Callaway MAVRIK Drivers

E68BF44A-A051-40D1-8612-F386F9514B3F.jpegEACAF6EF-6154-4E3E-9C6D-4B9BFF3895DE.jpeg

I am trying not to get excited about testing them Monday, but I am and I hope they have the pro irons to hit also.

I have been in the SZ heads since the XR16 and still love the TD, but new is new and maybe there is some magic to sneak out of the newest tech.

So first pic is WITH the 5g weight installed I guessing?

Youre welcome :)

Yes first is with the weight installed, but no adapter.
Second is just the weight.

Y’all need to hit this driver. It’s legit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Youre welcome :)

Yes first is with the weight installed, but no adapter.
Second is just the weight.

Perfect and thank you. (y) Just like I thought...Callaway standard models always seem to be right around 192 grams.

Y’all need to hit this driver. It’s legit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Love seeing you posting and swing a club again.

Wow. They're getting pretty light. I seem to remember the original Epic weighing in at 198

My original Epic was 193g. I take pictures of every driver head I own on a scale just so I have a historical reference (stupid I know).

Big Bertha V Series - 187
XR 16 - 190
Fusion - 192
Rogue - 192
Epic Flash - 192
Epic - 193

By contrast:
M3 - 198
M5 - 197
F9 - 197

Hit the 9* Max today with a Rogue 60 stiff. Great sound. Too much spin for me, 3300-3500. Will play with the SZ at some point.

why go from max straight to sz? wouldn't it make sense to go from max to standard before jumping all the way to sz?

thank goodness for additional weights and hotmelt. better to start lighter and work your way up. can always add weight, but can't really take it away.

why go from max straight to sz? wouldn't it make sense to go from max to standard before jumping all the way to sz?

OK. I can do that. I mentioned SZ, because that's what the fitter thought would work for me. I will end up hitting a lot of different heads and shafts before I decide to make a change.

OK. I can do that. I mentioned SZ, because that's what the fitter thought would work for me. I will end up hitting a lot of different heads and shafts before I decide to make a change.

i'd say at least give it a try. more forgiveness, the fastest head of the bunch, and should bring spin and launch down a bit vs the max.

My original Epic was 193g. I take pictures of every driver head I own on a scale just so I have a historical reference (stupid I know).

Big Bertha V Series - 187
XR 16 - 190
Fusion - 192
Rogue - 192
Epic Flash - 192
Epic - 193

By contrast:
M3 - 198
M5 - 197
F9 - 197
Ahh cool. Thank you. Memory is the first thing to go as you get older. ?

I attended a fitting day at our club today. I'm 69 years young with an average club head speed of 100, index 11.5. I've been playing the Flash Sub-Zero for a year and have enjoyed it.The fittings are free so I thought why not do it. During the fitting we tried the Mavrik Standard, Sub Zero and the Max.I don't remember the Standard numbers but it was eliminated quickly. The fitter (from Callaway) had me try the Ventus Red, the Ventus Blue and Atmos Tour Spec Blue 65s (which is my current shaft). The Sub Zero was crazy low spin at ~2100. With the Max we settled on my current shaft (the Atmos Tour Spec Blue 65s). During the fitting the fitter said more than once that he didn't think we could improve on my Sub Zero Flash. That was until we went to the shaft that I'm now playing. Final numbers were launch at 13-14 and spin at 2550 a +10 mph ball speed and +15 yards from my Flash Sub Zero. It confirms in my mind that you must get fit. We get 10% discount and I'm trading in my Flash Sub Zero (keeping my current shaft) and will swap the Evenflow(?) that comes at no up-charge. My pro was there observing and his comment was "It's a no brainer".

I attended a fitting day at our club today. I'm 69 years young with an average club head speed of 100, index 11.5. I've been playing the Flash Sub-Zero for a year and have enjoyed it.The fittings are free so I thought why not do it. During the fitting we tried the Mavrik Standard, Sub Zero and the Max.I don't remember the Standard numbers but it was eliminated quickly. The fitter (from Callaway) had me try the Ventus Red, the Ventus Blue and Atmos Tour Spec Blue 65s (which is my current shaft). The Sub Zero was crazy low spin at ~2100. With the Max we settled on my current shaft (the Atmos Tour Spec Blue 65s). During the fitting the fitter said more than once that he didn't think we could improve on my Sub Zero Flash. That was until we went to the shaft that I'm now playing. Final numbers were launch at 13-14 and spin at 2550 a +10 mph ball speed and +15 yards from my Flash Sub Zero. It confirms in my mind that you must get fit. We get 10% discount and I'm trading in my Flash Sub Zero (keeping my current shaft) and will swap the Evenflow(?) that comes at no up-charge. My pro was there observing and his comment was "It's a no brainer".

man that's a massive gain!!! very interesting to go with flash sz to the other end of the spectrum at the max, and see that kind of uptick in performance. sounds like that handicap will be dropping this year.

That's a nice bump in numbers! Hope it translates to on course performance for you!!

the best part about this is the Max isn’t high spin. i also like how you went through the process and got fit, because had you bought blind you would have done yourself a disservice

I
I play the Atmos Tour Spec 65S in the standard Rogue. I tried it against the standard Epic Flash in a head to head on my home course alternating the Atmos shaft between the two and felt for me the Rogue was a better fit. Interested in the standard or Max Mavrk. What did you prefer about the Max as compared to the standard. Havent had a chance to hit either yet and following this thread and all the great reviews i am really looking forward to it.

That is awesome to hear. Huge gains in ball speed and distance. Club and a half difference going into a green will be huge. Congrats!!!
GET FIT peeps.

I

I play the Atmos Tour Spec 65S in the standard Rogue. I tried it against the standard Epic Flash in a head to head on my home course alternating the Atmos shaft between the two and felt for me the Rogue was a better fit. Interested in the standard or Max Mavrk. What did you prefer about the Max as compared to the standard. Havent had a chance to hit either yet and following this thread and all the great reviews i am really looking forward to it.

I only hit 3-4 balls with the Standard before the fitter moved me to the Sub Zero. I suspect the spin was too high. After trying the Ventus shafts in the Sub Zero he had me hit the Max. After hitting the Max with the Ventus shafts we went the my current shaft (Atmos Blue Tour Spec). Then we tried the same shaft with the Sub Zero. Each driver was the 10.5 version. I tend to be high spin and lower launch with a driver and it was very evident the launch difference between the Sub Zero and the Max. From a visual perspective the Mavrik Sub Zero launched lowest, then my Flash Sub Zero and then the Mavrik Max. All were acceptable with the Max the best. Prior to the Flash Sub Zero I played the Epic standard.

I should add the sound of the Mavrik is not as obnoxious as the Flash. I don’t mind the sound of the Flash but the Mavrik just sound stronger to me.

man that's a massive gain!!! very interesting to go with flash sz to the other end of the spectrum at the max, and see that kind of uptick in performance. sounds like that handicap will be dropping this year.

I have to say it surprised me. I expected no change or minimal change from my Flash Sub Zero.

Back