criminal charges? Yikes. That's kind of intense.

Haynesworth got 5 games for stomping on a guy without a helmet some years back, this suspension is going to be at least equal to that.

Just because they are on a sports field does not mean laws don’t apply to them. That was assault with deadly weapon.

Ever been hit with one? May as well have been a brick
Have I been hit with a helmet? Yes. Definitely.

Is the bottom of a helmet equitable to a brick? No no. If it was, Rudolph would be on the ground bleeding.

Yeah. At worst I think he’ll get 3 games minimum. Won’t be surprised for entire season though but if garret apologizes with remorse, he’ll play this season.

I’ll guess three or four games and whatever max fine the collective bargaining agreement allows.

criminal charges? Yikes. That's kind of intense.

Thankfully, Rudolph was not injured seriously so I don’t think there would be anything criminal.

Haynesworth got 5 games for stomping on a guy without a helmet some years back, this suspension is going to be at least equal to that.

Just because they are on a sports field does not mean laws don’t apply to them. That was assault with deadly weapon.
deadly weapon :ROFLMAO:

Could you argue that the shoe that was kicking Garrett on the ground would be a deadly weapon? If used right, it's just as 'lethal' as the helmet.

That's you injecting more into it. It's a blunt object that any reasonable person would accept as very dangerous when swung in that manner at a person's head.
I'm not injecting anything into it. Calling it anything other than a 'helmet' in my opinion is injecting more into it.

So, two guys get into a fight, and there's an arrest? If anything, there's two. Whether or not Garrett made a terrible decision (he did), Rudolph was the instigator... twice.

This is not true at all, I know a guy who got into a bar fight (was not the instigator), broke the other guys eye socket and ended up severely injured, he was arrested and spent 3 months in jail.

Stay classy Cleveland..... I think Garrett is an absolute lock for DPY at some point in his career but if that guy is willing to swing at helmet at a guy, I hope he gets suspended the rest of the year and next year tears his Achilles.... F that guy for that display! Just saying ;)

I mean it’s inexcusable for Garret to do what he did. But mason was crying like he shouldn’t have been touched. Then was grabbing at his face and face mask before everything started

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thats just embarrassing. Stupid. Game is over now your gonna get suspended for at least one game if guess

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So, two guys get into a fight, and there's an arrest? If anything, there's two. Whether or not Garrett made a terrible decision (he did), Rudolph was the instigator... twice.
Really? That's all you see? If two guys get into a fight and one swings and connects with a blunt object to the other person's head? It's stull just a mere fight?

12/1 will be an interest game when the browns play Steelers again.

Well, if he just rips off the helmet and three Steelers guys don't try to attack him, it's a nothing event as well.

I'm shocked that you guys in here are talking about a helmet likes it's a sword or a gun or something. Never expected that perspective.
I'm not sure I agree with your characterization of the steelers attacking Garrett.... DeCastro 66 and Feiler 71 were trying to pull Garrett off, when Pouncey came at Garrett it was with intent but others were not attacking Garrett, no way no how! Pouncey should and most likely will get suspended, but whatever he deserves for kicking and punching, Garrett deserves the severest of suspensions in comparison. Rudolph is lucky to been struck with the padding of the helmet instead of the hardest part

What would get lost? If Garrett just ripped Rudolph's helmet off, it would be a nothing event, just ejections.

Then he uses a dangerous weapon to strike Rudolph in the head. That's what makes it what it is, not that he responded to Rudolph attempting to pull his helmet off.
You are completely misunderstanding my point. I was observing that Garret’s outrageous conduct will be cover for the league and fans to ignore that Rudolph was pulling Garrett’s helmet off, which in and of itself is basically unheard of.

This is not true at all, I know a guy who got into a bar fight (was not the instigator), broke the other guys eye socket and ended up severely injured, he was arrested and spent 3 months in jail.
Just my opinion brother. Dude picks a fight twice and loses twice, that's on him.

**still absolutely not excusing Garrett for the helmet swing and think he should be suspended**

Kind of shocked to see people excusing Garrett’s disgusting act... Dude just hit a guy over his head with a helmet.

Haynesworth got 5 games for “the stomp.” Garrett will get more.

Kind of shocked to see people excusing Garrett’s disgusting act... Dude just hit a guy over his head with a helmet.

Literally not a single person excusing it.

I'm not sure I agree with your characterization of the steelers attacking Garrett.... DeCastro 66 and Feiler 71 were trying to pull Garrett off, when Pouncey came at Garrett it was with intent but others were not attacking Garrett, no way no how! Pouncey should and most likely will get suspended, but whatever he deserves for kicking and punching, Garrett deserves the severest of suspensions in comparison. Rudolph is lucky to been struck with the padding of the helmet instead of the hardest part
Oh, they got him off, and then continued to go after him.. with no-helmet Rudolph (stupid) chasing close behind.
The reality is, there were three Steelers going after Garrett when he swung. Still not condoning it, but hey..

Agreed that Rudolph is lucky. Two very bad decisions that could have lead to a solid concussion.

I haven't seen anyone excuse it, fwiw.

Well, if he just rips off the helmet and three Steelers guys don't try to attack him, it's a nothing event as well.

I'm shocked that you guys in here are talking about a helmet likes it's a sword or a gun or something. Never expected that perspective.
I don’t know Dan, the way he used it he turned it into a weapon. He literally could have done real damage. If this game was not in Cleveland he very well could be looking at charges.

Part of what’s being lost here is Garrett threw Rudolph to the ground well after the ball was gone.

Imagine if this was not Rudolf but Brady or Aaron Rodgers that was getting smacked in the head with his own helmet. The OUTRAGE would be off the charts.

Fox Steve Smith claims league has to suspend him the rest of the year and Joe Thomas agrees..... That's saying something is Steve Smith thinks league should suspend :oops:

Really? That's all you see? If two guys get into a fight and one swings and connects with a blunt object to the other person's head? It's stull just a mere fight?
If three dudes pushing 2-300 pounds start attacking me in my life, I'll surely use a blunt object to protect myself :ROFLMAO:

Not a great comparison though. I'm not a big dude by any stretch.

Just my opinion brother. Dude picks a fight twice and loses twice, that's on him.

**still absolutely not excusing Garrett for the helmet swing and think he should be suspended**

There is a difference between picking a fight and getting into a verbal exchange with some pushing, compared to having your helmet ripped off and getting hit over the head with it. No one in the NFL is signing up to be part of an act like that.

I don’t think anyone is excusing his actions here. What he did us wrong and out of character. He deserves to be suspended and needs to face the consequences of his actions.

I won’t be surprised if he got more than that.

I don’t know Dan, the way he used it he turned it into a weapon. He literally could have done real damage. If this game was not in Cleveland he very well could be looking at charges.
I agree it could be considered a "weapon" but I don't see the point in classifying it. Hell, a punch to the face could have done more damage (if we want to be honest here).

He swung a HELMET at a player (who was not defenseless, if anything antagonizing) and should be suspended.

Back