Review TOMO Volume 2 Golf Shoes

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
New review on an interesting pair of shoes from TOMO. Check it out on the home page here.

Those are....

Really really not good looking.

I gave up on Tomo after my second pair mesh in the left foot ripped wide open after only one round of play...I really wanted to like them but at least for my foot it didn't hold up at all, both pairs almost immediately disintegrated.

• Admin
I gave up on Tomo after my second pair mesh in the left foot ripped wide open after only one round of play...I really wanted to like them but at least for my foot it didn't hold up at all, both pairs almost immediately disintegrated.

Wow that is crazy. I wonder how @ddec pair has held up over time. Hopefully can share his long term experiences on the forum.
Did you reach out to the company on the second one? Response?

Meh.. look like band golf shoes.. I'll look elsewhere for spikeless

Thanks for the great review Molten. Though not the color pictured in the review, I am a fan of the looks of the shoes. Would try the gray or white in a heartbeat. Other than stability issues (which I have also found in other cloth upper shoes) during the swing, it sounds like these are a solid, versatile option.

I snapped some pics of mine this morning and will throw them up when I get in to work. Still in decent shape with over a years use.

Wow that is crazy. I wonder how @ddec pair has held up over time. Hopefully can share his long term experiences on the forum.
Did you reach out to the company on the second one? Response?

After the first one I did and they were actually quick to respond and send me a new pair. After the second one I was caught in heavy work travel schedule so I didn't bother. The issue was really with driver swing where I'm rather active with my feet, sizing felt ok but perhaps one (or half) size larger would've helped.

Awesome write-up Molten!

I like these shoes for what they are a transitional shoe from the street to the range or course. We all need a shoe like that. Even with the sizing issues, the comfort and lightweight features of this shoe seem like a great option.

Will ponder these for sure.

Here are some pics from the Vol 1 shoes. For being a year+ in age, having plenty of rounds, indoor, and range sessions, as well as being a regular wearing shoe I think they have held up fine. There is a pull pictured in the one shot, which I find to be somewhat common on these knit styles.

Attachments

• BA1014FF-471B-4565-BE7D-47A3160EAF2D.jpeg
    BA1014FF-471B-4565-BE7D-47A3160EAF2D.jpeg
    112.2 KB · Views: 3
  • 4E956D28-871E-4EF4-A0B2-4B932BDED59C.jpeg
    4E956D28-871E-4EF4-A0B2-4B932BDED59C.jpeg
    198 KB · Views: 3
  • 51321A6D-F36D-45B5-B8D4-FFF7D81A482A.jpeg
    51321A6D-F36D-45B5-B8D4-FFF7D81A482A.jpeg
    117.8 KB · Views: 3
  • F0EB9405-E056-4818-84B7-A855C98013CE.jpeg
    F0EB9405-E056-4818-84B7-A855C98013CE.jpeg
    117.2 KB · Views: 3
Here are some pics from the Vol 1 shoes. For being a year+ in age, having plenty of rounds, indoor, and range sessions, as well as being a regular wearing shoe I think they have held up fine. There is a pull pictured in the one shot, which I find to be somewhat common on these knit styles.

That is good.
In the future, when you upload attachment, if you click the Full Image button they will appear inline all sized correctly.
Similar to with Tapatalk how you choose a size as the second step.

Doesn't look like something I would be interested in. Reminds my of track shoes I had in high school a long long long tine ago.

I love that the internet comments I'm seeing are basically the same as what I saw in person. Very few people are ambivalent about the looks - strong feelings all around.

Nice write-up @Molten , but those are hideous haha.

Didn't even read the article, saw the photos, gagged and closed it up.... No me gusta.

Why do I have the urge to click my heels and say "There's NO PLACE LIKE HOME"

Back