Project X Even Flow Riptide Shaft

I'm kind of kicking myself for not ordering this shaft in my Mavrik 3 wood. Hitting it in the driver left an impression on me and that's not something that happens with shafts very often.

Not sure if it’d help or be the right fit, but I can send you the 60r with Callaway Optifit to test.
Very generous! Let me make sure I can't get my hands on one locally first and if I can't I will certainly reach out. Thank you!!

I'm kind of kicking myself for not ordering this shaft in my Mavrik 3 wood. Hitting it in the driver left an impression on me and that's not something that happens with shafts very often.

What did you order in your Mavrik 3W? I have one with a Riptide that I'd be open to trading.

What did you order in your Mavrik 3W? I have one with a Riptide that I'd be open to trading.
I got mine with the Mitsubishi KuroKage black Tini 50. I've played that shaft in my fairway woods for quite some time and ordered it before trying the Riptide.

I got mine with the Mitsubishi KuroKage black Tini 50. I've played that shaft in my fairway woods for quite some time and ordered it before trying the Riptide.

That's a little different range than I'd be looking at.

70g 6.5 in the Mav Max 3+ is fiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiilthy.

At the Golf Show here in CLE this part weekend, I hit the 5.5 50g shaft in the STD MAVRIK.
Once I figured out the temp for this, I was really impressed.
I have the tendency to swing out of my shoes, so I could never play this full time, but I think highly of these.

My 60g 6.0 was just delivered in my MAVRIK today. I just need winter to end.

I want the hybrid shaft to test out, dammit.

I’m new to the forum and wanted to see if anyone has had a chance to test out the Riptide CB?

I’m new to the forum and wanted to see if anyone has had a chance to test out the Riptide CB?
This is the one I'm most interested in as well

Spent 2 hours today with all 3 Mavrik heads and about 7 shafts. 50g Stiff in Standard Mavrik head was clear cut winner. Combo picked up 4-5 MPH ball speed over my Flash. Order placed tonight. Come on UPS !!!

This is the one I'm most interested in as well
There has been a lot of feedback on here reference the non CB riptide...no love for the blue. If I get a chance to take it for a test drive at fiddlers this weekend, I’ll post some feedback. Thanks!

There has been a lot of feedback on here reference the non CB riptide...no love for the blue. If I get a chance to take it for a test drive at fiddlers this weekend, I’ll post some feedback. Thanks!
I look forward to hearing your thoughts if you get to try it out

Also excited to hear your thoughts. I really want to test this shaft but my club only has the standard riptide. Seems like the only way I’d be able to try it out is buy it and hope it worked lol

I’m keeping my eyes peeled for a 6.5 CB version on the bay to give a side by side with my believer standard RT.

Look at this Riptide CB shaft. I had not seen the blue color. Freaking gorgeous!360DED82-DE24-42EB-A7B1-BD4CD9D1493E.jpegA73BD28A-CD74-47A2-BDF1-A22038BAEF30.jpeg23CED24A-CA9F-49FD-8B02-01A7E1C7E1B1.jpeg

Has anyone hit the blue Riptide CB? It looks good, just curious how it performs. Thanks!

Did you purchase one to test out?!

No purchase. Just saw this in the store and took it out for a pic. The staff in the store all laugh when they see me walk in, almost like Norm in Cheers, or something similar. I tell you what, though, I am tempted to get one, if only for the looks alone.

Has anyone hit the blue Riptide CB? It looks good, just curious how it performs. Thanks!
This is the one that I'm still waiting to hear more about and hopefully try out soon

This is the one that I'm still waiting to hear more about and hopefully try out soon
I tried the cb 6.5 coming from an even flow blue 6.5
found it much stouter and lower spin - didn't give me high enough launch and spin - likely need the 6.0 at most I figure - different feeling shaft to me
Haven't tried the standard Riptide as of yet - wondering on flex there..figure 6.0 as I heard the CB was stiffer profile than the standard Riptide

anyone else ?

Don’t be so quick to kick. I absolutely love the 50g 6.0 S in my Mavrik driver. After several sessions with the 60g 6.0 and 5.5 in all 4 3w heads its just not the same. I hit my Flash SZ 3+ and 5w better. Both with the Hzrdus Black smoke. Going to try the Black in the Driver this weekend for the he k of it. Fairways, I’m staying pat. Actually put those funds to another hobby already.

Reactions: KEV
I tried the cb 6.5 coming from an even flow blue 6.5
found it much stouter and lower spin - didn't give me high enough launch and spin - likely need the 6.0 at most I figure - different feeling shaft to me
Haven't tried the standard Riptide as of yet - wondering on flex there..figure 6.0 as I heard the CB was stiffer profile than the standard Riptide

anyone else ?
This is why I need to check it out. Standard Riptide might be the only that may work for me..

Back