GraniteRoost

Flying Rocks
Albatross 2023 Club Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
6 Grint
There are probably a fair number of competitive personalities on here - do you participate in Racing of any sort? Triathalons? 5k? Alpine? Motorsports? Post your passion!

I used to race dirt bikes growing up, but my last race was my sophomore year of high school. I miss that adrenaline rush.

Thanks to @gkeller813 I’m doing a 1/2 marathon later this year

That is a fantastic commitment - go man go. I did the Covered Bridges half marathon in Quechee and Woodstock VT (very popular and scenic) with my wife about 10 years ago, its was fun.

I’ve been known to be a marathoner! I can’t say that I’m racing anyone other than my PB times.

I used to run races from 5k to Marathons and successfully completed three full marathons. Now I only run for fitness.

I’ve been known to be a marathoner! I can’t say that I’m racing anyone other than my PB times.

I enjoyed chatting about that with you at The Graphite Challenge - good times!

I raced bicycles up until a few years ago. I miss it but not the time it took to stay competitive.

I enjoyed chatting about that with you at The Graphite Challenge - good times!
That it was. I’m actually looking to get a entry in for a fall race.

There are probably a fair number of competitive personalities on here - do you participate in Racing of any sort? Triathalons? 5k? Alpine? Motorsports? Post your passion!
No chance. After I quit hockey, I lost almost all of my competitiveness.

Closest for me now is THP events and even in those I am terrible at being cut throat haha

When my almost 4 year old is with me on the golf course I let him hit his little wedge near the green and then he likes to race to see who can get the ball in the hole first. He usually wins but it takes about 50 putter strokes per hole for him and he runs all o we the place. But he is with me on the golf course and having fun and that is enough for now.

I used to race dirt bikes growing up, but my last race was my sophomore year of high school. I miss that adrenaline rush.

That. Is. Awesome.

I enjoy powersports racing, and built and piloted open wheel Formula SAE cars in college. I also raced mountain bikes after college, and the combination of the two led to dirt bike racing for me as a sport that combined skills of both. I've been into woods racing on and off for about 15 years, which followed downhill, endurance, and X-C mountain bike racing for about 5 years before that.

Two-wheeled racing is maybe the one thing I love even more than golf. Maybe.

I used to desert race in the SCORE series. I started out in class 7 trucks, moved on to 7s trucks and went on to class 10 buggies. i grew up around it and started driving competitively at 16. I got out of it at 23 when I started my career. Since then I've built and drove a few drag cars... mostly bracket racing.

When my almost 4 year old is with me on the golf course I let him hit his little wedge near the green and then he likes to race to see who can get the ball in the hole first. He usually wins but it takes about 50 putter strokes per hole for him and he runs all o we the place. But he is with me on the golf course and having fun and that is enough for now.

I was racing my almost 4 year old back up the front lawn sledding in the dark after dinner tonight. She won every time :love:

Fantastic share, thanks.

That. Is. Awesome.

I enjoy powersports racing, and built and piloted open wheel Formula SAE cars in college. I also raced mountain bikes after college, and the combination of the two led to dirt bike racing for me as a sport that combined skills of both. I've been into woods racing on and off for about 15 years, which followed downhill, endurance, and X-C mountain bike racing for about 5 years before that.

Two-wheeled racing is maybe the one thing I love even more than golf. Maybe.

i was racing a 125 when I stopped. Talk about an expensive sport.

my brother has two 450 4 stroke bike we take out from time to time at the track. It’s fun but man as I get older I find myself being too cautious

Raced cars in one form or another for going on 20 years. Build them, tune them, go beat the hell out of them. Haven't done it much in last 2 or 3 as new house, kids, work, golf take precedence.

I used to desert race in the SCORE series. I started out in class 7 trucks, moved on to 7s trucks and went on to class 10 buggies. i grew up around it and started driving competitively at 16. I got out of it at 23 when I started my career. Since then I've built and drove a few drag cars... mostly bracket racing.

Dang, that is cool. I'm a huge Kurt Caselli fan and am fascinated with desert racing although personally I would never do it on two wheels. Put me in a Trophy Truck or Buggy with a little more roll protection :unsure: I'm IN.

I have not played competitive sports for 5 years or more. Kids slowed that part of me way down. I did make a goal this year to do sprint triathlon, I have not done one of those in 10 years.

Dang, that is cool. I'm a huge Kurt Caselli fan and am fascinated with desert racing although personally I would never do it on two wheels. Put me in a Trophy Truck or Buggy with a little more roll protection :unsure: I'm IN.
The trophy trucks and class 1 buggies are off the hook! Unfortunately my crew and I didn't have the multimillion dollar budget to run those classes. Class 10 was fun though. 1650cc motor limit, unlimited suspension. The cars work well and kept up for the most part with the class 1 cars. We finished 1st in class and top 10 overall in a few races. Kind of lost my drive after a near death experience in Baja.

Actually anxious to get back into racing after a few years off from knee surgery. Used to do triathlons and running events. Would love to get in a few half marathons this year and get ready to do some half and full ironman's next year.

Thanks to @gkeller813 I’m doing a 1/2 marathon later this year
Have you signed up for one yet, thus when you fully commit!

I've run a handful of 5k's and one 1/2 marathon. It's been a few years, but the only running I do now involves pushing a stroller or racing around the house or backyard with my boys!

Have you signed up for one yet, thus when you fully commit!

I've run a handful of 5k's and one 1/2 marathon. It's been a few years, but the only running I do now involves pushing a stroller or racing around the house or backyard with my boys!

Looking at a few in April

That is a fantastic commitment - go man go. I did the Covered Bridges half marathon in Quechee and Woodstock VT (very popular and scenic) with my wife about 10 years ago, its was fun.

I never ran that race but I used to run a race in North Bennington that had a covered bridge on the course.

The trophy trucks and class 1 buggies are off the hook! Unfortunately my crew and I didn't have the multimillion dollar budget to run those classes. Class 10 was fun though. 1650cc motor limit, unlimited suspension. The cars work well and kept up for the most part with the class 1 cars. We finished 1st in class and top 10 overall in a few races. Kind of lost my drive after a near death experience in Baja.

I am impressed at the budget you must have incurred running SCORE in any class! 1650xx unlimited sounds like a blast. I have had a few orthopedic surgeries due to woods racing and at this point can't afford too many more. THP is nice though :)

Back