How Far Do You Hit Your Sand Wedge?

fairwaynut

Bettinardi Aficionado
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
SingleMalt
Since my CC fitting last month I've been hitting my reshafted irons at an indoor simulator trying to get use to them and trying to lock in the distances I'm hitting with them. All of a sudden with the Cobra Satin King's V 56* wedge that I had reshafted along with my z585i I'm hitting this wedge between 90-100 yds on the simulator. I have never even come close to hitting this wedge that far with the old steel shaft on it. This Cobra wedge is also used as my sand wedge. So it's got me wondering how far do you hit your sand wedge whatever degree it might be?

Since late teens it’s been my 105-106 club with a “normal” swing.

It used to be 85 but I am getting close to 78 years of age and it is now about 70 yards. Getting old has its advantages, but increasing yardage off the clubs is not one of them.

It used to be 85 but I am getting close to 78 years of age and it is now about 70 yards. Getting old has its advantages, but increasing yardage off the clubs is not one of them.

That's still pretty decent yardage, sir. I should hit it that far when I reach 78. :)

Last edited:
85 yards

56 degree has always been my 100 yard club w/ my normal swing. I can get another 5-7 yards out of it if needed.

Can hit? Or do?

I can hit mine 125. I however refuse to hit it on course more than 105. Anything longer is a partial PW or GW.

Usually a little too far or a little shorter than I was hoping for:(
I almost never swing any wedge full so I rarely try for more than 85 with my SW. There are a handful more yards (8-10) available on the range but I can't remember the last time I tried to squeeze them out on a course.

I dont hit it full swing ever. Always a partial swinger for me. The farthest out I would use it is 50.

From the green side bunker about 105!!!!
Normally for me that is a 60 yard club.

Can hit more, but it isn’t a 100% club. I use it for 85 +/- 5 yards.

My 54* is good for about 110 on a full swing. I can push it to 115 but I pull the hell out of it. I rarely use it with a full swing

My sand iron has such a curved leading edge onset in front of the shaft that I wouldn't try to hit it from the grass unless it was deep, tangly rough..
My low bounce 58, however, is good for about 85 yards with a controlled swing. It's more often used for soft shots, however.
Wanting to bag both is why I'd love a 15-club limit.

I prefer to keep SW (54*) right at 95-100, about 5-10 yards less than a normal "full swing". I'll stretch 105-110 every now and then, but then we are getting into ultra smooth GW territory, and those are my favorite. :love:

My 55 degree SW goes about 85 yards on a good strike.

75 yards with my 56 degree and 90 yards with the 52 degree. I can hit them farther, but usually just go to the next wedge if I need to hit it farther. I have 4 wedges

My 56° is about 95 -105 while doing full swings at the range but very seldom do I use it any further than 70 on the course.

My 56° is 85 to 90 yards with a normal swing. Anything longer is better played with a longer club.

I have gotten to where I rarely try to max out a sand wedge any more. I would say that my hit my 52 about 130 and my 58 110 if I tried to. Spin and launch get hard to control hitting these hit loft clubs that hard though.

My SW is bent to 55.

My comfortable distance is 100-105 for a normal swing.

I don’t full swing my wedges so I have no clue. I would guess somewhere between 75-100yds

Well, it sure is looking from what everybody is saying that I'm hitting the wedge yardage where I should be. :clapp:

My 56 deg is 96-98 yards. My 60 degree is 80-83 yards. Both on full swings.

I've switched to a different wedge setup this offseason, but when I was playing a 56* RTX 4 last year it was right at 105 on a good full swing. I could milk it for about 111, but accuracy suffers a bit. 95-102 was more ideal, but it left a big gap for the gap wedge to fill. That's part of why I switched to a 54*.

Back