Callaway Apex 19 and Apex Pro 19 Irons

It kills me a bit to say this but I promised to be honest with my experience this year; my season with the Pros has been one big struggle. I don't feel like they are too demanding for me as I've played irons somewhat similar to them before and been successful but it's been very frustrating to see how I've performed with them. I'm not sure if it's maybe a swing weight issue that doesn't work well for me (unfortunately I've never really tracked that before to know what my preference is) but it's been rough.

On the plus side when I have hit them well they provided the spin I wanted to see and have been straight as an arrow which was awesome. The feel is one of the best ever and so enjoyable to hit when they worked.

At this point I'm not exactly sure what to do but I'll keep plugging along hoping I can get something figured out.

It kills me a bit to say this but I promised to be honest with my experience this year; my season with the Pros has been one big struggle. I don't feel like they are too demanding for me as I've played irons somewhat similar to them before and been successful but it's been very frustrating to see how I've performed with them. I'm not sure if it's maybe a swing weight issue that doesn't work well for me (unfortunately I've never really tracked that before to know what my preference is) but it's been rough.

On the plus side when I have hit them well they provided the spin I wanted to see and have been straight as an arrow which was awesome. The feel is one of the best ever and so enjoyable to hit when they worked.

At this point I'm not exactly sure what to do but I'll keep plugging along hoping I can get something figured out.

what is your miss right now? heel to toe? up and down on the face?

Argh. 3 weeks after order, today the status is ‘backorder’ but not what component.

The Apex Pro 19s feel so damn good when struck well. I've never in my life had such accurate feedback and consistency out of a set of iron heads, and they are giving me a flight that I love.
I feel this way with the standards as well. I can tell where I hit the ball on the club immediately at impact. I know if it is struck well, heel side or toe side and even on off center strikes, the flight and forgiveness is great.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

what is your miss right now? heel to toe? up and down on the face?

All of the above ?. That's one of the frustrating parts is that it's consistently inconsistent on my miss which makes me wonder if I don't jive with the weight or something. Of course my swing absolutely plays a role in it but I'm not seeing the same issue with my woods and wedges. The rest of my game has been quite solid.

I hope you figure it out. I played in a scramble the other day and hit three different 9 irons from 140 yards. While we had to continually wait on 4some in front of us, the 4some behind was nowhere to be found.
I hit my Apex 19 and found the back of the green. I hit my buddy’s Apex mb and ended up a yard from mine. Finally hit the ping i500 and was 2 yards short of my original ball.
All this to say that when you’re on, you’re on. I KNOW I am biased right now, but I wouldn’t trade my Apex 19’s for anything else on the market.
Best of luck, stay persistent!!

I KNOW I am biased right now, but I wouldn’t trade my Apex 19’s for anything else on the market.
Best of luck, stay persistent!!

Nor would I!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

this irons are insanely good. check this out.

51A72C2A-15FF-4352-9404-329AD11B75ED.jpeg

that was a 5i. from 195. into a little breeze. a little uphill. to a course playing firm today. that putter is 33.5” in length. the tee by the head is the pitchmark, ball is where it finished. within 3’. with an erc soft. low pin head with low spin ball hit by a low spin player from 200 yards isn’t supposed to stop like that. yeah, these are GOOD.

They certainly are good. I'm glad they were in my bag for this season as I have really enjoyed them. I've gotten along with them better than I did my p790's, and those were a fantastic set of clubs too.

I’ve had a great season with the Apex pros. They are all around solid sticks. They look nice, feel pretty unique in a good way and send the ball.

I love my Apex Pros. Fast, nice flight, soft landings, great looks and feel.

Darn near the perfect iron set IMO.

Had a fitting Thursday and this is a summary comparing my CF16's Recoil 460 ESX F4 stiff vs CF19 forged with TSG 90 Mitsubishi stiff. I'm a lefty. Ponder is real strong now.

cf16 vs cf19.png

Apex Pros going strong for me as well.

Tested them against my local head pros Titleist AP2s and the Callaways were a solid 5-10 yards further. The AP2s just seemed to stall a bit in the air when I hit them.

these irons just continue to impress. i love the way they feel. i love the way they perform. i keep trying to find something i don't like about them, and i'm coming up empty. they're fantastic!

these irons just continue to impress. i love the way they feel. i love the way they perform. i keep trying to find something i don't like about them, and i'm coming up empty. they're fantastic!
Same here. I played in a tournament this weekend and I hit them the best I have hit them yet. I really think I'm getting in my groove with these irons!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

The Apex CF19's have been a game changer for me. I really enjoy playing them and I finally have them dialed in to where I can pretty much match the club to the shot. As a senior golfer, I was trying club after club after club looking for the one that felt great and was easy to find the sweet spot. The Apex CF19's are the right club for me. I've even found the long irons easy to hit.

I've compared them to the Ping i500, Srixon Z585, TM P790, Cobra F9 Speedback.

Argh. Ordered 8/25. Still on backorder as of today, shop calls and it's due to no 8i & 9i heads, so they're splitting the order, and having them ship the rest. Starting indoor league next week.

Just snuck over to the range. Made a few lie angle tweaks and wanted to see results. Really enjoy these irons. Made my 8 and PW a smidge more upright

Finally bought these 5-sw with elevate 95 stiff shafts. Can’t wait to get these on the course

I haven't even considered wanting to game new irons this year. I'm playing better golf than I have in years. During my round last week I par'd all four of the Par 3's with high soft landing iron shots and down the stretch of the last 3 holes I went bogey-par-par. Could've been birdie-par-par but my drive ran through the fairway into some brush and I had to take a drop. The last part four, I had 205 to the pin and hit a 5i, 195yds into the wind to 18ft. Felt amazing!
It feels great to save some semblance of control and confidence with these irons.

Went over for a quick range session last night after work before it got dark. Been a while since I had a chance to play, and last nights results don't make me to happy seeing fall arrive. Nothing but pure strikes, ball flights with very little movement, and landing around where I expected. Hope the temps stay up there and I find a few more chances to get on the course, because it's not going to be fun sitting inside this winter without using these clubs. Indoor simulator golf isn't the same, but I got a feeling it will be used this winter!!

I just got my Apex Forged from @brianmk24 Tuesday. Took them home and hit them on the sim. Took them to the range yesterday and hit them some more.

I LOVE these irons. I cannot wait to see how these perform on the course.

The pure buttery feel of these irons striking the ball is something to experience. They are a whole lot less forgiving than my G30s (expected of course), but damn, when you hit these clean, they just go and go.

I was seeing an easy 10+ yard increase in distance, with less effort and almost no perception of impact.

I never understood what peopel were talking about when they referred to the soft feel of forged, but I am a believer.

They are at the club shop now, getting my preferred grips put on, and they are going in the bag. I am playing in a 3 day tournament in a week. I want to get these out for a round or two before then, just to confirm on course performance, but I see these being my gamers right now.

FINALLY. ordered 8/25, received today, and no back ordered 8&9, so 5-AW w ZT9 F3 in hand. Am playing winter league indoors with my son, so at least I’ll get to use them the next few months.

Hit these at a golf galaxy today. Regular and Pro, stock steel and graphite. While they felt awesome they weren't any longer than my Rogues, though dispersion seemed a little better. Damn I really wanted these to be better than the Rogues for me. I'm not shutting the ponder off, but moving it to the back burner for now. I did do TopGolf for 2 hours this morning and a top of the bag fitting at Club Champion so maybe I'm just tired.

Today I had what is probably my best iron striking day in months. Just hearing that pure sound when the ball meets the middle of face was intoxicating. I was just about seeing my old distances, even with a "sometimes strong fade". Path still needs a little straightening out, and alignment adjustments from not knowing where the ball was going before. Right before we left for the day, I went and teed off with my 2i on the 13th hole and it went further than my driver did the first time around the course.

Felt really good to hit these irons well again.

Back