Putter Weight Kits

rsprymtym

Chasing 79
Reaction score
Handicap
I have a putter weight kit for one of my putters that has 2 each of 5 g, 10 g, 15 g, and 20 g weights. It is a PXG Mustang; I'd describe it as an over sized blade or compact mallet with a plumbers neck and weight ports in the toe and heel. It has a toe hang of about 45*. My question is has anyone tried placing different weights in the heel and the toe? I've experimented with it but have not noticed a difference in toe hang or rate of closure.

I have thought about doing this with my scotty newport i recently picked up. But to be honest I don't know If I'd have the patience to test for a difference or even notice.

you need a lot of weight and it will make a very small difference.

on my evnroll er6 (single bend 12° toe hang) I have 20g of tungsten in the toe pocket to get a little more right out of it

on my taylormade tp soto (flow neck 47° toe hang) I have 15g more weight to the heel to get a little more left out of it

I have thought about doing this with my scotty newport i recently picked up. But to be honest I don't know If I'd have the patience to test for a difference or even notice.
This...I wonder if I would even notice it. I would think you would have to strike a blue kazillion balls with a putter and be extra sensitive to notice the weights. I would think if it was a huge weight change you might notice - at least for me.

Back