#3 NC State vs #8 UNC- Wrestling

Thrillbilly Jim

No Diddy! No Doubt!
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
A Lotter
Tonight #3 NC State takes on #8 UNC at Reynolds Coliseum! This is probably the biggest wrestling match in the history of the ACC. Should be way more interesting than the basketball game on Saturday!

Awesome! Having wrestled in college and wrestled in the NCAA tourn when it was held at UNC, this is awesome.

I believe it was 1994, my junior year.

1993 was in Iowa I think

NC State pulls out a 19-14 win!

NC State pulls out a 19-14 win!
NC state was a beast when I went to school. They had a national champ at heavyweight that was a beast Sylvester Terkay won it 1993. Great guy off the Mat too.

He’s actually why I didn’t go there, when they recruited me, I didn’t want to sit behind him for two years. In hindsight probably would of been the best thing I could of done wrestling wise.

ESPN/ACC Network

No rest for the weary. #7 Virginia Tech visits #3 NC State in Reynolds Coliseum tonight.

It’s also Nick Gwiazdowski bobble head night!

State knocked off its third straight top 10 opponent to clinch a share of the ACC regular season title for the third straight year. They can win it outright by beating Duke next week.

Last edited:
I've not followed as close as I usually do.. Need to get caught up on some of the bigger matches

State knocked off its third straight top 10 opponent to clinch a share of the ACC regular season title for the third straight year. They can win it outright by beating Duke next week.
Gardner-Webb beat Duke, so I wouldn't worry much about that!

Penn State laying out Ohio State tonight.....

Back