I didn't get to watch until the end.. was garappolo ineffective of their run game just that nasty tonight?

I mean just 8 attempts.. I would think the run game was just crushing the pack
They stacked the box against the run and the niners kept running for touchdowns. Kyle kept running the ball and it kept being effective so they just didn't pass. Garoppolo looked fine with the few attempts he made

8 pass attempts. That’s not nutty. That is certifiable !

Definitely no slight to the Chief's as they are an incredible team but I was hoping for a revenge game against the ravens!
That would have been nice but they go beat by a lesser team. Niners has a number of defense injuries. It’s all good. KC is a great team.

If both teams played like they did today it should be a good Super Bowl. I don’t have a dog in the fight but I might cheer for Andy Reid to finally get the trophy.

I love this SB matchup! As much as I want my Niners to win, I’ve always liked Andy Reid, coming from the Bill Walsh coaching tree, so if any other team has to win it, I’m glad it’s going to be us or the Chiefs

They threw a flag there because it was an illegal formation. Then there was also holding which drew a separate flag and, being the larger penalty, was the one enforced

i know, the post was meant as joke not as a serious post lol

I thought we would get a Baltimore/ SF rematch, but the Ravens laid an egg, literally. The SF/KC is intriguing because of the Joe Montana situation! I remember being so mad the Niners traded Montana, and wanting KC to win the Super Bowl that year. I like the way the Niners play on both sides of the ball, but I can’t root for them trading Joe Cool! Go chiefs!

I thought we would get a Baltimore/ SF rematch, but the Ravens laid an egg, literally. The SF/KC is intriguing because of the Joe Montana situation! I remember being so mad the Niners traded Montana, and wanting KC to win the Super Bowl that year. I like the way the Niners play on both sides of the ball, but I can’t root for them trading Joe Cool! Go chiefs!
You have to remember the whole story. What Walsh did rotating Young & Montana in and out of games starting in 88 was not right and frustrated both quarterbacks. I honestly believe the niners would have come back and won the 92 NFC championship if they had put Joe in but they stuck with Young and lost. After that season they offered Joe the starting job and to trade Steve Young but Montana said no. He wanted to be traded because the locker room was divided and he was mad at how the organization treated him. They've since patched it up and Joe has supported the niners ever since.

SB should be very interesting. I’m not sure there is a D in the league that can stop a healthy Mahomes and those weapons, but if there’s a team to do it it’s gonna be the Niners. I like Chiefs 34-27.

Find someone that looks at you the same way Clark Hunt looks at the Lamar Hunt trophy.

58ba4e3c48bebf007d90ff8f9c68c2bc.jpg

Chiefs should play from the beginning of the game as if they’re 10 points or more down. Looking forward to a good game between two deserving teams. And a Chiefs victory, I hope.

Moseratti is the new nick name on the sports talk radio here. :ROFLMAO: So happy for that guy. He had been cut 8 times by other teams.

Congrats to the Niners and Chiefs!! Those were both of my picks yesterday. Woohoo!!

Wife is a big Aaron Rogers fan and she decided to place a $100 wager with me before the game last night that he would get the job done. Asked if she wanted to conceded at half time and just gave me the stink eye. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Honestly pretty excited to see the super bowl this year, it's been fun to watch the excitement for the chiefs here in the midwest, but each franchise and rosters, along with the coaches have great story lines on both sides!

Drove by a little while ago. F4FF431E-97A0-443F-87FB-AC3564E70B4C.jpeg

A lot of folks like to knock on Andy Reid but I have so much respect for him. He has done his best to put over Eric Bieniemy.

Yesterday during his press conference he said that EB gave the team a speech that fired them up.

I just love this. He isn’t trying to keep him and hold him back. This guy is going to get a head coaching gig and he is going to be a great one.

A lot of folks like to knock on Andy Reid but I have so much respect for him. He has done his best to put over Eric Bieniemy.

Yesterday during his press conference he said that EB gave the team a speech that fired them up.

I just love this. He isn’t trying to keep him and hold him back. This guy is going to get a head coaching gig and he is going to be a great one.
I hope he ends up in the Chargers organization. I think him going back to his roots will be great.

Chiefs have lost 8 games with Mahomes as a starter by a total of 36 points. That's an average of 4.5 each. They are going to be in the game no matter what. Niners had some trouble containing mobile QB's so they can score too. The problem is the Chiefs run defense is porous as well so both teams ought to move the ball. If the Chiefs can get the Niners down their pass D is good enough to keep the Niners down so the only way I see a blowout is if the Chiefs get rolling early and force the Niners to start throwing the ball. Should be a great game and this is a great start to the post Patriots dynasty era IMO.

Chiefs have lost 8 games with Mahomes as a starter by a total of 36 points. That's an average of 4.5 each. They are going to be in the game no matter what. Niners had some trouble containing mobile QB's so they can score too. The problem is the Chiefs run defense is porous as well so both teams ought to move the ball. If the Chiefs can get the Niners down their pass D is good enough to keep the Niners down so the only way I see a blowout is if the Chiefs get rolling early and force the Niners to start throwing the ball. Should be a great game and this is a great start to the post Patriots dynasty era IMO.

The Chiefs so called terrible run D held the so called best RB in the league to 69 yards on 19 carries. That’s a 3.6 ypc avg. Not bad IMO and I’m doing my best to not show bias because I’m a Chiefs fan.

Two years ago in the Wild Card round, The Titans & Chiefs played in Arrowhead.

My Wife is a Titans fan, so we invited several friends over to the house to cook out & watch the game. @e1iterate was one of the people that came over and watched the game.

All starts off well for the Chiefs, as they take a 21-3 at the Half. In the 2nd Half, everything that could go wrong for the Chiefs, did. The Titans come storming back and score 19 unanswered and took a 22-21 lead.

With 2 minutes left, it appeared that Derek Henry had fumbled, and returned for a TD by the Chiefs. This was overturned via Instant Replay. @e1iterate was incensed, he jumped up... Stormed out of my house, ripped the Coach’s Polo he was wearing off Hulk Hogan style.

He didn’t say a word, and squealed his truck tires pulling out of my driveway... This was the day #RiggedNFL was born.
No, it was a sack/fumble by Derrick Johnson on Mariotta. Justin Houston scooped up the ball and scored but Jeff Triplette called the play dead because his forward progress had been stopped. There was no replay. It was complete BS.

Doesn't matter now. That was just one of many playoff heartbreaks that made yesterday's win that much sweeter.

The Chiefs so called terrible run D held the so called best RB in the league to 69 yards on 19 carries. That’s a 3.6 ypc avg. Not bad IMO and I’m doing my best to not show bias because I’m a Chiefs fan.
Porous not terrible ?. They have given up some big rushing totals over the year. They were 25th in the league during the regular season despite putting teams in passing situations a lot. They also gave up 188 to Henry during the season. I think the Chiefs will win, but that's the chink in their armour.

Porous not terrible . They have given up some big rushing totals over the year. They were 25th in the league during the regular season despite putting teams in passing situations a lot. They also gave up 188 to Henry during the season. I think the Chiefs will win, but that's the chink in their armour.

Everyone is clamoring about the 49ers D too and I agree, it’s a great one, but if we’re going off reg season stats the 49ers D gave up 310 points during the reg season. The Chiefs D gave up 308.

No one would have guessed that.

It’s going to be an exciting Super Bowl. I just can’t believe that I’m here for it!

Everyone is clamoring about the 49ers D too and I agree, it’s a great one, but if we’re going off reg season stats the 49ers D gave up 310 points during the reg season. The Chiefs D gave up 308.

No one would have guessed that.

It’s going to be an exciting Super Bowl. I just can’t believe that I’m here for it!
I agree, Niners struggled against Russ, Lamar Jackson, and Drew Brees. I think Mahomes will give them all they want. If it makes you feel better I went Mahomes, Hill, and Watkins on DraftKings yesterday and did not pick Henry so I wasn't looking for him to have a big game yesterday.

Back