread creation but engagement in quality, deep conversations about all things THP! It should be organic and not manufactured for the sake of .....40 threads created since sept. Lol.

I’m just trying t be a bit of a devils advocate. I think we all see the value that new threads bring but also see the deeper value of what engagement and conversation can produce.

I’ll always love this place because no matter what an individuals opinion is, it’s valued as long as it’s trying to be constructive for the betterment of the community and respectful of their fellow members.

Which BTW ... how do I get my trophies displayed? :ROFLMAO: LOL

Which BTW ... how do I get my trophies displayed? :ROFLMAO: LOL

After this bunch, if you cant read the thread where it is said how to do it multiple times, I can't help you :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

There is pressure washing going on outside my window. It's making it very hard to think or concentrate.

They were window washing this am - headphones FTW!

Long day running a meeting, then poster session, and finally advisory board dinner. Brain is toast. Winding down among 1 million hotel bed pillows.

I read that as Brian is Toast - was thinking, damn that Brian guy really effed up lol

So, golfinnut gets reactivation points? :oops:;)

That would go to explain a lot then about the bdays and I appreciate the clarification where it’s probably not needed. I think everyone on THP would agree that thread creation is good for the community. But quality is where it’s at ad where it’s always been. The last few weeks has produced a bit of “fluff” that I suspect will start to subside when people realize that content isnt just thread creation but engagement in quality, deep conversations about all things THP! It should be organic and not manufactured for the sake of .....40 threads created since sept. Lol.

I’m just trying t be a bit of a devils advocate. I think we all see the value that new threads bring but also see the deeper value of what engagement and conversation can produce.

I’ll always love this place because no matter what an individuals opinion is, it’s valued as long as it’s trying to be constructive for the betterment of the community and respectful of their fellow members.

People should THP how they want. Some threads don't do it for me and I don't participate in those threads.

Everyone is here for different reasons, whether it's the people, the conversation, the events, the prizes, the gear.

Live and let live brother, that's my take.

Worst case, Ignore works wonders in the new forum.

I just saw this and it describes me perfectly.

View attachment 8910610

Can you post the one that best describes Mike Hunt? ?

So freaking excited about this.

1570578170125.png

I just saw this and it describes me perfectly.

View attachment 8910610
This is me and my wife is the opposite (probably the same for you :D). We have had a few “discussions “ on why I don’t go to certain things, etc... we both appreciate each other but it is hard to balance sometimes.

So exhausted.

Catching up from cali still abs starting to eat better again has me a little drained at the moment.

Man I’d love another beer from Mike Hess in SD.

My facebook blocked list keeps getting longer by the day.

:):(;):(:p:D:eek::oops:o_O:cautious::cry::love::ROFLMAO::sick::sneaky::sneaky::unsure: -

That's my son.

@jdtox another awesome job with the Albatross logo.

also really dig the THP week in review email that hit the inbox

I have been waiting to hear from someone that got it. First week we knew was only going to a few thousand. It will ramp up and more will get it soon, but its a nice way to get people who might miss things, some of the best conversations or highlights.

I have been waiting to hear from someone that got it. First week we knew was only going to a few thousand. It will ramp up and more will get it soon, but its a nice way to get people who might miss things, some of the best conversations or highlights.

it’s definitely great culling together the popular discussions and keeping everyone up to speed if life gets in the way

quick hits too - doesn’t take a lot to read everything

(y)(y)

it’s definitely great culling together the popular discussions and keeping everyone up to speed if life gets in the way

quick hits too - doesn’t take a lot to read everything

(y)(y)

THANK YOU.
That was the goal. 10 or less threads that sum up the awesomeness going on.
I can honestly say I have never had more fun on this forum as what is happening now and what is coming up soon

THANK YOU.
That was the goal. 10 or less threads that sum up the awesomeness going on.
I can honestly say I have never had more fun on this forum as what is happening now and what is coming up soon

not to sound like a broken record but GG and @TheAnnihilator did such a fantastic job with the new forum and the constant updates/improvements

not to sound like a broken record but GG and @TheAnnihilator did such a fantastic job with the new forum and the constant updates/improvements

Agreed and it’s just the beginning.

Back