• Kirkland Signature

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • Other

Votes: 2 5.6%

• Total voters

X.Man

Reaction score
Handicap
Lots of Options! Some more of a true DTC than others but none available at the big box stores if I am correct. So who is your pick?

Vice is the only one I’ve used but they are a solid ball at the price point.

Really liked Vice balls.
Really disliked Snell.

Haven't tried others.

I've used both Snell MTB Black and X, and Cut DC. I prefer Snell to Cut. The ball looks nicer, played better, and seemed to have more durability. I really like the Snell Black, and would happy game it. Feel was exactly what I like in my irons and wedges, a little soft but still gave me good feel off the driver.

I switch in between the QST and Cut Grey, very similar performance for my swing speed and price is comparable.

I have played the Snell MTB and it performed well for me.

Vice is ok, Cut is a meh, but I would pick Snell every time.

Really like the Snell MTB Black balls. Have tried the other DTC brands listed in the poll and didn't really care for them.

I've played Snell, Vice, and Kirkland balls.

Snell has a solid product and have made improvements in design. I liked the original MTB and the current MTB-X. I think they've done the best in having a good balance of price and performance.

Vice I think hasn't changed since launching which in one way is a good thing. The Pro is a good ball. The pro+ and pro soft are okay.

Kirkland has had a great ball, a very spinny ball, and a ball that falls apart. I basically have a bunch now in the garage for the hitting area. I think they had a great original product but really didn't ensure it was something people could actually play for awhile except for those that stockpiled dozens.

After all of that Srixon can be found at these guys price points. Bridgestone prior generation as well. When price isnt a factor anymore I'll lean towards those because worse case I forget balls I can usually get a sleeve in the pro shop.

Snell is king of this category IMO. Their MTB balls are as good as most anything else on the market, for a better price.

I've tried Vice, Cut, and Oncore, but don't use any of them regularly. I voted Oncore mostly because they are local to me.

Snell makes a fantastic golf ball. Vice pro is second. I was a huge fan of the Snell Red, but there were not many of us. The MTB X is what I would play these days from their line.

Snell easily. I'd put their offerings up against anything out there. It's one of the best deals in golf.

Other. Seed. I like their subscription based model, sustainable packaging and the fact that they are based in Ireland.

Have tried all the snells and the mtb black works great for me. Vice pro soft also suits my game. Kirkland 3 piece, oncore elixir, and cut grey were so so for me.

Cut golf for me. Especially after seeing how much they actually care about THP feedback.

Cut golf for me. Especially after seeing how much they actually care about THP feedback.

I went to Target yesterday and picked up a Doz Cut Blue. Had no idea they sold them there. For $19.99 why not give them a try

I have never bought one.

I went to Target yesterday and picked up a Doz Cut Blue. Had no idea they sold them there. For $19.99 why not give them a try
They genuinely care about feedback on their products, which I appreciate a lot. Instead of trying to mold a story to their persona, they let the product do it for them.

I've never tried any of those, but I'd imagine that they're all playable.

I usually stick to a ball until it goes out of production.
Then, I experiment until I play over my head with a given ball for the first time.
Then, I've got my new ball until it goes out of production.
Not exciting, but it at least takes thinking out of the equation.

Have tried the OnCore and Snell, have not had a change to try the others.

I've never bought any of them. Have played Vice a couple times, but not enough to really even form an opinion of it.

If I played urethane/tour balls I'd probably be more interested in the DTC balls as a less expensive alternative, but for now my gamer ball (Callaway Supersoft) is just as cheap or cheaper than any of the DTC balls.

I believe that Snell has the best direct to consumer ball. I play the MTB-X but will probably go to the black this year at some time. I have also tried the vice pro-plus which I found to be a good ball but cover is not as resilient as the snell. Remember most of these direct to consumers are manufactured overseas and are not developed by the sellers. They rely on other engineered designs and patents that may have expired. Snell develops his own ball designs and has been involved in a lot of successful products.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Snell, it is my preferred gamer right now. Cut, Vice and OnCore are all playable for me, but overall prefer the characteristics/performance of the Snell. The only experience I have with Kirkland is a found ball that I've hit a few times but don't have enough to go on yet.

Back