Corona Virus/COVID19: Local Impact

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you are under 60 and are relatively healthy you should be fine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You'll likely be fine....but you run the risk of exposing anybody over 60 or anybody who you infect who is close contact with someone under 60.

That feels like the major risk right now. Countries that have mitigated well on the front end have avoided (so far) having their health systems overwhelmed. Other countries like Italy have had their hospital capacity decimated. If 90% recover after a short period of time, 9% require/treatment and hospitalization and 1% die....it's the 9% that could overwhelm the system if it spreads too quickly.

Add in that it sounds like it can be spread asymptomatically for days and it makes it a real risk for rapid spread.

I'm not really worried for me or my kids. But I am very worried for my mom and older relatives/friends relatives who are higher risk from every person they come into contact with. and I'd feel terrible if me, my wife or kids accidentally transmitted it to them.

Aaaaand my son's trip was cancelled...and the tour company the school district hired won't refund the $3600...

Aaaaand my son's trip was cancelled...and the tour company the school district hired won't refund the $3600...
That is beyond what is acceptable.

is that you or the school district that put that down?

I have had multiple cancellations because of this stupid thing. It is really starting to tick me off. How over blown it is. I have a Europe trip planned in May I am really hoping it does not get impacted.

It is stupid how over exaggerated and fear mongering this is.

Really curious when my company is going to start requiring that can work from - to work from home. I think it's coming very soon.

I have had multiple cancellations because of this stupid thing. It is really starting to tick me off. How over blown it is. I have a Europe trip planned in May I am really hoping it does not get impacted.

It is stupid how over exaggerated and fear mongering this is.
Its becoming more and more apparent they we are going to need to purchase way, way more toilet paper if this thing is ever going to be eradicated.

We have deliveries that come in daily from multiple states. So the chances are increasing, but nothing we can do about it.

Its becoming more and more apparent they we are going to need to purchase way, way more toilet paper if this thing is ever going to be eradicated.

and bottled water.

thaaat would be me.

best part? Now the travel company has gone around the school saying “we didn’t cancel, the school district did based on regulation...we will still take your kids to the UK tomorrow with two volunteer chaperones or you don’t get a refund.”
There were 6 teacher chaperones who are also being screwed out of the money they spent. The school district has banned international travel for staff and all international or out of state field trips such as this.
I’m conflicted...I don’t like the new option presented.

Well we just received the email from the School District they may be announcing an extend school closure in the next few days. The pandemonium has begun.

I can’t even begin to tell you how many emails from businesses that I’ve received today about the CoronaVirus.

thaaat would be me.

best part? Now the travel company has gone around the school saying “we didn’t cancel, the school district did based on regulation...we will still take your kids to the UK tomorrow with two volunteer chaperones or you don’t get a refund.”
There were 6 teacher chaperones who are also being screwed out of the money they spent. The school district has banned international travel for staff and all international or out of state field trips such as this.
There is really no other way to put it other than that sucks. Sorry you’re in that situation

Classes cancelled this week at Kent State University. Next week classes will be online only until April 13th. Many events cancelled and all university sponsored international and domestic travel cancelled.

There is really no other way to put it other than that sucks. Sorry you’re in that situation

I genuinely don’t know what to do and I’ve been at this parenting game for a minute...my wife is of the opinion to let him go, but I’m more of the opinion that sh!t is getting real

I really don't understand cancelling college classes or making them online only. If i was still in college then I would still have to go to my job serving tables and would still go to the bars. Heck probably more than if classes were going on.

Forgot to mention that I heard on the radio this morning that Austin and Travis County has banned any public events/gatherings over 2500 people unless "adequate" precautions have been taken and are appoved.

Really curious when my company is going to start requiring that can work from - to work from home. I think it's coming very soon.
My company is having a mandatory work from home day Thursday to load test the network.

I really don't understand cancelling college classes or making them online only. If i was still in college then I would still have to go to my job serving tables and would still go to the bars. Heck probably more than if classes were going on.
Removes the liability from them. That’s all that is.

thaaat would be me.

How ridiculous. Who would send their kids to Europe with volunteer chaperones you have never met and don't know?

My work banned international travel and limit domestic travel. Banned meetings with 50 or more people and encourage us to work from home and webex into meetings. Effective till 4/30

I also just stock up on non perishable food and was able to snag some Clorox wipes today.

my wife and I need to decide if we want to postpone our Disney trip in May.

They have stopped all cruise ships coming into Monterey, which isn’t really a surprise. Although I’d prefer not too, I don’t lie awake about catching this, but what is starting to get a little more concerning, as someone that works in aviation, the hit the industry is taking. There is no danger of job cuts at the moment, but I wonder how long this wil go on before there are.

One of my clients has a system for treating lung infections and it might be effective for COVID-19. They're working with the White House, CDC, NIH, FDA, etc., etc. The politics associated with how the government is spending the newly appropriated billions is disappointing. Too many cooks in the kitchen.

Numerous meetings have been cancelled or converted to conference calls. In many ways, I'm a fan because the slight reprieve from work stress is appreciated. Restarting the global economy could get messy.

Today the San Francisco Bay Area Archdiocese made the decision for a 2 week closure of the 90 Catholic schools it operates.

My work banned international travel and limit domestic travel. Banned meetings with 50 or more people and encourage us to work from home and webex into meetings. Effective till 4/30

I also just stock up on non perishable food and was able to snag some Clorox wipes today.

my wife and I need to decide if we want to postpone our Disney trip in May.

we are in the same dilemma. We are expecting Disney to close doors if the spread does not slow down. Plane tickets have been purchased, holding off buying park passes until brighter days are in the forecast.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back