GolfTravelDude

Team Hackers Alumni
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Have you gone? Tell a story. Mine.....Way back when, when the Masters had corporate sponsors, I had a very good relationship with the Travelers. They were one of 4 corporate sponsors up to the Martha Burk situation....So I go with my Travelers sponsor and we along with two others walk the first 10 holes following some no name group so we wouldn't have to fight crowds....because what we wanted to see was the golf course, not the players. So come 10 green there is a grandstand set up to see 10 approach, green 11 tee green and 12 tee. Great spot. Along way Hal Sutton hits a shot into 10 that hits a foot away and just sticks there. That night at the Travelers reception....They had a receiving line made up of the Travelers executives and their sponsored player Hal Sutton and his wife and agent and wife...So I stand in front of Hal, shake his hand and say...That was one hell of a shot you hit into 10.....For the next 5 minutes, I kid you not, Hal describes the shot like it was you and me yaking about a shot....Well everyone in line is getting perturbed that I am taking so much of Hal's time...I nary said a word...Ha Then thru the event his wife, agent agent wife all make sure they come and visit and say Hi to me.....Ha

Only In my Dreams

The Masters. AHHHHHH.....

I have tickets for the Tuesday practice round so I’ll be able to give more details in late April.

Not yet, is on the bucket list though.

Been 3 times. Saw Cabrera in 2009 edge out Perry, Phil from the pin straw on 13 in 2010 & Scott edge out Day & Cabrera in 2013. Best tournament to attend hands down.

Nope, always put in and always disappointed.

been putting in for the last 8 years - so I’m sure there are others with more disappointment
I have a network of family who input for me....all told I'm 0 for about 40 Had the one chance to go via work.

Never been! It would be awesome, but not loosing sleep over it!

Went to the Women's Amateur last year and have tickets to the Drive, Chip, and Putt this year. It's a pretty cool place. It's almost opulent.

Went to the Women's Amateur last year and have tickets to the Drive, Chip, and Putt this year. It's a pretty cool place. It's almost opulent.

We are thinking of going to the Women's Am this year. I really want to see the course.

Did you enjoy it and would you recommend it? Is there plenty of Masters gear to buy?

Thanks!

a good friend was an executive in his business. one of his employees was from the area, and his family had tickets. he told my friend he could have two tickets of his allocation, so my friend invited me. between the time of the offer and the tournament date, my friend had to fire the employee. but the employee still honored his offer and we received the two tickets.

i’m a cpa, and the masters always falls during one of my busiest weeks of the year. but i said screw it, we’ll make it happen. we drove up to augusta from orlando on tuesday after work, and stayed just outside the city. we went to the wednesday practice round and had a sensational time, then drove back to orlando that night.

the day could not have been any more perfect. the weather was spectacular. we started at the range, then i wanted to take as many pictures behind tee boxes as possible to see what the players see.

my big takeaway was just how hilly the property is. i was exhausted by the end of the day. really gave me an appreciation for the fitness that the players and caddie are in.

i hope to go back someday. it was one of those rare experiences where the hype was far exceeded by the reality. it really is a phenomenally special place.

a good friend was an executive in his business. one of his employees was from the area, and his family had tickets. he told my friend he could have two tickets of his allocation, so my friend invited me. between the time of the offer and the tournament date, my friend had to fire the employee. but the employee still honored his offer and we received the two tickets.

i’m a cpa, and the masters always falls during one of my busiest weeks of the year. but i said screw it, we’ll make it happen. we drove up to augusta from orlando on tuesday after work, and stayed just outside the city. we went to the wednesday practice round and had a sensational time, then drove back to orlando that night.

the day could not have been any more perfect. the weather was spectacular. we started at the range, then i wanted to take as many pictures behind tee boxes as possible to see what the players see.

my big takeaway was just how hilly the property is. i was exhausted by the end of the day. really gave me an appreciation for the fitness that the players and caddie are in.

i hope to go back someday. it was one of those rare experiences where the hype was far exceeded by the reality. it really is a phenomenally special place.
Yes, TV just can't capture just how hilly the place is....#10 is 100 foot drop and 18 is near 100 foot uphill....

We are thinking of going to the Women's Am this year. I really want to see the course.

Did you enjoy it and would you recommend it? Is there plenty of Masters gear to buy?

Thanks!
I really enjoyed it, largely because it seemed there were more people there to watch golf and fewer people there to watch a specific golfer. If you wanted to meander and see the whole course, or sit in one place, it felt like you had a lot of freedom to do that without giant galleries.

And I don't know that there is an end to the Masters gear available.

I’ve been 4 times to practice rounds. One of the best pieces of mail I’ve ever opened was in the summer of 2012 when I received the letter informing me that I had been selected to buy 4 Wednesday practice round tickets. I was ecstatic. That day was beautiful. My wife and I (I sold the other 2 to defray the expense of the trip) did our pro shop excursion (ouch) early and stored it. We then walked the course until we found TW, Couples and, I think, Keegan on 11. We were even caught in the foreground of ESPN’s coverage of Tiger’s tee shot on 12.

The par 3 tournament was great even though we walked over to it right as it was starting and didn’t get the best viewing spot. This was the last year that Arnie, Gary and Jack played it together although we didn’t know it at the time. Seeing them on 8 and 9 was special. I remember my wife saying “I’m not a golf fan but I’m glad I am here. It’s an amazing moment.” (She has since become a fan but not a player). I still get goosebumps thinking about that day.

I got lucky and was selected to buy 4 tickets the Monday practice round in 2014. That morning, it was very misty and rain was probable. We got there, did our shopping, put our chairs down on 16 and walked from there backwards to and then the clubhouse. About that time, the weather alerts go up and, shortly thereafter, announcements to leave the property because severe weather was approaching. We waited forever a while in the parking lot but it was clear the weather wasn’t going to allow play . A little later, I got an email from the Masters telling me that because play was cancelled I would receive 4 tickets for a 2015 practice round.

In 2015, it rained and rained and rained. We watched but were soaked to the bone.

My wife gave me 2 practice round tickets for the 2017 tournament as a birthday present. We had about 3 hours on the course when the first wave of storms hit and the course evacuated. The course was reopened a couple of hours later but closed for the day about a half hour later.

Since then, no joy in Mudville on the ticket lottery. I’ve been incredibly fortunate to attend as I have. That course is amazing. The undulations and slopes on the greens are unbelievable. They are much more sloped than you can see on TV.

Went last year on a Wednesday and Thursday. Sitting under the pines on Wed at 16 watching the pros skip balls across the lake in a freshly bought Masters chair, sipping a $2 Blue Moon from a green cup: nothing else like it. Following Tiger for 13-17 on Thursday, just as good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have been fortunate enough to attend practice rounds on about 10 different occasions. My most memorable one would have to be the time that Mr. Arnold Palmer autographed my daily pairing book. I posted about it before, so I won't go into detail, but it was a fantastic experience.

Have been twice. A Monday practice round in 2011 and the Wednesday Par 3 in 2013.

Lived in Georgia almost my whole life. Dreamed of winning the Masters as a kid. Used to putt with Larry Mize at the little pitch and putt where we underprivileged kids learned. Applied for the tickets for 20+ years and haven’t won.

One day. I always promised my dad we would go, never made it happen...hope to take my son and / or daughter.

0-25 in the lottery, had a chance once at the last minute, with a place to stay, tickets for almost entire week but taking off work at last minute, at quarter end would have been job suicide. Hopefully in next few years before knees give out.

I’d love to know how they run the “lottery”. It must not be a random lottery because I won tickets this year for the 3rd time since 2006 and two of my buddies that attend with we have also won tickets in the last decade.

I would love to go. I do have to say that the secondary market for these tickets would be hard to pass up if I got picked.

Back