First Look: Titleist T400 Irons

Well done @ddec

Now, lets just link this to the loft thread, eh?

And you nailed it, this isn't your daddy's Titleist anymore.

I imagine that one day they will simply label the Irons 1 thru 12. With 10 to 15 yard gaps.

No confusion. Buy 1 thru 9. Or 5 thru 12.

The One Iron around 14 degrees. The 12 around 64 degrees?

It really is not important.

I like the look of the Hollow Body :titleist:T400.

I Can add it to my Hollow Body Collection. :mizuno: HMB'S and :KZG:HB-516 ?

Something I forgot to mention on my previous post is that I think that Titleist is going after a certain market with these irons, some in here might find them to be the ones, but most probably would not. At THP we always say "it's all about the choices", Titleist is just filling out their product line.

Classic looks from Titleist. I know many will have plenty to say about the lofts, but IMO if it makes the game more enjoyable who cares.

Classic looks from Titleist. I know many will have plenty to say about the lofts, but IMO if it makes the game more enjoyable who cares.

I think it’s a really solid release from them. Definitely more in my wheelhouse than most of their other offerings. Someone that loves the ‘classic’ look or just loves Titleist that needs some help will no doubt love these.

I think it’s a really solid release from them. Definitely more in my wheelhouse than most of their other offerings. Someone that loves the ‘classic’ look or just loves Titleist that needs some help will no doubt love these.

Exactly, they saw a market they had not traditionally played in and now have an offering to compare if you choose.

Exactly, they saw a market they had not traditionally played in and now have an offering to compare if you choose.

I think that should really be the lead story here, but it’s going to get buried in the loft jacking argument. Titleist is stepping outside their usual, and doing it in a good way. That’s got to be something interesting about the golf market as a whole..

I know a few of their fitters who have been wanting this release for a long time. The T300/Ap1 was a solid offering, but really think this makes possibly the strongest (no pun) iron lineups in the industry.

I know a few of their fitters who have been wanting this release for a long time. The T300/Ap1 was a solid offering, but really think this makes possibly the strongest (no pun) iron lineups in the industry.
I’d agree for sure. It seems like they’ve really got something for everyone with this release.

You definitely can see the new utility iron, CNCPT, and C6 iron influence in these irons.

I had a feeling this was coming from Titleist. With the Concept irons, the VG3 (sold in Japan) they decided to give everyone an option. Titleist is following the times & moving away from the stigma that you had to be a better player to play Titleist. It just seems to be a natural progression for them.
I will hit them but these won't be in my bag anytime soon.

I had a feeling this was coming from Titleist. With the Concept irons, the VG3 (sold in Japan) they decided to give everyone an option. Titleist is following the times & moving away from the stigma that you had to be a better player to play Titleist. It just seems to be a natural progression for them.
I will hit them but these won't be in my bag anytime soon.

I think they have 10 sets of irons in their lineup currently. Now that is different.

I think they have 10 sets of irons in their lineup currently. Now that is different.

Remember just a couple of years ago, the Titleist homers on a pedestal ripping on Callaway and TM for too many releases :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Remember just a couple of years ago, the Titleist homers on a pedestal ripping on Callaway and TM for too many releases :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I love it. More choices for people make me happy.

I love it. More choices for people make me happy.
For sure. There are so many irons being released this year that you can't just go to a Titleist Thursday anymore. You need to try All the OEM's releases. This is where people would usually stray away from Titleist in years passed. Now there is a selection for every type of golfer. And we know how golfers like options. (y)

Since I'm in the market for new irons this year, I thought that these would be something to look, note I only saw the spy pics. When I saw the whole club, sole and all, no way could I game these, at least not with a straight face. Just waaayyyy too much sole, and offset. Now about those lofts....I kid!

F134347F-47E5-463A-8A68-4C37E7D88D88.jpeg

Would love to hit these Irons - Can't wait for Titleist Thursday Event around here.

Last edited:
They look like the Utility irons with a cavity back! Good looking irons!

The T400 iron is a very pretty iron with the look of a lot of muscle behind the club. Seems you could hit virtually anywhere on the face and still get good flight and distance. I actually like the looks of the thicker clubs being made by some manufacturers.

@JB can I get a profile pic of how wide the sole is? Please:)

Back