Review Breakthrough Golf Technology Stability Tour Putter Shaft Review

I am guessing you two know each other and there is a fair bit of sarcasm in this.
We know each other, absolutely. When it comes to putters, @Jman is as knowledgeable as they come so if he says it, I believe it.

Bumping this per a PM with some questions, I know some might have missed it so it makes sense to give it a little nudge!

Well it's not the new Tour version but I did just order the original version and I'm going to install it on a custom Bettinardi QB8. I've never been quite happy with believe it or not...the shaft in that putter. Something just doesn't feel right about it so I decided to bite the bullet and give one of these a try. Opted for the original version over the new Tour version simply because of the color LOL. The Betti has light blue paint on it. Plus that putter has always felt quite head heavy to me so I figured the original version might counter that feeling. If I end up liking the end result I think I may grab a new Tour version and shaft up something different...probably one of my Fastbacks.

Well after installing 6 original version Stability Shafts in my putters I decided to get a Tour version for my Scotty Cameron Global Limited Fastback. Just finished up the installation and boy does it look good. Rolled a few putts and it feels good. Will have to see if I notice a difference between the Tour and the Original but either way BGT has got a happy customer. These shafts are awesome.

Well after installing 6 original version Stability Shafts in my putters I decided to get a Tour version for my Scotty Cameron Global Limited Fastback. Just finished up the installation and boy does it look good. Rolled a few putts and it feels good. Will have to see if I notice a difference between the Tour and the Original but either way BGT has got a happy customer. These shafts are awesome.
I’ll be surprised if you notice any real difference feel wise, was super similar for me, but imo the look is way better, and that’s the main reason they created the tour. Looking forward to what you think!!!

Because I wanted something to tinker with, I picked up a Columbus Toulon with the magnificent h3 hosel and ordered a BGT stability tour shaft with them doing the install. I sent out the putter and grip Tuesday via priority mail so it should have arrived yesterday. I figured 1-2 weeks turnaround time.... boy was I wrong. Got a notification today that is was shipped out via fedex 2 day and it shows an ETA of Monday. Damn that is fast!

Will update my thoughts when I get it in hand, won't be a direct comparison to stroke lab as I don't have the same model, but fun to roll it anyway.

Y
Because I wanted something to tinker with, I picked up a Columbus Toulon with the magnificent h3 hosel and ordered a BGT stability tour shaft with them doing the install. I sent out the putter and grip Tuesday via priority mail so it should have arrived yesterday. I figured 1-2 weeks turnaround time.... boy was I wrong. Got a notification today that is was shipped out via fedex 2 day and it shows an ETA of Monday. Damn that is fast!

Will update my thoughts when I get it in hand, won't be a direct comparison to stroke lab as I don't have the same model, but fun to roll it anyway.
yeah, they don’t mess around. They usually get it back out same say which is impressive.

Im curious to hear your thoughts.

It's super easy to install those shafts so if they did do 1-2 weeks that would be ridiculous! I've done 8 of them now on my own...not sure I want another putter without one to be honest. I love them.

Nice review and interesting shaft. It's not designed for me. I'm happy with something off the shelf. Or custom. Or , ok, I'm happy with anything.:)

I hadn't used it in a while as I was trying out a couple other graphite shafts and put this in play Saturday. 27 putts (and I think it could be counted as 25 or 26 since I hit a several from off the green and only adjusted 1 or 2 to chips in Arccos) and really loved putting with this thing.

My one caveat is I had to really add a lot of head weight to get this to feel right in my hands. Have it in a Columbus toulon with a 40g weight in the sole then added another 14g of weight to it to feel good. That is going to be subjective but going to keep this in the bag for a while with this setup.

Funny you bump this...

86D6C18A-074E-4535-94B7-C75FD70354A0.jpeg

In lieu of the LAGP putter shafts, I find myself tempted to get another of these for the incoming Burns.

This one product, while I have never used, I just don't buy into. It's like Vodka. It's colorless and odorless, yet people think there's a difference. I just don't think there's a measurable advantage to gain by putting this in play.

This one product, while I have never used, I just don't buy into. It's like Vodka. It's colorless and odorless, yet people think there's a difference. I just don't think there's a measurable advantage to gain by putting this in play.

What if the difference is mental?

I am a believer in putter shafts to an extent, but am glad there are multiple ways to skin the cat so to speak.

What if the difference is mental?

I am a believer in putter shafts to an extent, but am glad there are multiple ways to skin the cat so to speak.

For sure. If you pay $249 for something, you are building in $249 of confidence in your putter. ABSOLUTELY makes a difference. Even with forward roll face technology (which I fully believe in as long as it feels good), you can adjust to the 3-4" of "skip" with a traditional milled face. It just depends on whether or not you can adjust.

Reactions: JB
I think you need to give one a go. Its something that can't truly be described to someone (like I've mentioned in both reviews), but results don't lie, mental or not.

Love the looks of the Tour installed. It is very stable from just rolling in my basement. I am getting it on the greens tomorrow.

I think you need to give one a go. Its something that can't truly be described to someone (like I've mentioned in both reviews), but results don't lie, mental or not.

I just REALLY like my putter as it is though. I have plenty of really nice grips I can replace the original Method with but honestly I don’t want to mess w/it.

I went to a practice green at lunch today that is usually Very speedy and replicates the greens on the course well. I have to say that my lag putting was much better with the BGT. I had my SL Rossi in a head to head and I was much more consistent with the BGT shaft. Still honeymoon I realize but I just seemed to be rolling it better. They didn’t feel too different, I just seemed more comfortable with the BGT today.

Played 9 holes today with my Bettinardi with the Tour. I do feel comfortable with this already and had a very good day on the greens. It Is not a cure all, but I am pleased with my investment. I know the price tag seems steep but I was already looking at other putters and would have spent more than what I have here. Maybe it’s 🐍 oil, but I just bought a bottle of it.

I am highly sensitive regarding feel in my clubs.

So about where is the cut off regarding when to install the original vs the new lighter version? For example anything over 370 grams, the original is fine but if your putter club head is lower than say 365 grams in weight the new one might be better?

I know it's different with everyone but I thought I would ask those of you that may have tested. Appreciate any feedback.

I am loving this setup of the Bettinardi and the BGT Tour shaft. I am putting better than I ever have and i attribute most of it to my confidence with the shaft/head combo. I have been using it for about 3 weeks and Won’t be changing this year or next at this point.

Installing this one onto my Olson. I’ve got a hunch, and I think it could be a lot of fun.

72CAAA2A-BF24-4A6C-9115-E353FF5E5E6E.jpeg1B6B5F3E-D898-4812-8334-B8759EC926EF.jpegA375418B-5168-401D-8856-55264759D77D.jpeg27D849C8-89BD-4DCA-9376-6B8822C3C057.jpeg

This setup is freaking MEAN.

Back