Indiana, Kentucky, Michigan or PA Golf

G-Man

Working on being better in '23!
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Sooo my buddies and I are new to the golf trip idea. We waited to long to plan one last year and ended up in Columbus... Played some great courses, but want to get into other states (only played in Ohio). When we sit down this year I want to toss out some drivable courses we can play for a wknd trip... Friday, 36 Saturday 36 and Sunday 18...

Looking at the states mentioned and limited driving from Airbnb

I'd say if you're hitting KY/IN Louisville has several good courses including Heritage Hills, just across the river Chariot run, and Covered Bridge are super nice for the money. You could always join us for our bourbon bash and check a few others!

I'd say if you're hitting KY/IN Louisville has several good courses including Heritage Hills, just across the river Chariot run, and Covered Bridge are super nice for the money. You could always join us for our bourbon bash and check a few others!
Remind me of dates?

Remind me of dates?

I'm playing a round with @LLIB and @KY Golfer tomorrow. We're hoping to shore up times/ dates e.t.c

If it’s going to be mid summer by chance, there are some killer courses in MI. Especially if you wanted to do different stops for the different days. Some I think are decent drives from each other, but man there are some insanely nice courses. Also, in the summer it stays lighter the more north you go, so there is that benefit too.

No suggestions but I’m following this thread to get some ideas!

If it’s going to be mid summer by chance, there are some killer courses in MI. Especially if you wanted to do different stops for the different days. Some I think are decent drives from each other, but man there are some insanely nice courses. Also, in the summer it stays lighter the more north you go, so there is that benefit too.
Want to throw out some ideas? Or point me in direction?

Indianapolis has several great public courses and Indiana is really trying to push the Pete Dye Trail the last year or 2. I know real close to Indy are The Fort and Brickyard Crossing. There is another course called purgatory on the north side of Indy that is really good too. Indy is actually really underrated for a golf destination.

Nevel Meade might be one of the best public courses in ky/southern Indiana area.
Links style, and a personal favorite.

Indianapolis has several great public courses and Indiana is really trying to push the Pete Dye Trail the last year or 2. I know real close to Indy are The Fort and Brickyard Crossing. There is another course called purgatory on the north side of Indy that is really good too. Indy is actually really underrated for a golf destination.

we played Purgatory, The Fort, and Old Silo, at a THP invitational about 5 years ago. Old Silo was worn down but the other 2 courses were in great shape.
Purgatory was a blast!!

Look at Nemocolin Resort with 2 fabulous courses. 3 hour drive. Maybe some near by there to add to rotation, Just not up to speed on that.

Want to throw out some ideas? Or point me in direction?
Arcadia Bluffs. Forest Dunes. Or any of the surrounding courses that are forced to stay in better shape because of these two and others like them. If you want to stay further south, Pilgrims Run.

Northern Michigan has some awesome golf with courses designed by all of the top golf course designers. Gaylord is probably the mecca with many courses and a couple of stay and play resorts. Harbor Springs is another awesome place with Boyne Highlands a great place to stay and many great golf courses. In addition to these resorts we have many awesome courses scattered throughout northern Michigan.

If looking to come over to Western PA, the supposedly two best golf course in the state are out that way.

You have Shepherd’s Rock and Mystic Rock in Nemacolin Woodland Resort Area at Farmington PA.

Farmington is only an hour outside Pittsburgh, so getting a Airbnb would be easy and you have a gorgeous city for nightlife and good food after playing.

Peak n Peak course in SW corner of NY is a good track, and close to Southern Tier Brewery and local wineries along Lake Erie. I've heard good things about Nemacolin too.

I know it is Ohio but I take a crew to Avalon Lakes in Warren, Ohio and it is fabulous. 4 courses, 2 across border in PA and 2 in Ohio. Great package stay and play about $500 a man for accommodations at the spa resort, breakfasts, complete run of the place including indoor/outdoor pools, roman bath, spa etc and all amenities. Awesome local restaurants and the courses are all great. Check out their web site and flyovers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back