I love to try exotic clubs, but the PXG clubs just never fit my eye (stupid machine screws) and frankly I have never seen one where I could even try it. The other thing that put me off was that KC720 had one of the 1st sets (I think) and dumped them real quick, our taste in clubs is similar and when he bailed right away it turned me completely off to them.
the all black ones... Those irons were absolutely nasty looking.

i agree but it seemed like they gained a ton of traction.
Do you think they really gained traction or just paid a bunch of money on marketing to make it look like they gained traction?

First signs of the super high end market skidding to a stop? Hmmmm
I think that space is just not big enough to support all the businesses competing in it. So maybe not that the high end market is going away, but the competition will probably thin out some since the space is so niche.

After doing so research on this, I believe PXG is not in any financial trouble or the fear of shutting down. It’s the fourth quarter and some restructuring is taking place. They just hired a bunch of club fitters to support the Hero’s program.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

After doing so research on this, I believe PXG is not in any financial trouble or the fear of shutting down. It’s the fourth quarter and some restructuring is taking place. They just hired a bunch of club fitters to support the Hero’s program.

We definitely are not reporting fear of shutting down. I can say though it is more than just simple restructuring. There were people that were let go in a number of departments including R&D and Marketing and there are some internal thoughts that another round is coming.

Its fascinating how its all over the net now, If other outlets want the real info, we love collars with most. Same thing with Hogan, Matrix, Adams, TaylorMade, etc.

Speaking with a number of people via text and email over the weekend, Including one that has been quite close to the situation, they believe that there are a number of other changes coming in the near future.

Speaking with a number of people via text and email over the weekend, Including one that has been quite close to the situation, they believe that there are a number of other changes coming in the near future.

This will be very interesting to see what unfolds. Hopefully all positive changes.

This will be very interesting to see what unfolds. Hopefully all positive changes.

Hope so too. Hate seeing people lose their jobs, but also understand it is part of business. They have some changes that need to be done frankly, and hopefully this is the beginning.

It has never crossed my mind to consider PXG but I was at a wedding at Kiawha Island this weekend and while waiting for my car at the main hotel I saw a PXG bag waitng for its owner. It was pretty sexy as were the clubs. I still cant afford it but nice is nice.

Do you think they really gained traction or just paid a bunch of money on marketing to make it look like they gained traction?
While not a true market analysis, I can say with 100% confidence that I have seen more sets of PXG irons than I have Cobra, Wilson, and Srixon out in the wild. While a somewhat irrelevant comparison, people are buying the clubs at some level. I don't know what their balance sheet looks like. Not sure how much they need to sell to churn a profit.

Not sure if this was already mentioned, but ClubLender rents PXG:

I've never used this service, but I've considered for travel and/or testing out new clubs. Just thought I'd put it out there for those of you who said they'd be interested in trying out a PXG set.

Bob Parsons weighs in. He confirms more than two dozen were laid off.
Still not sure about the "No so", part, since he confirms exactly what we said, but if that helps the spin, I am all for it.

Still not sure about the "No so", part, since he confirms exactly what we said, but if that helps the spin, I am all for it.

Nobody makes layoffs like we do, period.

Nobody makes layoffs like we do, period.

His wording is very well done (the will be part) but I am glad he confirmed the news we reported.

Restructuring ... I'm sure that's not how it feels to people who lost a job. Don't know much about PXG. I don't think I have ever seen their clubs in the wild. Just did a quick search to see if they had local presence. Moonlight Basin in Big Sky -- elite. I know they have a military program -- great to see -- but it seems clear their business model isn't targeting the working class golfer. Meh to me.

In my time here, there's a few types of posts I don't question. Jman likes putters, Pkorf will fight you over the Browns, and JB is pretty spot on about industry info he posts.

I just can't figure out the "not so" part. He confirmed our entire news in the single tweet.

His wording is very well done (the will be part) but I am glad he confirmed the news we reported.

maybe he's saying more layoffs are not planned?

i will admit that hearing that they are net positive in hires vs terminated employees does change the narrative. if i heard that another company was displeased with its performance and replaced many of its existing team while adding new staff members to beef up operations, i would applaud them for taking the steps necessary to improve.

I just can't figure out the "not so" part. He confirmed our entire news in the single tweet.

100% spin. They didn't lay people off, they are restructuring.

Same as I don't go to the bathroom, I occasionally dispose of unwanted fluids.

I think he's just being super pedantic...

Several = more than 2 (usually)

So...several dozen = 3, 4, 5+ dozen

26 employees < 3+ dozen?

I don't know...I'm just trying to un-pretzel my brain and figure out where he came up with the "not so" part of that...would "more than a couple dozen" been better in his eyes? Dunno...

To me the tweet translates: "Several dozen was laid off and more to follow. Not so" -> 26 were fired and no more to come.

Net +15 isn't bad, just sucks for the 26 who didn't make the cut.

I would like to learn more about his business model.

It’s like following politics.

A fact was reported and then the other party essentially confirms the fact and yet still insinuates the initial reporting party is a liar to make themselves look good.

maybe he's saying more layoffs are not planned?

i will admit that hearing that they are net positive in hires vs terminated employees does change the narrative. if i heard that another company was displeased with its performance and replaced many of its existing team while adding new staff members to beef up operations, i would applaud them for taking the steps necessary to improve.

We didn't say more are planned. We said possibly more were planned based on reports from a few there.
FWIW, his wording is very good. They key being "will be". They are not net positive right now.

It’s like following politics.

A fact was reported and then the other party essentially confirms the fact and yet still insinuates the initial reporting party is a liar to make themselves look good.

Based on the texts I have received recently from about 3 dozen people around golf, you are not alone haha

Lmao, that's the most politician response ever.

Back