First Look: TPT Red Range Shafts

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
TPT Red Range shafts change the rules. They’re made with Continuous Fiber, an automated manufacturing process that eliminates seams and spine so golfers can achieve a new level of performance and consistency. They also come with the "Automatic Improvement Guarantee."

The Automatic Improvement Guarantee is simple. If golfers aren't seeing the same improved performance with a TPT shaft that they saw in their fitting, they can return it to their TPT Authorized fitter within 30 days of purchase for a return or exchange. We're that sure the Red Range is better.

Available at select fitters April 15th.

Screen Shot 2020-04-01 at 11.54.23 AM.png

Bold guarantee.

Want and need.

Oh my!! This look nice!!

I do like the guarantee, talk about putting their money where their mouth is.

That's pretty bold there. Looking forward to hearing more

The original was still one of the best performances I’ve ever reviewed. Could have played that and the 400 Max combo for a long long time.

Want to spend some time with these. Dig the logo refresh too.

So they wind the carbon fiber around a spindle and then cook?

That's brilliant !

So, they're filament wound?

Edit: Read a little about the "continuous fiber" process. Sounds like it uses "tapes" of different thickness and width. Not sure exactly how it exactly translates to manufacture of these shafts but it would be interesting to know more.

As soon as this "thing" allows me to get fit, I am giving it a go.

I will test the original TPT versus the TPT Red Range and see what happsns.

Now excuse me while I workout. Gotta build the muscles for more speed. :)

This is an interesting product, but I'm not sure I'd see performance improvement over my traditional gamers. I'd like to re-do a fitting as my swing has significantly changed in the last few years..

Never heard of TPT, very intrigued. Need a 3 wood shaft, maybe these would be good ones to try with the gurantee.

Very interesting & very bold guarantee. Can't wait to hear some reviews.

TPT came out the gate fast and hot only to sputter thanks to durability issues. I hope these shafts will stand up better because the performance was solid n the first release.

Why am I such a sucker for golf shafts? Ugh. Put another on my wish list here. I haven't really had a chance to play a TPT shaft up to this point. I know they are spendy. But, I know they are top notch shafts too. Hopefully, some THPers are able to give it a try and report back. Will help guide how deep into ponder mode I go with this thing.

Jeez.... Just stop it. I don't need more of this in my life..

I went years not really caring about shafts. Now I am in a terrible funk of wanting to try more. I am pretty knowledgeable about what I like, and what fits me so many do not even interest me. But TPT shafts have always been something I wanted to try.

And these seem really interesting.

Jeez.... Just stop it. I don't need more of this in my life..

I went years not really caring about shafts. Now I am in a terrible funk of wanting to try more. I am pretty knowledgeable about what I like, and what fits me so many do not even interest me. But TPT shafts have always been something I wanted to try.

And these seem really interesting.
Haha. I am in the same mode. I am hoping once my season starts it will quiet that urge.

Laying it out there! Any details on price?

That guarantee is badass. Would be awesome to try one of these.

I went down the TPT rabbit hole pretty early on and they just did not work for me at all, just a profile that did not work for me. The plus side was they are the only golf related thing I ever actually made money on reselling.

I went down the TPT rabbit hole pretty early on and they just did not work for me at all, just a profile that did not work for me. The plus side was they are the only golf related thing I ever actually made money on reselling.

They've tightened up the torque and redesigned the shaft ... so we'll see. I hit a new prototype over a month ago that was very light and not meant for my 96 mph swing speed - probably meant for a 70 mph or less (20 Series) and I am playing an old 17 Series.

He wanted me to try to break it because I had broken 3 of the very light shafts in the early days before they first came out. Before any retail product came to market in what, 2017?, I think they wanted to see where the weak points existed in the shaft or bad lots in manufacturing. It was interesting.

This new light proto tested over a month stayed with me - really smooth and great feel. My speed did increase. My thoughts are that if you want to go light for more speed (theoretically), you may find it here.

Last edited:
I’m most curious to see just how much the story really has changed, because recently it seems they got away from a lot of what they touted initially, and I know they changed their production style in a few ways during the breaking era that at times contradicted the initial story as well.

That is a damn good looking shaft and logo....

Back