Project X Even Flow Riptide Shaft

Based on a number of factors, I think this is going to be a pretty popular model next year.
Completely agree. I think the profile(s) lend themselves to that, as well as a few other factors.

so from the graphic in the op, it sounds like this is an evolution of the evenflow lineup, not something else entirely. is that fair to say?

and maybe this one has more stability but still that super smooth feel?

honestly sounds freaking awesome and i'm hoping it's a stock option in what we get to test at the grandaddy this year.

As an Even Flow fan, I'm looking forward to trying these eventually.

Looking forward to the consensus on this one. I am not a fit for the Hzrdus line but the even flow looks to be a fit.

Looking forward to the consensus on this one. I am not a fit for the Hzrdus line but the even flow looks to be a fit.
We had a good talk about this with DB at our roundtable. Thats the way it pretty much is, half seem to love HZRDUS and hit it off from the start, the rest fall into Evenflow better and what it offers is a better fit.

I'm in the Evenflow camp. I tried about 10 times to make a HZRDUS shaft work for my game, and it was just not happening.

Had my new bestie out for a round yesterday, and I've gotta say I'm in love. Definitely a miss here or there thanks to a bit of gear effect of my own making. But overall My new shaft is a bonafide fairway finder. At Aviara I hit 12/14 fairways, and yesterday I hit 11/14.

I was actually seeing a bit of ball speed gain as well (not much, about 5mph) which makes me happy.

We had a good talk about this with DB at our roundtable. Thats the way it pretty much is, half seem to love HZRDUS and hit it off from the start, the rest fall into Evenflow better and what it offers is a better fit.

I'm in the Evenflow camp. I tried about 10 times to make a HZRDUS shaft work for my game, and it was just not happening.
I'm am 100% team EvenFlow :p

Had my new bestie out for a round yesterday, and I've gotta say I'm in love. Definitely a miss here or there thanks to a bit of gear effect of my own making. But overall My new shaft is a bonafide fairway finder. At Aviara I hit 12/14 fairways, and yesterday I hit 11/14.

I was actually seeing a bit of ball speed gain as well (not much, about 5mph) which makes me happy.

Yet you didn't like the Riptide! HA!;)

I wonder if we'll see this being offered as one of the big stock offerings next season. I didn't care for Evenflow Blue when I tried it and pretty much wrote the whole lineup off at that point. Was too quick to judge because the Evenflow Black is a really nice shaft. Looking forward to trying out the next iteration of the line. Do we know which profile is the counterbalanced one or are both the black and blue both having a higher balance point?

I wonder if we'll see this being offered as one of the big stock offerings next season. I didn't care for Evenflow Blue when I tried it and pretty much wrote the whole lineup off at that point. Was too quick to judge because the Evenflow Black is a really nice shaft. Looking forward to trying out the next iteration of the line. Do we know which profile is the counterbalanced one or are both the black and blue both having a higher balance point?
Blue is CB. If you look in the pic in the OP you can see the "CB" that comes after the Riptide name on the blue one.

Blue is CB. If you look in the pic in the OP you can see the "CB" that comes after the Riptide name on the blue one.
Not sure how I missed that. Thanks (y)

Dude! That’s a lot of FWs! Well done.

Those shafts look amazing and I don't know the factors, but I can see why this would be a popular model.... if only on looks alone!

so from the graphic in the op, it sounds like this is an evolution of the evenflow lineup, not something else entirely. is that fair to say?

and maybe this one has more stability but still that super smooth feel?

That’s exactly it - an evolution of the EvenFlow line. It’s very stable and feels fantastic!

Absolutely love the way the unfinished carbon shimmers on this thing

Completely agree! I actually really like the raw look, like we were taking about. Just need a Small Batch sticker to put on there

Just like @Jman said, we talked about this at length. I completely agree - I wasn’t a fit for the HZRDUS line, but the one thing I did notice were the differences in butt end. The EvenFlow is tapered, while the HZRDUS shaft is more parallel under the grip

That conversation was very interesting. I was amazed at just how much is perceptible to a player. I had no idea the difference in butt taper profiles before that day, and it completely validated some of the things noted during testing.

Riptide will be a really great shaft and I expect to see many on the course next spring.

I am curious to see how it would do as my 3 wood shaft and might give it a shot.

TM adapter came in, this gem is OGOne bound!

Original One, badasssssssssss mini driver that’s a monster already
Oh!!

That would be a great head for this shaft! I was considering trying mine out in a 3W, so I’ll be looking forward to your results here!

Oh!!

That would be a great head for this shaft! I was considering trying mine out in a 3W, so I’ll be looking forward to your results here!
I think it’ll be fun, and hopefully it’ll bring some more eyes to the new shaft design here on the forum. That’s the goal at least!

Is anyone planning on giving the Riptide a go when it finds its way out into the masses?

I really do think that the Evenflow fans are going to enjoy it.

Is anyone planning on giving the Riptide a go when it finds its way out into the masses?

I'll probably give it a whirl because I love my blue.

Any new PX offering will get a fair chance to make the bag. Currently the green is top dog but who knows, RipTide might be better fit for me come retail launch time.

I love the Evenflow Black in my 3 wood. Will give the RipTide a serious look. If the trend for TT continues, chances are this will be a stock offering for a lot of OEM's.

Any new PX offering will get a fair chance to make the bag. Currently the green is top dog but who knows, RipTide might be better fit for me come retail launch time.

I'm curious to see how it performs, only hit the blue, really want a Red, I don't think this would fit me, but I like golf shafts lol

Back