What Percentage of the Time do you Walk for 18 Holes?

Only time I don’t walk is when playing 36 in one day, typically a buddies trip or course out of town. Home course, walk 100% of the time.

I walk & carry at least 90% of my 18 hole rounds. The 9 holes I play during the week, I typically ride to get them in but I always score better walking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pretty close to 0% for me.

90%. I even walk while my weekly playing partner is riding. The goal is to never let a bad round of golf ruin a nice walk through the woods.

I walk about 75% of the time

80% of the time - I only ride in scrambles at the home course every other round is walking there.

When I travel I may ride, but I really don’t like being in such close proximity to people ??‍♂️ :)

I thought you enjoyed the ride at the Morgan Cup on Sunday singles. I guess I misinterpreted. :ROFLMAO:

<1%

0%. When I retire, I’d like to walk more but right now it’s a dash from work to get as many holes as I can get in before it gets dark. Weekends I’m playing and most likely drinking with my buddies and can’t let exercise get in the way of that lol

Besides I get enough walking in everyday walking my dogs as it is

Probably 75% of the time. I try to walk as much as possible.

When allowed to walk about 75% of time. In total about 50%....Just can't walk many times as not allowed to.

90+% of the time

If the course allows it, probably 90% of the time. But my total is probably closer to 70% since a lot of the courses around here won't let you walk, especially on weekends.

I would say at my home course almost 95% of the time. The only time I don't is if it's bad weather or my kids are with.

Even at other courses it's probably 75% of the time. I've really grown to like walking during the round and it seems to keep my back loose.

Maybe 30%. I will ride if the round is social and others prefer it, or if the course in long and hilly, which also tends to happen a lot.

Probably less then 10%. Mostly just because I practice a lot when I play most of the time and walking when you hit some shots 4-5 times is no fun. I do walk some in the colder months just because it helps keep my body temperature up and stay loose.

The last several times I played I rode... my golf buddy had issues walking. He moved away and retired. I bought a push cart recently. I need the exercise.

95% of the time . Do not mind the carts but most courses here are easily walked so I enjoy the exercise

I walk about 95% of the time - the other times, carts are mandated. I intend to walk as long as I can. It's part of my fitness plan for my golden years.

At my current home course, 100% of the time. It's usually so slow there's no advantage to riding. In a couple months, I expect to either be moving cities or to a new nicer home course. I'll probably ride the first couple times through to a feel for the layout and then walk for the rest of the time.

I would guess that I walk around 90% of my rounds. I almost always prefer to walk and play better when walking.

I’d guess about 99% of the time

My wife and I take a cart always, but we also walk every other hole. I take the odd holes and she takes the even holes. We had always walked until we hit our late 60's.

Back