How Many Putters Do You Rotate In A Golf Season?

fairwaynut

Bettinardi Aficionado
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
SingleMalt
Just wondering home many putters do you guys use in a given season mainly through rotating them. What exactly do you look for, a different feel, attitude or what else? Just asking because I know this will be the first year I've ever done it. ;)

Generally just one, unless I’m testing a new putter. (Doesn’t happen that often)

Last year I traded between 2 putters - TaylorMade Ghost Manta center shaft and Callaway Stroke Lab V-line center shaft. Sometimes just need a change and the Callaway is a little better on the faster summer greens.

Usually 2 or 3 because I still haven’t found my unicorn

I’ve heard of guys rotating depending on the course they’re playing or if there’s been a comp lately. Something about rolling quicker...

I’m hopeful to just stick with one putter this year.

I’ve heard of guys rotating depending on the course they’re playing or if there’s been a comp lately. Something about rolling quicker...

I’m hopeful to just stick with one putter this year.

I had something like that when I used to bowl all the time. There was this one tournament I used to bowl at every year and I had this one bowling ball that I could absolutely kill that house with. So every year that ball went with me to that tournament. I guess it applies to putters and golf courses also. ;)

I don't change putters for courses. Only one putter change last year. Upgraded to a Cameron and love it - game changer for me.

I have 3 currently. I’m trying to settle in and stick to one. Currently that is a Stroke Lab 1. To my eye it is my preference.

Out of the whole bag I love testing different putters more than anything. The weight, feel, sound, roll, balance, etc. is so different and so much fun to test out. It's one of my favorite things to do in golf. I've gone through anywhere from 3-12 putters in a season.

It’s been only one for awhile now. However I will have two bag setups until we officially move to Fl. So will be playing two putters.

I try to use only one but normally own two in case I feel like I've lost touch with the other. I don't usually put more than 2 in potential for rotation or else I get stuck in the "what if" mode.

For instance, I have my Scotty that has been working great for last couple and I haven't felt the need for another. Now I am getting the itch to pick up a Toulon just to keep the Scotty on its toes. :giggle:

I have two that I swap out if one goes a little cold but it’s primarily the Memphis.

Typically two for me. Mallet or the blade.

Despite having entirely too many putters (33 or so) I will stick to the same putter for the season unless I hit a really bad stretch of putting, three or four rounds of not feeling comfortable on the greens and I will consider a change.

Far too many and, unfortunately, it does me no good.

I hate messing with putters. I intend to stick with it for at least a season and try to stay in the same shape of some form.

I try and stick with one putter. Generally I won’t change unless I buy a new putter that I am rolling way better.

Played 1 for 10 years. Then joined thp. Played 4 last year alone. Plan to stick with 1 this year.

I have a huge, ugly, "buffalo vinyl," red, white, and blue Hogan staff bag stuffed with putters from my uncle's Spalding Cash In from the early 50s to the Evnroll that I bought a couple of seasons ago. And that's where they generally stay.

I stick to my Tad Moore Chicopee, not because I putt great with it but because I don't putt better with anything else.

Usually 2-3...might be up to 4 ?‍♂️

2-3 at most. I’m not as big of a ***** as some others lol

I stick with one putter. It’s a blade type putter but I am thinking a more face balanced putter may be better. People who switch, is it between similar putters or different designs?

10-12. I like to rotate through all I own. Switching putters doesn't affect me. Plus they're all rather similar so that helps.

I very rarely switch putters, once I find something that works I stick with it. I will play one just because once in awhile, but usually for one round and thats it.

Back