Cobra KING F9 SPEEDBACK Irons

Put your entry in for these irons people, they are fantastic. If I did not already have a set, I would be all over this. I think 4 and 5 irons from this set may be the easiest to hit in golf right now.

I second this, during this golf season I dropped my cap from 19 to 14 and I give this clubs much of the credit. Get those entries in people, you will not be disappointed!

Was bored today so decided to grab a 4 iron and see what all you Cobra and Morgan Cup guys are raving about. F9's on sale now.

KING F9 SPEEDBACK Irons - Single Irons $101
Shaft Flex Option Graphite Stiff Shaft UST Recoil 780 ES SmacWrap BLACK
Grip Lamkin - Ace Crossline Cord - Black -
Lie Angle 2° FLAT Loft Angle STANDARD Hand Left Loft 4 Iron

Second iron out of my set broke today. I don't know what to do with these clubs...

Was bored today so decided to grab a 4 iron and see what all you Cobra and Morgan Cup guys are raving about. F9's on sale now.

KING F9 SPEEDBACK Irons - Single Irons $101
Shaft Flex Option Graphite Stiff Shaft UST Recoil 780 ES SmacWrap BLACK
Grip Lamkin - Ace Crossline Cord - Black -
Lie Angle 2° FLAT Loft Angle STANDARD Hand Left Loft 4 Iron

Well this is exciting.

My 4i was an absolute weapon for us in the scramble off the tee.

Was 30 yards back of @mpeterson today on one Par 5

#2 Handicap Hole

(arccos caddie preview - Not the actual way we played it)

B018D499-3227-4044-9645-89A39529FA78.png

The group was in some trouble off the tee, went last pulled this Smoked it down the middle of the pipe - smack dab middle of the FW with 140 to the stick

Such a fantastic club.

With the release of Speedzone and my current affinity for SGI/Hybrid Irons I wanted to get these back on course for a comparison and to see how they stack up.

Depending on your appetite definitely the best looking at address (topline) compared to the hybrid irons. The longer irons have some junk in the trunk but nothing compared to the hybrid irons.

It was cold today high 30s low 40s but distance was still pretty solid, depending on wind direction I was pretty close to in season distance, maybe 1/2 club lost and up to a full club gained with wind.

I won CTP with a 28’ distance (greens were frozen) my struggle with these and the same that I had somewhat all year was scoring irons and having the right feel. Being slightly off the hot face had some misses and proximity wasn’t ideal still playable but seeing better control and accuracy with some other choices.

Off the tee these are outstanding distance is fantastic and control is good enough to be far enough that gives you any chance on a hole.

Irons launch high throughout the the set, are a bit. Low spin, which I think hurt me as a low spin player.

all in all these are a great choice in the GI set happy to game them this year and they were solid, but maybe not the best for me to maximize scoring.

With the release of Speedzone and my current affinity for SGI/Hybrid Irons I wanted to get these back on course for a comparison and to see how they stack up.

Depending on your appetite definitely the best looking at address (topline) compared to the hybrid irons. The longer irons have some junk in the trunk but nothing compared to the hybrid irons.

It was cold today high 30s low 40s but distance was still pretty solid, depending on wind direction I was pretty close to in season distance, maybe 1/2 club lost and up to a full club gained with wind.

I won CTP with a 28’ distance (greens were frozen) my struggle with these and the same that I had somewhat all year was scoring irons and having the right feel. Being slightly off the hot face had some misses and proximity wasn’t ideal still playable but seeing better control and accuracy with some other choices.

Off the tee these are outstanding distance is fantastic and control is good enough to be far enough that gives you any chance on a hole.

Irons launch high throughout the the set, are a bit. Low spin, which I think hurt me as a low spin player.

all in all these are a great choice in the GI set happy to game them this year and they were solid, but maybe not the best for me to maximize scoring.

If you had to choose between these and the SGI/hybrid irons for your bag for all of next year, which would you choose?

If you had to choose between these and the SGI/hybrid irons for your bag for all of next year, which would you choose?

Honestly, they’re both great and really so close
Performance wise. I think the hot faces on these make it tough, maybe a blended set?

Just purchased 5H, 6-9, PW, GW F9 Speedback irons for $399.99. Anyone have these and Rogue X to compare to?

Last edited:
Played my new Cobra F9 Speedback 4 iron Saturday for the first time and Arccos had me at 212 yds and 215 yds, both on par 3's. That's long for me for a 4 iron. Very happy with this purchase. It was easy to hit, felt great in my hands on contact, and I think it's going to be much more accurate than the 4 hybrid it replaced. I'm thinking long Par 3's and a driving iron for tight Par 4's. Haven't hit off the fairway yet.

Played my new Cobra F9 Speedback 4 iron Saturday for the first time and Arccos had me at 212 yds and 215 yds, both on par 3's. That's long for me for a 4 iron. Very happy with this purchase. It was easy to hit, felt great in my hands on contact, and I think it's going to be much more accurate than the 4 hybrid it replaced. I'm thinking long Par 3's and a driving iron for tight Par 4's. Haven't hit off the fairway yet.
What shaft did you go with for the 4 iron?

This should say something about how good these clubs are for me. Three of the heads have flown off over the past few months. Instead of playing something different I'm taking the loss and just reshafting all of them myself. These irons are especially good in South Florida with all this mud and Bermuda grass. Going to put something graphite in the 4 iron and see how it goes!

This should say something about how good these clubs are for me. Three of the heads have flown off over the past few months. Instead of playing something different I'm taking the loss and just reshafting all of them myself. These irons are especially good in South Florida with all this mud and Bermuda grass. Going to put something graphite in the 4 iron and see how it goes!

Been following your issues in this thread and it really sucks. Did not have that issue with my set, however, they should be that much more enjoyable since you’re doing the work yourself

Picked up a 5i cheap to try in the spot between my 7w and Forged Tec 6i. I really struggle with that spot. So much so that I’m going to try a 9w also. It should be interesting

So now I have a stiff kbs 90 in a few clubs. A few have regular flex kbs 90's... I just think Cobra could have done a little more for me customer service wise. Send me a damn hat or something for all this trouble lol. Now, on to epoxy this 4 iron!

So now I have a stiff kbs 90 in a few clubs. A few have regular flex kbs 90's... I just think Cobra could have done a little more for me customer service wise. Send me a damn hat or something for all this trouble lol. Now, on to epoxy this 4 iron!

I agree. This has been a true hassle. It is strange that so many have had this issue. The consensus is that it goes back to the KBS shafts, but why is it more prevalent with Cobra clubs? I don’t get it. As I have mentioned before, I have owned 5 different sets of Cobra irons and not had one head break. You certainly have been patient.

Finally got out on course with the one length 4i for the first time today.

It was the lowest lofted club I took out with me (me and woods don't get on atm) so got a lot of use both from the tee and the fairway. Like all my irons on the day it was fairly mixed, but even the worst shots were in play and no more than a couple of yards off the fairway.

When I put a good swing on it, it really flew. Hard to gauge distance in very wet and windy conditions, but it was side by side with my playing partners hitting driver several times. Feels good to have a club I'm confident with on any hole 380 and under.

I'm really starting to question the quality of these irons. I hit a shot out of a bunker with my gap wedge and now it sounds like there's sand all inside the club!!! I'm sending them back today. I swear if I run into another issue with these clubs and Cobra golf, I will completely give up playing this game...

I'm really starting to question the quality of these irons. I hit a shot out of a bunker with my gap wedge and now it sounds like there's sand all inside the club!!! I'm sending them back today. I swear if I run into another issue with these clubs and Cobra golf, I will completely give up playing this game...
Wait, sand inside the club? How would it get in? That’s really strange

Wait, sand inside the club? How would it get in? That’s really strange
My entire group is puzzled. I think there's something wrong with the way my irons are sealed in the cavity. I'm sending the entire set in to Cobra today for inspection. Other than that I really like these irons lol

Sounds like some epoxy broke lose.

Took these out the other day to compare to the following iron sets:
These have the :NipponShaft: Modus Tour 105 Shafts in Stiff Flex.

Bridgestone J15 DPF with :TrueTemper: Elevate Tour S300

Cleveland HB Launcher Turbo irons with :TrueTemper: AMT Red R300

Wilson Launch Pad irons with KBS Tour 80 Stiff Flex Shafts

I should have used the Lamkin Gripes on the grips - as that was easily the biggest difference was lack of tack and grip compared to the other clubs.

In terms of performance - from a number perspective as well as Dispersion and Trajectory, I think these won the day - mind you my inconsistent amateur swing changes each session I do.

Irons Trackman Dispersion 12.22.19.GIF

Irons Trackman Trajectory12.22.19.GIF

F9 6i Trackman 12.22.19.GIF

Blue is the F9 Color for all of the data.

These performed well on the best strikes, and better than the other irons in the bay that day. It reinforces that these are a great iron and could work for most golfers (as you can see in the thread).

The J15s are my babies, tried and true and lots of great golf played with these - lateral dispersion was pretty tight, however not as great on the mishits as the other three sets - could get out there with the others but definitely giving up the forgiveness. From a launch standpoint, the lowest if not one of the lower ones.

J15 6i Trackman 12.22.19.GIF

The HB Launcher Turbos - surprisingly were one of the lowest launching irons, I wonder if it's the shaft in there as most of the feedback is the high launch in these. Definitely makes sense where I see the Launch Pads and F9s launching higher. Speed on these was in line with the J15s which was a surprise to me, but it's been a bit slower last couple outings.

Turbo 6i Trackman 12.22.19.GIF

Wilson Launch Pads - probably the second best performer for me, lower spin good launch, second best to the F9s and had ball speed up as well. Definitely felt like I needed to step into them in the bay that day to get them to do what I wanted. Solid outing.

Launch Pad 6i Trackman 12.22.19.GIF

Overall F9s were the winners, but some great options and I think I can game any of these on any given day.

I put the F9 5i in play the other day. Hit it off the tee a couple times and a couple times from the fairway. A very small sample size but I was impressed. I think the shaft is a little too light but not unmanageable. According to gps it was in the 185-190 range which is what I was looking for. I got plenty of height and a consistent fade. Kinda wish I’d have tried these at my fitting.

Back