LIVE UPDATE THREAD The 2019 Graphite Challenge with UST Mamiya

Coming up 1820191109_151759.jpg20191109_151750.jpg20191109_151731.jpg

Attachments

• 20191109_151731.jpg
    20191109_151731.jpg
    132.8 KB · Views: 10
AAF93D76-ABC8-4D19-BCB4-19510D4FADBC.jpeg

image.jpg

Little bit of casual water on the course.

Nice par 3 2nd hole (shotguns start today) our finishing hole. And, rain glove hands ?

3F1D0A34-A233-455D-9A1C-8AD6404E34EF.jpeg011D5B54-F1BC-4824-9B9A-8810F5B07C7C.jpeg

Last hole, finish with par.
64BE24CE-9DB6-42EC-88BA-7D8058106FF5.jpeg

9E6CB19C-4C3D-45B0-85B4-6727F401B3CE.jpeg

To say the course didn't chew me up and spit me out would be an understatement. @mmaynard11 and @DannyLe definitely carried the team and ended in even par for us

Had a blast today with Parrot and Gaholfer.

Loving the swag and an instant fan of the hats....sounds like everyone had a blast....way behind but look to catch up!

Fun follow fellas, despite weather woes looks like you guys had a blast, sweet venue and looking at scores, the new sticks appear to be agreeing with you. Keep those photos coming.

Great freaking time out there today with @djt311 and @DannyLe course conditions were tough with the rain. Had some great shots but just couldn’t get anything rolling. 6birdies and 6 bogeys. Will have a lot to say about the Recoil shafts, but first impressions having me wonder why It took me so long to play them. Add in the PTx Pros and man oh man! Bring on the Champion course tomorrow!

Last edited:
Group 1 - Shamble format, combo blue/white tees

@BHGtylerb conductor of the birdie train with 5 birdies and 71

@BigDill playing solid golf 87

@GraniteRoost just one birdie, lots of scramble saves 79

Best ball (-4) 68

We were -2 on the day, with two bogeys in the last three holes.

I currently have Recoil 660 in my OL irons and really like them. So, you’re saying there could be a OL specific shaft? Color me interested in hearing about this.
I am not saying that necessarily, because I am not sure you necessarily need one. There should be some great content coming which explains everything. OL sets have been a topic of discussion today.

If anyone ever has a chance to play a round with @BHGtylerb you better grab that opportunity. That man can golf a ball, and is just an all around good guy. We played in the rain, in tough conditions, and still had one heck of a time out there. For about 10 of the holes, it was just our three groups and a very dedicated cart girl on the course.

What a fine time getting around with @Gaholfer and @JB. Conditions made it challenging to say the least. We weren’t able to warm up (this old guy needs that) so It took a little while to get even a little loose in the wind and rain.

No question the stars of the day are the PTx Pros and the THP Recoils. I really like the shaft. I thought it played a little stiffer than my C-Tapers but were very easy to hit. Very smooth. The irons are great. Getting past them being eye candy, the feel on a good strike is so crisp. I can’t wait to hit this combination in better conditions tomorrow on the Champion course.

Some great playing today in less than ideal conditions. Thanks for the updates and enjoy the evening.

Who is ready for meat tonight? Can’t wait to continue the great conversation at Texas de Brazil tonight!

Tomorrow should be a beautiful day with a cool breeze, perfect for the big Course.

the conditions don’t matter, THP and PGA National is always a fun time.

@DannyLe how much does the Attas11 help with launch? As someone who has a negative AOA I’m always looking for any help I can get off the tee to help me maximize carry distance.

Back