LIVE UPDATE THREAD 2019 The Grandaddy with Callaway Golf

20191203_231530.jpg
20191203_231517.jpg

20191203_231555.jpg

20191203_231732.jpg

@JasonFinleyCG On behalf of all THPers Happy 20th Wedding Anniversary and thank your wife, Vicky ( spelling ? sorry if incorrect) for allowing you to host this event of a lifetime. The follow is incredible hopefully, one day, I will be able to thank you in person.

Last edited:
giphy4228076160489058712.gif

20191203_235540.jpg

Scouting mission was successful. Pre-Nesters disperse.

20191203_235625.jpg

Question for the team.

What has been the most underrated part of the trip so far?

not underrated, but under-understood: the lack of personal time. it is incredibly hard to come by any free time; any time is borrowed against callaway and the perfection they have scheduled for us.

Re-Nest...how ab a Pre-Nest scouting trip!
1C8EFA76-934F-49FB-A041-6B6F18C629C7.jpeg

not underrated, but under-understood: the lack of personal time. it is incredibly hard to come by any free time; any time is borrowed against callaway and the perfection they have scheduled for us.
This x1000. I've heard it so many times. But, everything happens so fast. Before you realize it, the day is done. Luckily, these guys are planning on enjoying the next few days as much as we are.

Going to try and sleep. Thanks for following along everyone. I really wish we could go more in depth about the product, because it is impressive. We'll get a couple days of gaming in and will be nice and familiar with them. Once the embargoes lift, we'll unleash with everything we learned.

What a freaking read/follow so far.

it’s like you kinda know what to expect, but then ThP and callaway just throws ur expectations aside, laaughs, and some how surprises you and makes the best event ever, even better.

have fun later this morning boys.

It’s coming back. My job is done. I can’t begin to explain what this means to me, it’s the only thing I wanted from this event. This team went above and beyond, and now 12 more guys will get added to the family.

You’re killing it dude!

@Nate

Al has spoken

Al remains a freaking legend!

Pre-nesting is a bold strategy for sure. I like it! Looks like lots of fun last night, which is unsurprising and fantastic! Dinner at Als is one of the great things at The Grandaddy, the camaraderie, and the food and the trash talk and the knowledge that it’s all just behind that wall but you can’t quite see it just yet.

Have a blast out there today boys, enjoy it all! Win lose or draw you’ve already won, welcome to the alumni family!

It’s coming back. My job is done. I can’t begin to explain what this means to me, it’s the only thing I wanted from this event. This team went above and beyond, and now 12 more guys will get added to the family.
Well done my friend! Soooo happy to hear #TheGrandaddy is coming back! This event changed my life and does so much for an individual if they step back and look at the bigger picture!

Looks like another amazing night at Al's place

And the best news anyone could ever hope to hear - The Grandaddy will return :love:

I’m definitely seeing a gap in the market. I think Ogio could make a killing with an Alpha convoy Buddy leash. Nice long leash so your buddy can get drinks at the bar, 6 pack holder to hold your beverages without them getting lost. GPS tracker so you can find him when he tries to re-nest, sounds like a winner to me.

This x1000. I've heard it so many times. But, everything happens so fast. Before you realize it, the day is done. Luckily, these guys are planning on enjoying the next few days as much as we are.

Going to try and sleep. Thanks for following along everyone. I really wish we could go more in depth about the product, because it is impressive. We'll get a couple days of gaming in and will be nice and familiar with them. Once the embargoes lift, we'll unleash with everything we learned.
Good luck with the sleep my man! Hope you’re as blown away living the event as we are following along.

Love the new format. Adding some #sidesauce, mixing THP & Callaway in teams - that twist symbolizes what the GD is about. Joining at the hip a bunch of amateurs to the top company in the sport.

Pairings:
My eyes immediately went to Snickerdog, and I wasn’t disappointed! Go get it today buddy. I know it’s going to be an unforgettable round with Mr Finley.

So... the GD coming back:
I’ve had the opportunity to get to know a few THPers, and every convo it seemed like would make its way to the GD. I’ll admit in every convo I’d say that I felt this was the last one. For whatever reason, and by no fault of anyone involved, I just thought a company going to this extreme for a bunch of amateurs had to come to an end and this would be it. Gotta say, I’m brutally excited this will be back next year. And I’m not afraid to say what most people are thinking too - I want in hahah.

Have a blast today fellas.

Last edited:
JB said:
"We are not off to a good start. Our captain miss counted the total of the team and we left somebody at the hotel"

Wait whaaaaaaaat?

oops, did someone forget to change the time on their apple watch?

It looks like you guys did it up right last night! Thanks for bringing is along for the ride so far, it's been awesome coverage.

I'm so happy for you man. You were definitely the right choice for the role this year and I'm glad to see it all paying off for you. Great work Mike!

I’m definitely seeing a gap in the market. I think Ogio could make a killing with an Alpha convoy Buddy leash. Nice long leash so your buddy can get drinks at the bar, 6 pack holder to hold your beverages without them getting lost. GPS tracker so you can find him when he tries to re-nest, sounds like a winner to me.
This x1000 ???

The Granddaddy would be an excellent place to test crazy travel gear ideas for OGIO

Back