Shorter Putter Length

I'm making the move soon, I currently choke up way too much on my 34'

I am a 33.5 or 33 on the putter length. I like to stand a bit more over the ball with my eyes on top of the ball that way versus standing upright more.

Are any of you taller that are using the shorter putter? I liked it while playing, but I'm about 6'2" and if I practiced for very long with a shorter putter my lower back just ached. I had to go back to a longer one, or just not practice.

I'm 6' and have used mostly a 33"-34" putter my entire life and after some putting lessons recently I'm now in a 37" putter. It has moved my eyes into the correct position for me and as a bonus allows me to practice with zero back issues. It's also cured my issue of head movement likely because my shoulders are in a more relaxed position.

I'm 6' and have used mostly a 33"-34" putter my entire life and after some putting lessons recently I'm now in a 37" putter. It has moved my eyes into the correct position for me and as a bonus allows me to practice with zero back issues. It's also cured my issue of head movement likely because my shoulders are in a more relaxed position.
I've got a 37" counterbalanced putter as well. I've wanted to try the shorter one, but every time I do, the back aches come if I putt for very long. So it's good to hear that the shorter putter isn't the magic key to great putting for everyone.

I've got a 37" counterbalanced putter as well. I've wanted to try the shorter one, but every time I do, the back aches come if I putt for very long. So it's good to hear that the shorter putter isn't the magic key to great putting for everyone.

Rickie Fowler is short at 5'9" and uses a 35" putter. Justin Rose is tall and uses a 36"+ putter. Putting is way more variable than anything in golf and what works is very personal. I'm a little pissed I was too stubborn to ask for putting help the last 40 years as the longer putter along with a couple simple adjustments have me putting much better than I have since I was in my teens.

I’m 5’11 and play a 34”. I tried a 33” and it would make my back ache, especially during prolonged practice sessions.

Back