DufferToo

101 Putters and Holding
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Putters
The 2020 golf season is fast approaching and I wanted to have a place for us to talk about our various leagues, the courses played as well as posting our results. Basically a continuation of the 2019 thread. ;)

Our first league tournament is on the 18th. We're a "traveling" league that has a tournament each month. We are also part of a statewide group so there are qualifying rounds for State championship in both individual and as a team.

I'm looking forward to hearing everyone's progress throughout the season.

I think I'm going to drop out of my League this season. With a really young family and some changes at work it's getting too difficult to play after work or cut out a little early.

I will be part of our clubs league team again for another year but if I continue to improve the way I have been then it could be the last year as you have to have a handicap between 8 and 15 to be eligible

I think I'm going to drop out of my League this season. With a really young family and some changes at work it's getting too difficult to play after work or cut out a little early.
The league I play in is actually through my wife's work. I can't cut out early from work so I'm only doing the league's once a month Saturday tournament. My wife's schedule on the other hand is more flexible and she plays in the Wednesday twilight.
I will be part of our clubs league team again for another year but if I continue to improve the way I have been then it could be the last year as you have to have a handicap between 8 and 15 to be eligible
Sub 8 handicap. A first world problem. :D Just giving you a bad time. Congratulations on the improvement! IIRC you and Will were the 2 to beat during your summer get-together.

Just finished my 5th league round of the year, the league has had 8 tournaments so far this year. Shot my best round of the year so far with an 83 but I felt I left so much out there (15 putts on front and 23 on back!!!!). I started on a 9 hole bogey train then went par, birdie, bogey, birdie. Was able to win $76 in skins with one of my birdies so that worked out well.

So far this year (mix of net and Quota). Southern Dunes - 84 T-10; Longbow - 85 T-6; Papago - 92 T-40; Whirlwind Cattail - 87 T-40; Legacy - 83 T-20.

I have won $115 from the prize fund (finish in flights) and $154 in skins money.

As we approach league season... Some closer than others. What are ways to keep a long running league "fresh"

I would love to join some type of league but I’m just learning the southern Connecticut area. Maybe 2021, I’ll do something more formal but for now, I’m just aiming to play some new courses not too far (Bethpage, Yale, Ferry Point)

As we approach league season... Some closer than others. What are ways to keep a long running league "fresh"
Interested in hearing the ideas that other leagues have used.

Our league has monthly tournaments January - November. We play at a different course each month. Starting with a couple of muni courses in case the weather is poor (nobody feels bad missing them) and the rest being semi-private courses. At the end of the year we vote on which courses we want to play the following year.

I can’t wait for the golf season and league to start. It will be the first part of April and I just dropped off my registration form today.

Alrighty, started my Golf League season last night with a Win on Strokes, Holes and won the pool for Low Net.
Played really well and was never stressed. Lowered my HDCP by 1 stroke.

Our first league event is done and I got off to a good start. Shot 40/40 80 at Ledgeview to eek out a win by 0.1 net strokes. The birdie I made on the last hole was the difference between 1st and 4th.
My cap is higher than it should be after riding the struggle bus hard last year, but I'll take it.

Our golf league has been cancelled. The course graciously offered us the following options if we wished to continue playing there. Note: We've been playing there for about 7 years, providing them with a guaranteed 48-60 golfers once per week from April through October.
If we wished to play this year, the rate, for non golf course members, would be increased by $13 per round, and we'd have to accept a 6:00 am shotgun start. We declined.

I compete in a 16 event regional travel league each season. All of our April and May events were rescheduled to later dates. Our first event went as originally scheduled on June 1st. It was one I didn't sign up for originally because we were supposed to be up in Maine this week. Covid screwed that all up and event was full so I couldn't join late. My 1st event will be next monday up near Lake of the Ozarks. I think I'm in 12 of the remaining 15 events. Several courses I've never played before, including next week's.

League starts tonight and found out due to inclusiveness (work league) its scramble format. Should be a fun time none-the-less!

League final today.
Managed to win low gross for the season, and came 2nd low net. Also made the match play finals, but we haven't played it yet.
20200829_185821.jpg

Congrats Army:drinks: Hope you DOMINATE in matchplay too!

Maybe something I’ll look into for next year. They canceled the midweek afternoon league this year.

My team one our night league on Tuesday night. Golf for free next year as first prize.

My team @snafu and myself Managed to not come in last!!! We actually managed to finish middle of the pack.
It seemed we never had a good week at the same time. But had fun and its nice to play competitive golf!

Congrats Army:drinks: Hope you DOMINATE in matchplay too!

Thanks! I'm playing a guy who's improved a ton this year but still get's a lot of strokes. Match Play caps were locked in at beginning of season.
I'm up against it, but anything is possible.

Back