LIVE UPDATE THREAD 2019 The Grandaddy with Callaway Golf

Came down to the final par 3 on Dye 17, but ended Browning ended up squeaking out the win . Was a fun and competitive match.

20191205_151411.jpg20191205_143534.jpg20191205_131314.jpg20191205_122608.jpg20191205_121621.jpg

Attachments

• 20191205_122826.jpg
    20191205_122826.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 16
I love the giddy feeling that the Grandaddy elicits...dunno if it is just me, but I love it
Definitely not just you, brother!

I want to jump through the screen to be right there with them, even if it's just to give them high fives, fist bumps, hugs and encouragement!

What a great day and great week it has been for all involved. Team THP 2019 did it right and carried on the tradition in a manner all can be proud of! The memories you made will bring a smile to your face for a long, long time!

I would like to thank @badolds for giving me an early holiday present, which was the gift of humility. He throttled me (though he was a gentleman about it) and really golfed his ball. He was pounding the driver and absolutely CREAMED a three wood on hole 7. Even if I’d had my best stuff he likely would have taken me down. He was super steady all day. My hat is off Dan!

As I mentioned earlier, @zbeekner4 was impressive with his ice cream treat consumption, but also in his effort to keep pace with Tony T, who did not make it easy. I think he also hit the biggest drive I have ever seen on number 9. Stu, our member host, lives on that hole and he said he doesn’t see too many balls where @zbeekner4 put his drive.

A fun second day. Now to try to catch up on the forum and stave off the inevitable and unfortunate return to reality...

This was a fantastic follow, congrats to everyone, THP members, Calloway, the hosts, and of course JB and GolferGal. I caught myself leaning into my screen reading the updates while catching up this evening. The matches were great, the updates were outstanding, and it looked like everyone was having a blast. Just totally amazing!!!

Well done everybody. What a ride.

@McLovin and @mikeg_74, and all of Team THP, y’all were fantastic! The guys played hard and competed to the very last. I’m so proud of you all. I feel like I know you from following along the last several months. Y’all have exemplified the best in THP, and ensured that all of us can hope to get picked and another team can live this next year.

@JasonFinleyCG and @JohnnyRodCG, congratulations to you and your team. Y’all are great competitors and sports folk. Thanks for the all the generosity you’ve extended to THPers over the years and for an exceptional experience the participants will never, ever forget. And a special tip of the hat to Jason and his wife on their anniversary.

Cheers!

Well done today fellas! You made us proud! I believe you all captured what this event is about and that is what matters. You will look back on this week and never forget and you will stay in touch with your team and the ZooCrew and those bonds are what matters! The event coming back next year means you all did your job! Long live The Grandaddy!!!!!

What. A. Day.

It’s hard to put into words what the last few days have been. But I’m going to try!

Thank you to our gracious hosts: @JasonFinleyCG and Callaways entire staff, Al Camara and the many members that accompanied each group for 2 days, Hideaway head pro Lehua, @JB, @GolferGal and the rest of the THP staff that help make this happen for us. No one is deserving of this but it is incredibly humbling to be treated like gold for a few days in California.

In regards to the equipment, I’ll spend more time in each respective thread for reviews once the embargo lifts on the new stuff. All I can say now is that what Callaway is doing is truly revolutionary. The tech works and the results are objectively better than anything I've ever gamed in my life.

Thanks to everyone on THP for following along. I hope you all enjoyed the follow. We’re on the bus for the next few hours so if you have any questions, fire away and I’m sure we can get them answered!

Wow, just wow! I think I feel almost as exhausted and probably as depressed that it’s over for another year as the team.
We wait all year to partake or follow and it takes forever to arrive and is gone in a flash.
Thanks Team THP for bringing us on the epic journey that is the Grandaddy! Everyone killed it with the updates, photo’s and live scoring. Do not for a minute hang your heads. You all represented this community in fine fashion. I’m proud to be a part of it. Cheers ? to you all.
Thanks to everyone involved in making this the pinnacle of amateur golf. Glad to see that it’s coming back next year! Fingers crossed.

What. A. Day.

It’s hard to put into words what the last few days have been. But I’m going to try!

Thank you to our gracious hosts: @JasonFinleyCG and Callaways entire staff, Al Camara and the many members that accompanied each group for 2 days, Hideaway head pro Lehua, @JB, @GolferGal and the rest of the THP staff that help make this happen for us. No one is deserving of this but it is incredibly humbling to be treated like gold for a few days in California.

In regards to the equipment, I’ll spend more time in each respective thread for reviews once the embargo lifts on the new stuff. All I can say now is that what Callaway is doing is truly revolutionary. The tech works and the results are objectively better than anything I've ever gamed in my life.

Thanks to everyone on THP for following along. I hope you all enjoyed the follow. We’re on the bus for the next few hours so if you have any questions, fire away and I’m sure we can get them answered!
Well done man!

What’s your opinion of what the most difficult part of the hideaway is? Each course separately...

I am done. Physically and emotionally I am spent. I don’t think I have ever had a week like this and probably never will again. I want to thank THP and Callaway golf for such an amazing event. This bus ride back to Carlsbad will be long for sure.
thanks everyone for following along and rooting for us. Now time to catch up to the forum today.
So pumped for you, my friend! Can't wait to tee it up soon and share endless Grandaddy memories together!

Congrats and thank you Team THP for what you brought to the forum this week! The bonds you've created will be cherished for a long time.

Congrats Zoo Crew on defending again! Beeeuuuuummm!!!

It's hard to thank Callaway, JB, GG and the Hideaway staff/members enough, but we will always try to. #ForeverGrateful

I am done. Physically and emotionally I am spent. I don’t think I have ever had a week like this and probably never will again. I want to thank THP and Callaway golf for such an amazing event. This bus ride back to Carlsbad will be long for sure.
thanks everyone for following along and rooting for us. Now time to catch up to the forum today.
You were awesome, my friend!

Congratulations Callaway for the win, you were steady over the 2 days. Hats off to all Team THP, you guys rocked it all week, just a great follow, pics, videos, highs and lows. You guys delivered the goods.

Thanks as well to Asst Cap Mike and JB for delivering an Experience unlike no other. The quality of the videos and pictures were amazing, it was like we were almost there.

Finally, thank you Callaway for the generosity, friendship, laughs, competition and just being the most gracious hosts. Y’all are First Class!

Back