Scotty Cameron Special Select Putters

I stopped into the local shop to see if they had one, they did not have the Delmar but had the 1.5 fastback. Rolled a few with that one and it felt good but too similar in toe hang to the Atlanta I have.

I will have to make a trip to the big city to get one in hand I believe.
I'm eager to roll these as well, to see how the feedback has altered from the deep mill and then insert of their last couple releases.

It felt good, not as soft as the Atlanta to me but not bad at all. The putting green was all of 8 ft long so really could not get much of a stroke on it.

Funny thing was I took 6 putts and holed them all, never fails in the store....

The local PGATour Superstore doesn't have any 33 inch Scotty's to try. Of course, they have very few 33 inch putters from other mfgs too.

I finally got around to checking these out. I have to say all it took was one putt with the NP2. I love it. I'm not going to buy the OTR, and frankly I've got some other putters on my mind before I grab a tour version, but the new milling is fantastic, and I can't wait to use it again.

Much like @Canadan, I absolutely hate the grip, and that would be the first thing to go.

The putter also has such a unique sound. Its like firing a bullet through a 55 gallon tub of butter.

I wonder if there will be any MOTOs at the gallery next week...that would be a happy medium. I'll report back.

I finally got around to checking these out. I have to say all it took was one putt with the NP2. I love it. I'm not going to buy the OTR, and frankly I've got some other putters on my mind before I grab a tour version, but the new milling is fantastic, and I can't wait to use it again.

Much like @Canadan, I absolutely hate the grip, and that would be the first thing to go.

The putter also has such a unique sound. Its like firing a bullet through a 55 gallon tub of butter.

I wonder if there will be any MOTOs at the gallery next week...that would be a happy medium. I'll report back.
bullet through a gallon of butter hahahaha wtf

Not sure if it is just in my head that I need a full toe hang putter to do well (per my fitting) but next week I will find a Delmar to roll and possibly purchase. I love the look and feel of the Custom Atlanta I have and will not part with it, but it is time to try something else.

You are right. A retailer told me today “So the Select comes out. Strips away all of the tech and “innovation” that has been touted for 2 years and sells them for the same price. Now that is brilliant”.

Scotty has understood marketing for a long time.

I’d have one if they’d make a black finish again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rolled them today, all the rounded ones that is. Delmar, 1.5 and another one. Frankly I was pretty disapointed in the feel, very hard to me and I guess that was intentional by Scotty.

The Delmar was the best of them for me but still lost out to a Bettinardi Queen B#9, at least for the time being. If it does not work on real grass the scotty or Swag might get another chance.

It was telling that the guy handed me a Wilson something or another but the exact same shape as the Delmar and it was really just as good or maybe even felt better for $99.

That would have been the smart purchase to try out the almost full toe hang but I have never been accused of being smart and it had a weird big SS clone grip on it.

So I went back and got the Delmar and played this morning with it, it was very good on real grass and I made a few putts once I finally got on a green which was a challenge this morning.

It is definitely clicky with both the 2020 X and RX balls, but it got the ball rolling very quickly. Distance control was a bit different from my Atlanta and it will take a few rounds to figure it out, but my 1st impression was positive at least.

I've rolled these a couple times now and have come away pretty impressed with the feedback they provide.

A definite improvement over the last couples lines, from my preference perspective.

I've rolled these a couple times now and have come away pretty impressed with the feedback they provide.

A definite improvement over the last couples lines, from my preference perspective.
This is interesting. Any reason why? I know the scotty story is typically focused on the hand crafted / artisan aspect versus being packed with tech. Any specific reason for the improvement in feel / feedback

This is interesting. Any reason why? I know the scotty story is typically focused on the hand crafted / artisan aspect versus being packed with tech. Any specific reason for the improvement in feel / feedback
the shallower the milling, the more I like it, especially from a Scotty perspective.

Other companies use slightly different metals which can impact my preference, but for Scotty, I'm definitely a shallow mill guy.

Serious ponder on the Flowback 5.5. Have some PayPal money burning a hole in my virtual pocket and 2 clubs that I can trade in to make up the difference on it. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Hello Scotty... SS Newport 2
d6f963aa71f847d4b71cf686189ddc74.jpg
40de02f792b36f81840b66044aca7a40.jpg

The grip is an absolute joke. For $400 he certainly uses the cheapest grip out....Ive never been a big Scotty fan and honestly just dont like the feel of Scotty putters the past 6+ years or so

With that being said ive been very impressed with the new line and picked up the Squareback 2 yesterday. The Newport 2, 2.5, and Squareback 2 all felt pretty good. Mid-blades have worked much better for me although I prefer the look of the 2.5 better. Put a new grip on right away and will have to see if it wins the spot in the bag this year

Just picked up my Flowback 5.5. :love::love:

Was taking awhile from shop I ordered from, they inquired and it was back ordered from Scotty. They ended up doing a custom order for it. I don't know enough about them, but they made it a point to tell me it has the handwritten custom label on it.

06E1FA7A-07F0-4729-ADF5-8AE418CB70C4.jpeg
7ECFEAA6-C5D7-43FD-BC18-51AB57547F83.jpeg
9FA96A3D-1AD3-465F-9BB1-57890FD151CD.jpeg

Just love the sound of the ball off the face of my Flowback. Got some strokes in last night on my birdie ball mat. (y)

Back