Isn’t the point of a forum to....wait for it....talk about things and have opinions?

Well, I talked about it and this is my opinion.

Fo shizzle.

But calling out others on theres is a bold move.

Little dialog never hurt anyone, regardless of brand allegiances.

There is a huge difference between sharing your opinion on something and blasting others for sharing theirs.

THP isn't about throwing dirt on others. probably a big reason why there's genuine compassion from our membership regarding the unfortunate people of PXG (formerly) despite a genuine disinterest in the company. If you can't see through that, well, I'd recommend slowing it down a bit and really reading the comments.

mfd1068 said:
Instead of writing about what your "sources" are telling you about PXG why don't you just call Bob up and get it from him?(maybe he'll tell you or maybe its none of your business ) The glee here from 26 people who unfortunately were fired is astounding. PXG is this, PXG is that...blah blah blah. Get over it.

Isn’t the point of a forum to....wait for it....talk about things and have opinions?

lol, I love it when people take offense to what someone else's opinion is. Like you should only have Their Opinion. I have NEVER been fired from a job, I have been laid off. humbling and lost feeling, i don't wish that on anyone...

lol, I love it when people take offense to what someone else's opinion is. Like you should only have Their Opinion. I have NEVER been fired from a job, I have been laid off. humbling and lost feeling, i don't wish that on anyone...
Hits home for me as well, buddy. Quick trip down depression road, especially for those with families relying on them.

Hits home for me as well, buddy. Quick trip down depression road, especially for those with families relying on them.

I was lucky that i was in the Air Force Reserves also. So I had "some" income. I also had an ex with two kids. Floundered for a few months as it was a bad market in the manufacturing world. I wasn't laid off until the Third pass, so a lot of the job market a round was filled. Got an offer in Ohio and moved. luckily there was another Air Force base nearby i could transfer to. Would not wish on an enemy....

There is a huge difference between sharing your opinion on something and blasting others for sharing theirs.

THP isn't about throwing dirt on others. probably a big reason why there's genuine compassion from our membership regarding the unfortunate people of PXG (formerly) despite a genuine disinterest in the company. If you can't see through that, well, I'd recommend slowing it down a bit and really reading the comments.

Thank you for the advice. I didn't realize how sensitive the management was around here...

Instead of writing about what your "sources" are telling you about PXG why don't you just call Bob up and get it from him?(maybe he'll tell you or maybe its none of your business ) The glee here from 26 people who unfortunately were fired is astounding. PXG is this, PXG is that...blah blah blah. Get over it.
I could say the same thing about Bob Parsons and most of the commenters on his tweet. It’s not as if JB is hard to find. Yet here we are.

No one is happy that anyone lost a job here.

Thank you for the advice. I didn't realize how sensitive the management was around here...

Super confusing by the entire exchange here. First you said there was some sort of glee in people losing their jobs, which was inaccurate. Then when people pointed out that its a friendly place, with accurate info and people exchanging opinions and ideas about a game and industry we are all passionate about it turns to somehow sensitivity?

Check out the forum. Check out the fun. There is a lot to be excited about and enjoy in this community. Sadly not people losing their jobs, but the conversation can still be enjoyed to share ideas on the why

Hahaha, not management, just a guy who’s written a few articles here and there.

No reason to be hyper aggressive dude, peek around, you might just like what you see around here. Have a great evening!

I have no idea what plans Bob Parsons has for his golf club company but profitable or not, PXG can be a side hobby for Bob Parsons for as long as he wants with his net worth of about $3B. Heck, his wealth grows about $300,000,000 per year with that kind of net worth. Why he has to let go 26 of about 170 employees is sad and a bit puzzling. His payroll for his employees can't total more than about $15M. It will be interesting to see what the next year brings for PXG.

When you're a small company to begin with, a law suit, a lot of tour players you sponsor, being a boutique item, it doesn't take much to get into this predicament.

I have no idea what plans Bob Parsons has for his golf club company but profitable or not, PXG can be a side hobby for Bob Parsons for as long as he wants with his net worth of about $3B. Heck, his wealth grows about $300,000,000 per year with that kind of net worth. Why he has to let go 26 of about 170 employees is sad and a bit puzzling. His payroll for his employees can't total more than about $15M. It will be interesting to see what the next year brings for PXG.

With their apparel and accessories growing, along with retail fitting space, I suspect next year will look decent. The bigger question for me is how long the premium fritters will participate with them opening their own (in some ways direct competition).

That pretty much sums up why nobody can have civil conversations on religion and politics. Too many people think their answer is the only answer and everyone else is wrong.

I've been "restructured" and I've been involved in "restructuring." I was restructured this year and it has been the most stressful year I've ever had. I know there are people out there who have had it much worse than I have.

As I mentioned earlier, it's entirely possible Parson's idea of the business model has changed. If you think your product is already the best, you reduce R&D staff and focus on a slower release schedule. If you think your message is out there and that message is good, you don't feel like you need another marketing gimmick so you cut down your marketing staff. And to fill the void, you do more things and hire more people that will put your product into more peoples' hands. So you increase your demo-day schedule, you hire more fitters, more distribution guys who can work on getting your product into more places.

I'm not saying it's the right answer because I think R&D should stay sizable because you never know who in that department will have the next big idea. Marketing should work with those demo guys to ensure that they're selling the brand according to the script as well as possible. I think more brands would aim for sustainability, but it's kinda hard to doubt Bob Parsons. Hate him to you're blue in the face for a ton of perfectly good reasons, he's still built massively successful businesses from garages.

As I mentioned earlier, it's entirely possible Parson's idea of the business model has changed. If you think your product is already the best, you reduce R&D staff and focus on a slower release schedule. If you think your message is out there and that message is good, you don't feel like you need another marketing gimmick so you cut down your marketing staff. And to fill the void, you do more things and hire more people that will put your product into more peoples' hands. So you increase your demo-day schedule, you hire more fitters, more distribution guys who can work on getting your product into more places.

I'm not saying it's the right answer because I think R&D should stay sizable because you never know who in that department will have the next big idea. Marketing should work with those demo guys to ensure that they're selling the brand according to the script as well as possible. I think more brands would aim for sustainability, but it's kinda hard to doubt Bob Parsons. Hate him to you're blue in the face for a ton of perfectly good reasons, he's still built massively successful businesses from garages.

Your logic is solid and I agree. I love disrupters like Bob Parsons and I wouldn't bet against him either. He's a positive for the golf industry and pushes the big boys to think different, IMO. Like I said earlier, without Parson's we likely don't have Callaway charging $300 each for their Epic Forged and I'm damn happy to have recently added an EF 4 iron to my bag.

When you're a small company to begin with, a law suit, a lot of tour players you sponsor, being a boutique item, it doesn't take much to get into this predicament.

I think of PXG as a company founded by a rich guy with money to burn who likes golf and wanted to be part of the golf industry. His target "niche" has been high priced clubs
Your logic is solid and I agree. I love disrupters like Bob Parsons and I wouldn't bet against him either. He's a positive for the golf industry and pushes the big boys to think different, IMO. Like I said earlier, without Parson's we likely don't have Callaway charging $300 each for their Epic Forged and I'm damn happy to have recently added an EF 4 iron to my bag.

I think Parson's PXG business plan was reckless; essentially a nouveau riche guy just burning money to try and become a player within the world of golf. PXG's high retail price points and over payments for Tour pro endorsement contracts have not been productive or constructive for the golf industry.

Without throwing gas on the fire it seems another golf website has decided to take it upon themselves to “mansplain” this whole situation.

Without throwing gas on the fire it seems another golf website has decided to take it upon themselves to “mansplain” this whole situation.

Oh they have, but its not entirely accurate. They have their info from PXG, they dont have it from any of the people that are no longer there and its comical to see this come out as "incomplete" from a place that gave us Scotty Cameron going to Nike and then scrubbed it from their website later when it was proven to be 100% false.

PXG has not hired 41 people. They say they plan to and have 26 of those jobs posted right now, both part time and full time. If people want to deal with facts, we can, but don't try to discredit for the sake of discredit without doing due diligence.

Oh they have, but its not entirely accurate. They have their info from PXG, they dont have it from any of the people that are no longer there and its comical to see this come out as "incomplete" from a place that gave us Scotty Cameron going to Nike and then scrubbed it from their website later when it was proven to be 100% false.
Oh they were clearly throwing gas. I was trying to not add to it myself by publicly calling them out.

Disregard. Already talked about.

Last edited:
Look up two posts :ROFLMAO:

Yeah, I noticed and amended. haha. Sometimes I am late to the party. I don't understand what they are trying to gain by being spinsters for PXG..

Back