OGIO Mutant Travel Bag

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Thinking about making a switch to this one.

From the company:
An unnatural awesome creation of monstrous proportion, the OGIO Mutant Travel Bag is the alpha male of all golf travel bags. Known to swallow golf bags whole, the cavernous padded main compartment keeps your clubs safe and protected.

• Large main compartment
  • Oversized wheels
  • Oversized fully padded top compartment
  • Easy entry opening with internal cinch-down strap to secure golf bag
  • Reinforced base with protective rails
  • 2 large exterior pockets
  • Exterior compression straps
  • Fits tour and stand bags with ease
  • Tip-resistant
  • Dimensions: 52" H x 15" W x 15" D
  • Weight: 8.2 Lbs
B880EFE1-1D74-420D-914E-2DB2F8A60A62.png

Looks good and sturdy.

I've only used mine the one time so far, but I was able to fit my full golf bag, four boxes of golf balls, 2 pair of shoes, and at least 7-8 shirts / shorts. Still had some room to spare.

Being soft sided, you can fold it (somewhat) in half for storage. It's a good bag.

Love anything from Ogio. They always do a great job when it comes to quality.

that's nice looking. What's the price point?

Ooh! More stuff to think about. Thanks!

Looks great. "Tip Resistant" sound interesting.

no hat compartment though

Great looking bag. Definitely in market for a travel bag as we prepare for Utah in May. :cool:?

This is my travel bag. Highly recommend.

Have experienced zero issues so far. Plus it is easy to spot at the baggage claim.

no hat compartment though

I love my hat compartment on the travel cover I’m using and it has held up better than my 3-4 Club Gliders I have gone through, but I want something a little lighter.

I have a previous version of one of these, it's held up great for a while, loved the quality and durability, love the patterns and colors, makes it easy to find off the luggage rack

Man I like the looks of that one.
My SKB hardcase may get a companion !

I am in the market for a travel bag. Right now I have my eye on the subtle Patriot but this one looks great.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I am in the market for a travel bag. Right now I have my eye on the subtle Patriot but this one looks great.

I like the Subtle Patriot bag and love the current price. My apprehension as of late with weight is that they say it weighs 10 lbs. Mine weighs more than that and weight overage prices are astronomical right now. So dropping 4 lbs for a really good bag seems like a good idea.

I like the Subtle Patriot bag and love the current price. My apprehension as of late with weight is that they say it weighs 10 lbs. Mine weighs more than that and weight overage prices are astronomical right now. So dropping 4 lbs for a really good bag seems like a good idea.

Wow I didn't realize that Subtle Patriot bag was down to $170 (after THP budget golf discount). That's a very enticing price.

Thinking about making a switch to this one.

From the company:
An unnatural awesome creation of monstrous proportion, the OGIO Mutant Travel Bag is the alpha male of all golf travel bags. Known to swallow golf bags whole, the cavernous padded main compartment keeps your clubs safe and protected.

• Large main compartment
  • Oversized wheels
  • Oversized fully padded top compartment
  • Easy entry opening with internal cinch-down strap to secure golf bag
  • Reinforced base with protective rails
  • 2 large exterior pockets
  • Exterior compression straps
  • Fits tour and stand bags with ease
  • Tip-resistant
  • Dimensions: 52" H x 15" W x 15" D
  • Weight: 8.2 Lbs
View attachment 8929241
What do you currently use?

Known to swallow golf bags whole
I love this description.

No doubt the Mutant is a great bag. The only concerns I've had with it during my trips is staying under the weight limit. You can cram a lot of stuff inside this one.

Good point. The weight limit on Allegiant is 40 lb

Pretty similar specs to Club Glove Collegiate Last Bag. For weight these both come in about 8lbs.

Back