LIVE UPDATE THREAD 2019 The Grandaddy with Callaway Golf

Not to be the jackass to rain on the parade...but did anyone come prepared for it to rain on your parade? It’s supposed to dump like a SOB tomorrow (at least by SoCal standards).

Just to put it in perspective, having seen photos of Al’s house on priors years GDs, photos can’t do it it justice. It was obsoletely a phenomenal time today at Al’s tonight. Imagine welcoming 1e2 random folks from the internet into your immaculate house and making everyone feel like they were their for a family thanksgiving dinner. It was as good as it gets. I can’t begin to thank Al, Callaway and THP for the experience so far, and we haven’t played a single hole of golf yet. Oh and as far as pairing for tommorow. @DNevsCG @TonyToulon, @NoShanks will be carrying me but as far as I am concerned be prepared

1575439552171.gif

Incredible updates everyone! ?

20191203_222912.jpg

My fitting results:
Driver- ‘20 offering 9* turned down to 8* with 5g hot melt in toe and GD IZ 7x
FW - ‘20 offering 3+ with GD IZ 8x
UT - X Forged 19* UT with KBS Proto 105x
Irons - Apex 4, Apex Pro 5-PW KBS 125 s+
Wedges - Jaws 50*, 54*, 58* s400 tour issue
Putter - ‘20 offering SL Black

View attachment 8917241

Ready for Lunch!
Damn bro, you been in the weight room.... those shafts!

You guys have been killing it with the updates and those sweaters are f***in' LIT!!!!

Last edited:
B1A3A560-9CAB-4E72-B15F-8020DDBF2E16.jpeg

JRod and his intimidation techniques.

Before signing off for the night, I just wanted to add a couple of thoughts...

It’s been said before, but arriving at the Hideaway after dark is so strange. You’re on the grounds of this golf Mecca, yet, can’t see it. It’s right there, but you’re unable to touch it. Just a few short hours later, you’ll be able to experience it fully, but not quite yet.

Al and Shelly are great hosts. Al gave every one of us a huge hug when we arrived, as if we were his long lost friend. Super enjoyable evening with the Zoo Crew and our Hideaway member hosts. The Italian food was amazing.

Bus will be heading out by 8 to go partake in the breakfast sliders and have the unveiling of our new clubs and bag. Cliff arrived from Carlsbad just a little while ago with his vehicle full of the clubs that we ordered this morning, and are already built. Another “how nuts is that”, is the fact that they essentially shut down that department for the better part of a day to build these clubs for us.

Nowhere but #TheGrandaddy.

Let the Pre-Nest commence.
20191203_230624.jpg

So if you shouldn’t re-nest.... but you can’t re-nest if you don’t de-nest, what happens if you pre-nest. :unsure:

Will a mallet style head be new to you or have you previously played one ?

Yes I’ve played quite a few different mallets previously but they’ve all been smaller in profile than my grandaddy one.

So...who went blades? ;)
@NoShanks did. ? Hes a baller though, he’ll use those knives to carve up the zoocrew tomorrow!

Back