Jaoffo

Reaction score
Handicap
20+
Jaoffo here aka “Just Another Old Fart From Ohio”
This looks like a good place to spend quality social distancing time when not out on the course.
Started golfing in my 30’s and pushed it a little harder when my 12 yo son started showing promise while playing Atl. Jr golf.
He did real well until he discovered football in HS. He went off to college and my interest wained with him gone and after we bought a lake house in the N Ga mountains. Put my game on hold for several years, (bass fishing was great on the lake) and of course the golf game suffered.
Well as is always the case our children steer our lives and he married into an avid golf family. Avid as in his father in law played Augusta National with a former Notre Dame coach. So now when they visit from Chicago they all want to play mountain courses in Ga.
Three year back into it, and one open heart surgery in the middle I’m starting to get back to where I don’t embarrass myself too much but still provide some comic relief to most rounds I play.
Don’t think I will ever swing as hard or turn as well as I did 35 years ago but I still have fun, meet good people and keep moving so all is well in N Ga.
Gettin old ain’t for sissies

Welcome to THP!!

Welcome aboard sir & this is a great place to social distance.

:welcome: and the old farts gang. :golf3:

Welcome. Hope you enjoy your time here.

Golf , like life is definitely a journey! Glad to have you here!

Happy to have you with us, sir!!

Welcome to THP!!

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Welcome to THP!

great intro! love the forum name!

Welcome to THP!

Welcome sir, glad to have you be a part of this place!

Jaoffo here aka “Just Another Old Fart From Ohio”
This looks like a good place to spend quality social distancing time when not out on the course.
Started golfing in my 30’s and pushed it a little harder when my 12 yo son started showing promise while playing Atl. Jr golf.
He did real well until he discovered football in HS. He went off to college and my interest wained with him gone and after we bought a lake house in the N Ga mountains. Put my game on hold for several years, (bass fishing was great on the lake) and of course the golf game suffered.
Well as is always the case our children steer our lives and he married into an avid golf family. Avid as in his father in law played Augusta National with a former Notre Dame coach. So now when they visit from Chicago they all want to play mountain courses in Ga.
Three year back into it, and one open heart surgery in the middle I’m starting to get back to where I don’t embarrass myself too much but still provide some comic relief to most rounds I play.
Don’t think I will ever swing as hard or turn as well as I did 35 years ago but I still have fun, meet good people and keep moving so all is well in N Ga.
Gettin old ain’t for sissies
Welcome to THP!! You haven't by chance played Currahee up in Toccoa have you? I got to play there with some friends and it was an incredible course.

Welcome to THP and finding you way back to the game!

Welcome from south GA!

Welcome from NC

Hahaha Welcome to THP & love the forum name!!!

Welcome to THP!

Welcome aboard!

Welcome to THP.

Welcome to THP! Great forum name. North Georgia is much better than Ohiotopia. ;)

Welcome to THP!!

Welcome to THP!

Welcome!

Welcome to THP!

Back