What Course is Your Area Known For?

Sherwood is the closest to me, but the area consists of the following:

Sherwood
Riviera
LA Country Club
Wilshire Country Club

All host or have hosted some amazing tournaments.

I've been to Sherwood, and to LA CC, and have been on the grounds at Riv and Wilshire. They're all pretty spectacular.

DFW is fortunate to have several to choose from. Most exclusive is probably Preston Trails. Hosting PGA tour includes TPC Las Colinas and Colonial CC. Old American Golf Club hosts an LPGA wvent. Then there is Dallas National too.

The 5th major.

Now back in Dayton area it would be NCR and Moraine. Look at Cincinnati and you have Camargo and a Coldstream. Columbus area is loaded with Muirfield Village, Scioto, The Golf Club and Double Eagle.

A lot of great courses in the Buckeye state.

Even sooner...

Sherwood
Riviera
LA Country Club
Wilshire Country Club

I've been to Sherwood, and to LA CC, and have been on the grounds at Riv and Wilshire. They're all pretty spectacular.

I am interested to know about LA CC. Anything you can write about the course and, or, clubhouse scene will be appreciated.

When’s the course open up?
Just checked the calendar the past 2 years - Black has opened mid April each of the past 2 years. Will keep an eye out.

I am interested to know about LA CC. Anything you can write about the course and, or, clubhouse scene will be appreciated.
All I can really say is that the course(s) are incredible. Not easy by any means. You feel like you're on a massive private estate in the middle of the city. The views are great as well. It was about 6 or 7 years ago when I was there, and I don't remember the clubhouse well other than it's a gorgeous building. I didn't go into the dining room or locker room. Just the pro shop.

All I can really say is that the course(s) are incredible. Not easy by any means. You feel like you're on a massive private estate in the middle of the city. The views are great as well. It was about 6 or 7 years ago when I was there, and I don't remember the clubhouse well other than it's a gorgeous building. I didn't go into the dining room or locker room. Just the pro shop.

A pro friend of mine told me of his experience at LA CC, I guess it was about 20-25 years ago. He was there to play a practice round for an upcoming tournament but the club rules required a member accompany him, So, he was not permitted to use the range, putting green etc.. until the member arrived. Also, my friend's wife had to drop him off at the club gate and pick him up at the same gate. I think he said women are not allowed at LA CC.
Also, I think I read somewhere that (unlike Riviera, Bel Air, Sherwood etc....), LA CC avoids having entertainment industry people as members

A pro friend of mine told me of his experience at LA CC, I guess it was about 20-25 years ago. He was there to play a practice round for an upcoming tournament but the club rules required a member accompany him, So, he was not permitted to use the range, putting green etc.. until the member arrived. Also, my friend's wife had to drop him off at the club gate and pick him up at the same gate. I think he said women are not allowed at LA CC.
Also, I think I read somewhere that (unlike Riviera, Bel Air, Sherwood etc....), LA CC avoids having entertainment industry people as members
That's why I'm not allowed to be a member (or so I'm told.) My old friend who is, presumably, still a member (though he has moved to NY) told me that policy when I asked him for a sponsorship. He also mentioned that the initiation was surprisingly low

Women are allowed at LACC, but my understanding is that is a newer policy. I'm not sure they're allowed at Hillcrest, but I don't know anyone who is a member there - though it's pretty much all entertainment types

TPC Scottsdale by far.

Spoiler alert the course is pretty mediocre

I live about 10 minutes away from Medinah Country Club. There's been a few PGA events there over the years like the US Open and PGA amongst others. They also played a Ryder Cup there in 2012.

Last edited:
Farmlinks @ Pursell Farms and the RTJ "Trail"

Firestone Country Club! Three beautiful courses all very different and unique. The South course was home to the Bridgestone Invitational for many years where Tiger dominated!

69215.jpg
One of my favorite holes on the North Course. #17 Par 3.

Sherwood
Riviera
LA Country Club
Wilshire Country Club

Those are some nice courses in a small area..

That would be Aldeen Golf Club. It is a city owned course and has been ranked by Golf Digest and one of the best 50 courses you can play for under $50. Greens are quick, fairways are treelined with mature trees, there is an island green, a driveable par 4, multiple options of clubs to hit off the tee, and a really good practice facility. The city takes care of it pretty well but they let it get burned out two years ago and that would have pissed a lot of people off coming to play that course for the first time.
I so wanted to play that last fall. Me and some buddies were on our way to Silvas to play TPC Deer Run and hd planned on playing 18 Friday morning. That Thursday night the area got hit by I think it was 7 inches of rain. Drive in to clubhouse and see the Course Closed sign. I think have the course was under three feet of water.

Hopefully one day I make it back thru the area.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

Back