Bag matching clubs - Does yours have to?

No, I suppose. I carried a Titleist bag because of the colors for a couple years with no Titleist clubs or balls in it.

Mine does. Doesn’t have to. Just pick the color and straps I like the best and go from there 90% of the time it’s a sun mountain or TItleist bag

It matches a few of them. No.

Nah, i just search for a murdered out bag with a spacious beer pocket

My old bag was no name. It died and was replaced by a TM branded bag I got from a coworker when he upgraded to a different bag. It had my TM clubs in it. It is now my sons bag since he showed interest in golf. He has some tommy armour 845’s I picked up cheap.

My current bag I got on sale.its a bettinardi marked sun mountain. I doubt I’ll ever have a bettinardi. But I like the bag.

No...I carried a Ping Hoofer for years without a single Ping club. I just want the best bag.

For a while I had a Taylormade bag with a full set of Callaway clubs in it. I eventually replaced it with an Ogio.

Don't care about brand or color, just needs to fit well on the clicgear 3.5

If it’s branded, yes it has to match. It would bug the **** out of me. It’s why I prefer plain sun mountain bags. I have no problem admitting that.

I actually make it a point to not use a brand of bag that also makes clubs.

For probably the last 15 or more years it's been Sun Mountain, then Bennington, now Vessel.

Maybe it's a subconscious attempt to avoid mismatch or conflict, no idea.

It just... is.

I buy a bag that meets my needs for carrying my clubs and junk just like how I would pick out a club, ball, shoes, etc. I used to have a Callaway bag and, just so happened I had a lot of Callaway clubs. I needed a new bag and Callaway changed the 14 slot stand bag and I found an UnderArmor bag that suited me better. I do wear UA clothes occasionally (especially in the winter since their winter gear really works well), so does that count?

I am using a Sun Mountain Bag, so I guess my answer is no haha

Not required for me at all as I really like the ogio and sun mountain options for both carry and cart bags.

I like it to match, but it doesn’t have to.

My bag is currently from the same company the clubs are, but the brand is different. I'd likely keep the OGIO bag were I to switch club brands.

I carried all sorts of clubs in a Ping bag for years, so I don't think this is a requirement for me. As someone who carries a lot I'm just looking for a good bag.

I would like it to match, but typically it doesn't. Although I am still in the never ending search for my perfect bag. Just can't seem to find one that has everything I want, although the Alpha Convoy 514 RTC bag is close. I just wish they weren't so expensive.

IMO it’s an old school way of thinking, but, do any of you have to have a bag that matches your clubs when it comes to brand?

Nope. I'd actually prefer a bag with no OEM branding on it, but whatever works.

Nope...Taylormade bag, Callaway driver, TMAG 3 wood, Callaway irons, Cleveland wedges, TMAG putter....

I have a staff bag that matches my brand of irons.

However, it wasn't intentional. I had the irons long before the bag. The bag I won at a post tournament raffle.

I have another bag of irons that don't match up with each other. Just a generic black bag.

Not a big deal rather they match, or not.

Not at all...

If they are not paying me or providing me with equipment, then nope.

Just like my clubs, I pick the bag that works best for me whether it matches or not.

Cart bag has to have a 14 way divider. Walker would prefer 14 way but not deal breaker.

I've never bought an OEM bag, so FWIW.

I think the way I'd look at it would be that having something (even if a ball) from an OEM would be nice. If I had an OEM bag and had a club from that company when I got the bag, and subsequently moved on, that would be OK. But buying a OEM bag from the get go would at the very least give me pause.

The exception here for me is PING. The reason is that PING has always had uniquely designed bags with features exclusive to them.

If one of the other OEMs brought out a bag that had some unique or clever features not available elsewhere that I valued I wouldn't care. But too often they're just slight variations of models from SM or one of the other OEM-out bag companies and are really trying to appeal to those of us whose OCD demands that clubs, head covers, and bag to all match.

Here’s a glimpse into my insanity for you. I wouldn’t have a bag from a brand that also makes clubs unless my all my clubs were also that brand. Even then I’d prefer my bag not to be of the same brand because then I’d feel like I had to change if I change some clubs.

My bag is Under Armour. The previous one was a Burton. The next one I buy will probably also be from a brand that doesn’t make clubs.

Back