Presidents Cup - who does TW pick?

Picked Reed. Ballsy move.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

I think Tiger views Reed as a tough competitor who will win points for the team.

Woodland, Finau, Tiger, Reed...

Tiger wants to win more than anything else, and there's no question that Reed usually thrives in match play. This would also give him a chance to "redeem" himself in preparation for the next Ryder Cup.

Woohoo!

Tiger picks himself, Woodland, Spieth and Reed.

Maybe he gets another Asst Captain to run things since he doesn't seem to want to devote 100% of his time to it...

I think Captain (and assistant captain (s)) are ceremonial titles. These team rosters are comprised of the world's best players. For alternate shot and best ball pairings one could pick names out of a hat and be fine.

Welp.....good news is we don’t have to hear about how Jordan doesn’t want to play w/ Pat.

Seemed pretty predictable. I thought Na May have been picked but don’t know who I’d have left off.

So who is in if Koepka can’t play?
Spieth or Fowler. Personally, I'd pick Rickie, but I understand if Jordan is the play.

Rickie would be my pick as well, if he's ready to geaux

I would pick Na if Koepka couldn't go.

Maybe he gets another Asst Captain to run things since he doesn't seem to want to devote 100% of his time to it...
Did you really think fresh off a WIN he wouldn’t pick himself?

Based off the win I see why Tiger picked himself. Also it is an exhibition so viewers are the most important stat.

For the other 3 I dont have any major qualms. Finau got 2 points in the Ryder cup, Reed has a strong match play record, and Woodland has a pretty solid game and shown some recent form. Again recognizing that viewers are really the only important metric and that winning while important isnt what the sponsors care about here are my thoughts on the picks.

I think besides Reed, each of these picks are more suited for a wider course that is setup for power players off the tee. Royal Melbourne is the only course the international team has ever won at and I bet will be set up in a way that tries and neuters the long drive off the tee. I really think Kisner should have been more in the conversation considering his style of play. If BK isnt able to play, I wont be surprised if rickie is picked but I'm not surprised if the internationals eke out a surprise victory.

Last edited:
Did you really think fresh off a WIN he wouldn’t pick himself?

No.....I figured he would pick himself win or no win.....

I want to see Koepka as part of the team. But if he's not there do to his recovery needs, I definitely root for Na and would be happy to see Fowler. Kind of a coin flip for me.

Excited to watch and follow the Presidents Cup. Love the location and the Royal Melbourne Golf Club looks fantastic. I'm not Masters excited but surprising close. I am finding the love for team events.

The US side has 5 rookies. That could make this interesting.

Was/am really hoping to see Na make the team.

picking himself was the given all along, but Reed is the head scratcher especially after what happened with the last team he was a part of. Personally I think NA needs to be on the team, but if there is a team event we can "wing it" and put some rookies on the team it's The Presidents Cup.

picking himself was the given all along, but Reed is the head scratcher especially after what happened with the last team he was a part of. Personally I think NA needs to be on the team, but if there is a team event we can "wing it" and put some rookies on the team it's The Presidents Cup.

Reed being picked isnt that odd for me. He is in form. I'm not sure how the team dynamic will be, but based on the interview it seems like Patrick Reed was on TWs list from the beginning and already floated among the team.

But yeah winging it is definitely a possibility for the President Cup.

I want nothing to do with Reed on the team - He is a riot when playing singles, but he seems like a thorn in the side of a good time anywhere else.

Would have preferred Kisner or Fowler.

I want nothing to do with Reed on the team - He is a riot when playing singles, but he seems like a thorn in the side of a good time anywhere else.

How is Kiz left off these teams? He's great in matchup play and such a clutch putter.

Like you, I would have been better off if he selected Fowler.....

Back