Are You Playing the Wrong Grips?

Got fitted into the MCC witch is what
I have been playing for years

I'm not sure the microsuede is an option.

It recommended the Z-Grip for me. I normally play the Tour Wrap. I will say that Ive known for a while that I probably should be play cord grips but I always get wrap grips because I like the way they look.

Based on the tool I am in the right size grip. I do prefer it a bit larger to keep the club secure in my hands. I like to play a .58 core grip with two wraps of tape.

I was fit into CP2 pro wrap. That’s a grip I would definitely use if I switched over to GP grips.

I was fit into CP2 pro wrap. That’s a grip I would definitely use if I switched over to GP grips.

They are going on a set I’m building right now since I don’t have the suedes available.

Wow, thanks for that link. I use a regular grip on all my clubs (except the putter) and never thought I should be using a midsize. I wear a large to extra large depending on brand (long fingers). May have to try some midsize grips. I wonder what the difference would be with my swing?

This showed I’m playing the correct size. But led me a different style of grip to try when its time to regrip.
I currently use Tour Velvet Midsize +2 wraps. I think I’ll drop the +2 and go with the CP2 either the Pro or Wrap in Midsize.

I do. I’ve been through fittings like this from GP and others though. Midsize fits me best, which this stated as well. based on my selections they offered up the MCC+4’s, which is one of the ones I prefer most from GP. I use a different companies midsized though at the moment.

4FB2BD28-99D1-4DC9-9AC2-C94652A55BC4.png

I already play the CP2 Wrap the program suggests.

Interesting. Just got finished with the portal and it fit me into exactly what I have been playing or would change to. MCC ALIGN or MCC.

I was fit into those also. I use the MCC currently so I will be giving the CP2 a try when I’m ready for a change.

I have a spare set of irons with MCC4s in midsize. Don’t like the size, and prefer a softer texture in irons. The CP2 Pro were the recommendation, and I love them in my wedges. Spot on imo

I got the MMC +4 and currently do have that in my set

Had done this online fitting previously and did it again the other day after seeing it again in the digital magazine. Came up with standard size grips, which I have always played, and the suggested grips were the 3 I would have choen from their lineup: Z-Grip, Tour Velvet Cord and MCC. Great validation.

It suggested my exact grip and size that I prefer (mcc+4 standard) but didn't know to add all the extra tape! 🤣

Looks as thought wet/no/firm/smooth, wet/no/soft/smooth, and wet/no/both/smooth all recommend the same grip.

I love playing around with these automated fitting apps to see which grips they're recommending at the time. Strangely enough, I haven't found a combo that recommends the Tour Velvet at all. I've found Tour Velvet Cord and you'd think that if you just change the selections that got TVC from wet to dry or yes to no, then it'd recommend the TV, but it doesn't.

Gee, it recommended MCC+4, align, which is what I use. I guess my pro fitted me right.

MCC +4 is what I use and what the tool suggests.

I got Align or MCC. My favorite grips and what I use :)

Mine came up ZGrip Cord. Funny that I just had my driver regripped with that one to give it a try.

I use this method to determine grip size:grip_sizing.jpg

CP2 Wrap, have never plaid a wrap before. How does it feel different? Is there a benefit?

I use standard wrap grips right now and GP shows MCC PLUS4 ALIGN.

Back