Assault on the Course?

Who started it is less important than the magnitude of the aggression. Slapping another player would be by itself quite an incident. There would be significant consequences. Responding in a fight would be catastrophic. Both players would see some form of punishment. Hitting someone with a club is an intent to physically harm another person with a weapon and should end up both as a legal issue and lifetime ban, PGA game over.

Slapper would be suspended. Club hitter would likely be banned.

For the slapper ......

The using a club on the slapper .......

It doesn't matter who started the fight. You don't bring a golf club to a slap fight.

I would hope they got banned from the Tour. That stuff is so childish and seeing the stuff between the Browns and Steelers I was in awe. These guys get paid to do what most can't. They get paid to do what they have always dreamed about. I get that it's a lot of work, but they are role models to so many and when you're in a position like that, you have to hold yourself to high standards.

You may be onto something. I'd pay to watch this form of golf!

I’m guessing it would be lifetime ban. My opinion on the NFL is they are too soft of punishment. There is really no place for that behavior in professional sports.

Let them fight it out and deal with it as they wish. Grown men should be able to work it out without outside interference.

I have been thinking about one thing since JB posted this topic, and that is someone slapping John Daly and Big John firing a half full diet coke can back at the slapper. All hell would break loose in golf media.

Im not necessarily disagreeing with you, but being banned from the tour does not mean one is taking away golf from a person, right?

Yeah. I didn't mean golf. I meant the tour. Their ability to compete.

I say put them both in a confined area and let them hash it out dukes style. Whoever walks out gets a year suspension. The guy that lost gets no suspension. The ass kicking he received is punishment enough.

Seriously though, they both get a year suspension and a fine. It's a non contact sport. There's no excuse for it.

So you think the player that slapped the other player should get a stiffer penalty than the one that took a club to him back?

My bad....I read this at an eye appt after getting drops in eyes and waiting in the sitting area, I didn’t read he hit him with a club. I thought he slapped him back. I agree if someone hit the other with a golf club, the one with the club should get severely punished and I’m sure will face the wrath of the law. Note to self- don’t respond when eyes filled with orange fluid ?.

My bad....I read this at an eye appt after getting drops in eyes and waiting in the sitting area, I didn’t read he hit him with a club. I thought he slapped him back. I agree if someone hit the other with a golf club, the one with the club should get severely punished and I’m sure will face the wrath of the law. Note to self- don’t respond when eyes filled with orange fluid ?.

But responding with eyes filled with orange fluid means you take your THP duties seriously. Well done sir!

I dunno how I feel on this subject. For those saying lifetime ban, does that thought process change if it’s Kevin Nobody versus someone more popular, say Keopka? Not sure who on tour would slap him though, lol.

Let them have a duel.. 10 paces then turn and blast a stinger at the other

Do you turn fast and fire away inaccurately, or set up better but risk being hit??

I'd be curious to see what would happen on the Korean Tour, where making 2 birdies initially got a player a 3-yr ban (since reduced to one).

So people saying lifetime ban, who gets it? The guy that slapped the other guy first? Or the guy that hit the slapper with a club?
The one called Bryson Dechambeau

I would think a ban from the tour for a year would happen. But taking a club to hit the person, ban for life.
If you hit someome with a golf club you should be in prison.

When Jimenez and Keegan Bradley got into it for a bit or Sung Kang and his interesting out of bounds, I think that is the extent things go for golfers.

Anything more and bans start appearing. I wouldn't be surprised of a forfeit of tour card/status for the institagator and for any retaliation.

If a club gets involved I wouldn't be surprised of criminal charges.

Depends on the circumstances, how it started, who started it, etc. A golf club is arguably a deadly weapon, so there are potential felony criminal charges involved, and therefore the potential for prison time. A fine or ban by the PGA Tour may be the least of the involved parties concerns.

Depends on the circumstances, how it started, who started it, etc. A golf club is arguably a deadly weapon, so there are potential felony criminal charges involved, and therefore the potential for prison time. A fine or ban by the PGA Tour may be the least of the involved parties concerns.

Its in the first post.
Player A wishes player B’s ball to miss.
Player B slaps Player A.
Player A hits player B with a club.

Its in the first post.
Player A wishes player B’s ball to miss.
Nothing illegal
Player B slaps Player A.
Misdemeanor Battery
Player A hits player B with a club.
Possible Aggravated Battery, Heinous Battery, Attempted Homicide, Homicide...or nothing.

Let them fight it out and deal with it as they wish. Grown men should be able to work it out without outside interference.
Normally I would agree with you, but if Rickie was the slapper, for example, and Brooks was the club wielder, Rickie might need a little intervention.

Back