Ohio Golf courses closed...now reopened

I think the State Health Department has a burner account just to hear the opinions of THP, especially @Canadan :ROFLMAO:

Open close open close.
As soon as they reopen it will go back to raining every day anyhow

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

I think the State Health Department has a burner account just to hear the opinions of THP, especially @Canadan :ROFLMAO:

Hahahaha had it not changed by tomorrow, they would not have needed a burner account here to know what I think about it. I was going to... expand my social reach.

Hahahaha had it not changed by tomorrow, they would not have needed a burner account here to know what I think about it. I was going to... expand my social reach.

Hahaha that is great. Soon enough, Mike DeWine is headed to the GrandDaddy at the same time golf is allowed in Ohio. Something seems fishy here @Canadan 🤔

Good job lobbying THP! Looks like the Ohio contingent really made a difference!:ROFLMAO:
Can someone lobby PA. Another month inside is going to hurt bad. At least open our golf courses.

I agree with you. The difference explained on the news today was that parks, trails, etc don’t have anywhere near the level of employees that a golf course needs to care and stay open.

One post I saw made me laugh on social.

“We cant get golfers to fix pitch marks, but we think they will social distance”.

I say shut it all down, everything there is for 14 days. Then open it all back up. The idiots continue to make this last longer than it needs to.

They did this in Italy and now are extending it. No guarantee 14 days is enough.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hopefully they stay open. Illinois opened them and then closed them again two days later.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

So far Oregon has not required courses to be closed and actually called out golf as an acceptable place to be kept open. Courses have completely shanked it up to meet requirements. One to a cart, no pin sheets, just a picture of a pin sheet each day, no pins, rakes, sand bottles etc. At the club I am at they spaced tee times to 15 minutes and I essentially get out of the car, walk to the range, walk to the tee and never touch anything besides my clubs.
IMO, and I am biased, there is ZERO reason they should change anything.

I'm glad that the central Virginia courses have remained open and have taken precautions to try to limit exposure.

This virus hasn't been around for 3-4 weeks but at least 3 months. Reports are saying people have gotten sick as far back as January. They had all or some of the symptoms and tested negative for the flu. Testing wasn't readily available until a few weeks ago.
A friend who I golf with got sick the first week of Feb. His sister and mom who live with him got sick. Aggressive flu like symptoms. All of them tested negative for the flu. His sister test negative 2x for the flu. The doctor said it wasn't the flu but treated it as such. He is 90% sure he had the corona19. No other people got sick being around him in that time.
There are different strains and conditions people feel from this virus. People who have recovered but still haven't officially tested negative for the virus are in the positive numbers. Many numbers list- negative, positive, dead. Really no numbers for those recovered and those hospitalized. Some states have break downs but no national numbers.

That being said golf courses shouldn't close. People who want to golf will golf. Others who are afraid will stay away. Course who want to open will open. Courses who want to remain closed will stay closed. People will be smart in order to enjoy the sport they love but government knows best.:rolleyes:

What I feel bad for is in NE Pa the last few seasons, early on has been a bust for revenue. Late snows or monsoon spring times have really hurt their early season business. So now here it is, with very mild temps and good conditions most if not all are closed. Couldn't possibly be worse for them.
I thought I did hear some areas in the north east are allowing courses to be open.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

This thing might make golf more popular where it is still allowed to be played. People definitely aren't going to be complaining about 4:30 hour rounds that's for darn sure.

Confirmed this morning, my course has reopened. Destroyed a perfectly good weekend in the process, but alas, that's Ohio for you.

Glad they did this. Makes plenty of sense, and it was noted in the email that social distancing expectations are very serious. Good.

Great article on Yahoo by Dan Wetzel.

“Is this really any less safe than jogging along a trail with other runners? This is essentially a long stroll through a huge park, with very few other people, except you whack a ball every couple hundred yards.”

Im personally exhausted by all of this nonsense. First they were open, then they were closed, now certain courses are open but with no flags. I personally dont have the patience to deal with all the nonsense. 🤷‍♂️

Not to get overly political, but...

In the USA where we are supposedly "free" instances like this show how much freedom we really have. The government can, and will, impose its will on us at its sole discretion. What prevents potential government overreach when this is all over? Is this a new way of life where we'll have to deal with government tyranny? I hope not.

I'm not talking about golf. Golf is not a big deal frankly. I'm talking about our way of life.

Dave

I can concede some points that you made. I’m not truly aligned with any particular party, they all suck-some more than others and I’m not even saying which one sucks less because this is a golf forum, not a political one.

If this truly is the health crisis that it’s being made out to be I think reasonable efforts should be taken, we all know that some people aren’t smart enough to take them on their own. Just like the idiots that’ll go out in a level 3 blizzard to buy a bag of gummy bears, as someone that’s on the front lines running a pharmacy/drug store/grocery store, I see the same kind of stupidity prevailing with this current crisis with the same boneheaded percent of the public.

Golf is low risk. Every course I know of either has online booking capabilities or can easily establish them via GolfNow. I’d be fine with them having the pro-shop closed, and requiring everyone to book and pay online and making them walk. Have the starter, enclosed in his little hut, checking off names. No risk to him, no risk to anyone. There’s probably some ADA issues there in regards to carts but if you’ve gotta walk it’ll take out 80% of the people that golf anyways.

Most around here just won’t golf if they have to walk. I prefer to walk anyways, but as someone that often takes my kids out, you don’t want to be the guy walking with kids when it’s slow. You’ll be blamed 100% of the time even if you’re waiting every shot. I also only have 50-60% lung capacity since my accident so I can walk but it’s tough if I carry my clubs on those uphill holes. I’m good with a pull/push cart and will likely get one soon.

Getting out and walking a round of golf is about as safe as I’m going to get in regards to social distancing, etc. I come into contact with 2k potentially sick people every day.

So while I feel you have some legitimate concerns, I truly don’t think Americans will stand for far overreaching oversight except in times of true crisis. Is this really one? I don’t know yet. It’s certainly concerning but I don’t think it’s goong to end life as we know it. Election years get all wonky for everything.

What I do know is I was all set for the zombie apocalypse. Head shooting some zombies seems like a great way to relieve stress. Maybe this will mutate? ;)

Updated rules for MEDINA COUNTY OHIO:

Medina County Health Department allowing courses to reopen under the strictest rules in the state. We will abide by these rules to give you a place to feel semi normal again. Although some of these rules are a little confusing, they are meant for everyone's safety, which is our priority as well. These rules will be in place throughout the stay at home order.
1. We will abide by all Social Distancing rules through April. Please keep 6 feet away from our staff, your playing partners and other patrons during your time at the course. This one is tough to remember, but a must. No sharing clubs or touching other players equipment of any sort.

2. Prepaid Tee Times ONLY. We are close to having our online tee times set up for prepaid, but until it's ready, you must call in and prepay for your round. We will update this when it's ready. Call 330-225-4477 for times. The golf shop is locked and no merchandise sales are allowed. With this in mind, RAIN CHECKS will NOT be issued. Please look at the weather forecast. If it rains, you must wait it out in your car. Carts will need to be re sanitized before heading back out. This could take some time and you might have to wait by your car until called out.

3. Please do not show up for your tee time more than 15 minutes before and no later than 5 minutes before your tee time. We may ask you to wait in your car if you are early. This applies to larger groups as well. Know your tee time.

4. ONE rider per cart unless from same household. Walking is highly encouraged. Please do not move or touch another players cart. Walkers may not be given rides to there next shot or hole. Carts have been and will be disinfected after each use. Outside of expensive electronics, we will not keep any lost and found items. Please check your cart before you leave.

5. Flagpoles are not to touch and they are forcing us to raise the cups above ground instead of using foam in the bottom of them.

6. There will be no congregating in or around the clubhouse or parking lot before or after your round. When your done they say you must leave. No waiting for other groups to finish.

7. From 8 to 9 AM Monday through Thursday will be reserved for seniors 60+ and the vulnerable. Those times can only be booked by calling in.

We must follow these rules in order to stay open. Anyone found violating any of these rules will be asked to leave with NO REFUND. We can not let an individual or group ruin it for others.

Please wash your hands often, do not touch your face and stay s

Here is how golf looks for 2020....

1. We will abide by all Social Distancing rules through April. Please keep 6 feet away from our staff, your playing partners and other patrons during your time at the course. This one is tough to remember, but a must. No sharing clubs or touching other players equipment of any sort.

2. Prepaid Tee Times ONLY. We are close to having our online tee times set up for prepaid, but until it's ready, you must call in and prepay for your round. We will update this when it's ready. Call for times. The golf shop is locked and no merchandise sales are allowed. With this in mind, RAIN CHECKS will NOT be issued. Please look at the weather forecast. If it rains, you must wait it out in your car. Carts will need to be re sanitized before heading back out. This could take some time and you might have to wait by your car until called out.

3. Please do not show up for your tee time more than 15 minutes before and no later than 5 minutes before your tee time. We may ask you to wait in your car if you are early. This applies to larger groups as well. Know your tee time.

4. ONE rider per cart unless from same household. Walking is highly encouraged. Please do not move or touch another players cart. Walkers may not be given rides to there next shot or hole. Carts have been and will be disinfected after each use. Outside of expensive electronics, we will not keep any lost and found items. Please check your cart before you leave.

5. Flagpoles are not to touch and they are forcing us to raise the cups above ground instead of using foam in the bottom of them.

6. There will be no congregating in or around the clubhouse or parking lot before or after your round. When your done they say you must leave. No waiting for other groups to finish.

7. From 8 to 9 AM Monday through Thursday will be reserved for seniors 60+ and the vulnerable. Those times can only be booked by calling in.

We must follow these rules in order to stay open. Anyone found violating any of these rules will be asked to leave with NO REFUND. We can not let an individual or group ruin it for others.

Well, The Donald own a few golf courses so the shut down won't last to long....we need them open for mental health.

Back