BBQ and Outdoor Cooking Thread

3 1/2 hours at 325°

F6CE8D24-7FBC-449B-BD0C-5D9C1765D8E4.jpeg

We bought a half of beef this weekend. Not cheap, but we are set for a long while now. Some nice T-Bones and a really nice brisket included.

We bought a half of beef this weekend. Not cheap, but we are set for a long while now. Some nice T-Bones and a really nice brisket included.

we need to do that. Approx how much a pound did you pay?

Bought some baby backs at a local meat shop & they were 100 times better than the racks I’ve gotten at supermarket. My new go to place now for meats. Fantastic boudin there too.

Smoked wings off the Rectec with a side of a Tito's and tonic ;)

I do 275° for an hour, crank to 350° for 30 minutes, flipping them the last 5 minutes

AF0B1400-D1CA-41C5-8040-ED9E4AF442D2.jpeg

Ok guys, I want to try my hand at ribs on the Grilla Silverbac. Most likely some baby backs.

Last time I made ribs was on the weber kettle. They took forever and the meat came out very tender but the sauce was too vinegar/wine tasting for me. I want something sweet, smoky and a little spicy. Im open to suggestions and cooking methods!

Those looks good buddy....gonna have to try wings at some point.

Like the sides too.

Thanks!

Wings are our favorite quick cook, with Tito's :)

B2BF401D-FD14-4626-AA98-C3BB4CD65F0C.jpeg

Ok guys, I want to try my hand at ribs on the Grilla Silverbac. Most likely some baby backs.

Last time I made ribs was on the weber kettle. They took forever and the meat came out very tender but the sauce was too vinegar/wine tasting for me. I want something sweet, smoky and a little spicy. Im open to suggestions and cooking methods!

we do 5 hrs at 225°, spritzing every 30-40 minutes with apple juice

check for done using the bend test starting 4-4 1/2 hrs in

add sauce for another 20-30 minutesFADF2AC4-25BB-487F-A229-F4335D9ED845.jpeg

405B450B-B55C-4542-A7CC-D8B236B415C1.jpeg

Wings from Porter Road getting ready to hit the smoker. Two different rubs
8221F5BA-3630-4321-ACC9-9F5FC83F5700.jpeg

Off the smoker and now the air fryer and then sauced

CB566F73-7503-4B6E-A681-0DC4F865B1DA.jpeg

Ready for saucing

2F30BAA6-741A-4DF8-9E44-5BE0785866B7.jpeg

I really want to get a pellet grill and smoker but I am looking for a portable option such as the Grilla Chimp. Any other options out there I should be looking at?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My Rec Tec has been on since noon..2 types of ribs going on, baby back and beef ribs. Ribs today left overs for dinner/lunch tomorrow.

Ribeye steak cooked on a very hot Kamado ceramic grill is just incredible..

Rec Tec’s app and WiFi feature looks terrific

I can't comment because those features weren't available 4 years ago, and I didn't upgrade my controller.

these grills are solid performers. 3 of my friends have bought a Rt700 Bull and love them

If you decide to order one, recommend you call vs online order to ask any questions and experience the unbelievable customer service right from the start 👍

Well I usually com on and rave about the ribs or whatever lese that I smoked. Well, yesterday was different, I REALLY BLEW IT. Doing the ribs and everything was going OK, except there was a breeze and they weren't getting done. well I decided to go with the 3-2-1 method instead of a full day of cook and smoke, so I wrapped then in foil, a little apple juice and honey inside and put them back in the smoker. Well, I decided to chip some balls and a buddy came over and we had a little contest and beer. so, almost 2 hours later,(lost track of time) I cam back thinking that I over done them, open the foil and they were, "looks" really good. Then I tried to take them out of the foil, and they totally came apart, in other words I steamed them to death. The beef were somewhat better but the BB ribs were horrible, almost looked like pulled pork. Lesson learned!

Back