The Official 2019 - 2020 NHL and Everything Hockey Thread

Actually not above .500 but seem to be getting close...

Mild have now won 4 straight. :)

Just got home from my first Bruins game in 25 years. I got to spend a nite with my oldest daughter.She turned 21 a few weeks ago but tonight she bought her first drink!
Bruins won 2-0 against Carolina.
Funny thing since I live in New england and there is a DD on every corner. All I wanted was a cup of coffee and I couldn't find one in the arena.

Yikes Toronto... where’d the offensive prowess go? Can we make a trade? Cici for the goal scoring?

Mild have now won 5 in a row..with some pretty horrendous goaltending. Stalock is really starting to look like Denis Lemieux more and more with some of the stinkers he lets in regularly.

Mild have now won 5 in a row..with some pretty horrendous goaltending. Stalock is really starting to look like Denis Lemieux more and more with some of the stinkers he lets in regularly.
Mild back from the dead. Please get your hopes up.

Meanwhile Avs have won 5 in a row and the Capt is back with a big goal in Montreal. The best line in hockey is now back healthy. Big test tomorrow in Boston. Hope we hang their first home regulation loss on them.

I still always crack up whenever "the Mild" is mentioned. Its just funny and doesn't get old especially after a couple of whiskeys...lol
Unlike the Mild who are getting very old.

Unlike the Mild who are getting very old.

And my NYRebuilders have become very young. Its a process i understand but I have to admit its hard to be patient.
And yet are tied with that other original 6 and Canadian team 1-1 at second int.

I still always crack up whenever "the Mild" is mentioned. Its just funny and doesn't get old especially after a couple of whiskeys...lol
Worst name in pro sports. And I have to root for the bloody club. :mad:

Worst name in pro sports. And I have to root for the bloody club. :mad:
honestly I hate all pro team names that are not an actual name of something. Like for example...the Heat, the Jaz....the wild,.....even the Suns, the avalanche., and whatever else, etc.....They are all stupid, sound stupid vs tings like the bears or the giants or whatever else...etc. Im just not a fan of that newer yet imo very stupid and dumb naming mindset.

honestly I hate all pro team names that are not an actual name of something. Like for example...the Heat, the Jaz....the wild,.....even the Suns, the avalanche., and whatever else, etc.....They are all stupid, sound stupid vs tings like the bears or the giants or whatever else...etc. Im just not a fan of that newer yet imo very stupid and dumb naming mindset.
Should have named them the "Northerners", with the old North Stars "N" at the beginning and Paul Bunyan as our maskot. Colors of the St. Paul flag. I think that would have been good. (IIf we weren't getting our rightful franchise name back)

Should have named them the "Northerners", with the old North Stars "N" at the beginning and Paul Bunyan as our maskot. Colors of the St. Paul flag. I think that would have been good. (IIf we weren't getting our rightful franchise name back)
I actually miss trhat old Min Northstars name. Kind of takes me back. To when madison square garden was less pretty but had wider seats and true blue seat fans...lol
But then again.....I love anything that brigs back time ....lol

Last edited:

How about the Fighting Saints. Although the WHA team of that named played in St. Paul in the Civic Center with the clear acrylic boards down to ice level.

How about the Fighting Saints. Although the WHA team of that named played in St. Paul in the Civic Center with the clear acrylic boards down to ice level.
Would have been cool with that too! Bruce Boudreau played for the Saints! Lol

I actually miss trhat old Min Northstars name. Kind of takes me back. To when madison square garden was less pretty but had wider seats and true blue seat fans...lol
But then again.....I love anything that brigs back time ....lol
Definitely.

Just got home from my first Bruins game in 25 years. I got to spend a nite with my oldest daughter.She turned 21 a few weeks ago but tonight she bought her first drink!
Bruins won 2-0 against Carolina.
Funny thing since I live in New england and there is a DD on every corner. All I wanted was a cup of coffee and I couldn't find one in the arena.
When I go up to NY with my wife, I’m amazed at all the DD and Stewart’s everywhere!

Carolina Hurricanes just posted this on their social media pages.
IMG_1306.JPG

Caps had a great west coast swing. Beating the Kings to no ones surprise, the Sharks, and the Ducks which was a hard fought 2 pts. Caps are playing good hockey right now

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Avs with strong win in Boston. Handing the B's their first home regulation loss. 3-0 road trip for 6th straight win.

Leafs win in Vancouver! What a game! Still some serious work to do, but the offence looks good!

Really sad that now whenever a coach gets fired, the idiot comments are just about "who's feelings got hurt now"........The talk is around hockey culture having issues, the same people say there's no issues, but then make comments like that. Like, oh man.

Wow, Nurse just tuned up some kid on the Wild real good, he shoulda been sent to concussion protocol but went to the box. Nurse full lawn mower and a couple solidly landed uppercuts. I think the kid mighta been flash out and back on the first real big punch.

Edit. Jordan Greenway. Wow, didn’t know him, but impressive resume for 22. Full season at 21 12-12-24 as a 6’6” 227 dman? And on pace to beat it? I’ll take 3, please. He’ll be OK, but he took a lickin.

Last edited:
Back