CONTEST Pick Golfinnut's OEM and WIN

Titliest- an iconic company with a great new lineup. Plus, if it's not broke, don't fix it!

I know the man in question very well and this is easier than most think. My pick is TITLEIST he will never leave them and if he did he would feel bad about it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did I mention how nice the King Forged Tec irons look?20SS_xGO_Clubs_ForgedTec-8355.jpg

Something about ‘Nut is that he is somewhat of a hoarder when it comes to gear. And what he isn’t telling you is that in addition to the umpteen sets of Titleist gear he has squirreled away in his basement, he has several sets of various other makes and models stashed as well.

To make this really fun I think he should disclose every set he’s got stashed away, and the forum should choose something he doesn’t currently own. Honma anyone? ?

COBRA!!!

I know the man in question very well and this is easier than most think. My pick is TITLEIST he will never leave them and if he did he would feel bad about it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results...aka @golfinnut picking :titleist:

Wipe the slate clean... Start fresh and pick a new OEM ehhhhemm :srixon: because of their proven tech and their buttery soft irons!

Last edited:
I would have to say Cobra. The new irons are legit and he could take his pick on variable or OL and they are so many option with the Speedzone, Forged Tec, heck if he has tourble with getting it up, there is the T-rails...the king SZ drivers and fairways are LOONGGGGG....Do it

I have been playing with the Triple tracks a t the store and those Putters are sweet

Last edited:
First recommendation is to go for Callaway. Their current lineup makes for a great full bag from drivers, fairway woods, hybrids all the way to the new triple track putters...If you want to go for a single OEM, Callaway’s your best bet and you can custom your set with a colour of your choosing ?️‍♂️???

Something about ‘Nut is that he is somewhat of a hoarder when it comes to gear. And what he isn’t telling you is that in addition to the umpteen sets of Titleist gear he has squirreled away in his basement, he has several sets of various other makes and models stashed as well.

To make this really fun I think he should disclose every set he’s got stashed away, and the forum should choose something he doesn’t currently own. Honma anyone? ?
Well in that case, I have TM, Callaway, Hogan ... that's, that's about it. I did have Mizuno MP18's but I sold them long ago. (y)

Well in that case, I have TM, Callaway, Hogan ... that's, that's about it. I did have Mizuno MP18's but I sold them long ago. (y)
:srixon: still alive

It has got to be Callaway. There is no other manufacturer that has given more or been more involved with this site. The people I have had the Privilege of meeting that at work for Callaway have been very genuine and friendly. They truly care. They also make some dam fine equipment. Callaway definitely deserves a chance at a spot in your bag.

Just went for a demo day and i am surprised at the Taylormade line so for my 2nd suggestion, I’d recommend the Taylormade since I absolutely love the SIM wood & hybrid line and testing the P iron series, i enjoyed the P760 the best...

Has anyone mentioned Cleveland? They’re underrated in their products. Lots of great choices in clubs that can do what you need them to.

A great video talking with Rickie Fowler and his bag of Cobra clubs.

I am going a different route then most and can’t believe I am saying this but, @golfinnut needs to go :taylormade: . The new SIM lineup for the top of the bag is solid. The fairway woods are especially good and I have heard them compared to the original RBZ line that a ton of people loved. The hybrids are also especially good with pros who have gone on record saying they would never have put a hybrid in their bag until they hit the new SIM hybrid lineup and now have a hybrid in play.

They have some good options for irons too but a good player could not go wrong gaming anything from the P700 series. The SIM series would offer more forgiveness if desired as well.

He has already decided wedges which is one of the weak points of the :taylormade: lineup in my opinion so he takes that completely out of being an issue.

If he wants a putter from the same brand they have some great options there too. I am not crazy about the new Truss options but there are plenty others including the plethora of Spider options a lot of players love.

All in all :taylormade: has a solid lineup for a guy wanting to stick with one single brand but wants to keep a particular wedge that doesn’t have to match everything else as that is their weakest point in my opinion. The more I think about it, the more I could see myself going that route this year and that really says something because I have never been a huge fan of :taylormade: . @golfinnut go try that SIM lineup if you have not already done so and I think you will agree.

See my post in the Deal Thread - Great time to choose :srixon:

1583160592377.png

I'm gonna have to tally up the choices here soon. But it looks like Callaway is the front runner
Callaway has a solid lineup. No doubt about that. I would try some of the others as well though. If I was going to do the same this year it would come down to 5 manufacturers and I have already said which I would choose. My suggestion now is look at all offerings from the following 5 and see what works best for your game. In no particular order:

:callaway:
:taylormade:
:cobra:
:mizuno:
:srixon:

Honma
Who better to bring you well made clubs from Asia which is where they all come from than a company owned by a prominent Chinese businessman. Obviously Mizuno has this going for it too BUT....
Honma irons are built so consistently that they listed the overall club weight of the irons I'm using on the site. I checked them and they were all within 1 gram of the weight listed on the website.
THAT IS EXTREMELY HARD TO ACCOMPLISH EVEN IN A CUSTOM BUILD LET ALONE OFF THE RACK.
That means everything that went into that set from the head to the shaft and grip was pretty much exactly to spec.
Every manufacturer makes great clubs these days but the attention to detail Honma puts in their clubs puts them a notch above in my opinion.
I don't know if superior quality control and craftsmanship are something your looking for but if it is you should give the Honmas some consideration

For my second entry,

what about pxg?

the woods look so good and apparently they have found a design that isn’t super spinny and terrible feeling like the first iteration was (that I heard anyways).

the irons, while full of screws) look great to me and I did hit one a week or soago and it was very nice.

Putter wise, they have flavor haha.
PXG was a bit out of my price range. Plus I"m not fond of the screw look. I know I can't see them but still :rolleyes:

Looks like Callaway, TM, Cobra & Srixon are top of list of candidates for slots in the bag. Now to find time to hit them all :rolleyes:

Callaway....overall have the best overall package in innovation and performance from woods, irons, wedges thru to putter lineup. Can’t lose with any club.

Looks like Callaway, TM, Cobra & Srixon are top of list of candidates for slots in the bag. Now to find time to hit them all :rolleyes:
Good luck! Lots of great options there!

All definitely have some outstanding options! Enjoy the demos and then pick :taylormade: ;)

Back