As of April 4, how many personally know somebody who has contracted Covid-19?

How many of you know somebody who has contracted Covid-19

• Yes

Votes: 45 44.1%
  • No

Votes: 57 55.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Tenputt

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
GHIN 5.4
I saw the post that had a link to models predicting the peak of deaths to be around April 15. It made me wonder how many here actually know somebody who has contracted the virus. I only know one person and, sadly, he passed away from complications related to Covid-19. Although random, this could be an interesting, but unscientific, sample of how close the virus has come to us personally, at least knowingly.

Our good friend, as well as a nephew (Long Island NY)

None that I know of.

I saw the post that had a link to models predicting the peak of deaths to be around April 15. It made me wonder how many here actually know somebody who has contracted the virus. I only know one person and, sadly, he passed away from complications related to Covid-19. Although random, this could be an interesting, but unscientific, sample of how close the virus has come to us personally, at least knowingly.
Pretty sure my wife has it. She has, or has had, every symptom except the respiratory issues. She was tested last Saturday and we were told it can take up to 10 days for the results. As of day 7 we haven't heard anything.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

We have a close family friend who has it, and is not doing well (but we are hopeful). There are a few people we know a bit more remotely (from dance competitions, etc) who have it as well. It certainly made us be more diligent in our efforts to isolate and monitor.

So far two people. One past away and one recovered

I don't.

But I have a very small family and a very small social network - so take my response for whatever it's worth :)

None that I know of. My sister is a Nurse in the ICU in Akron, and their numbers have been really low. She said they are over staffed and it is really weird. She seems to think it is the calm before the storm. They have had two people die from complications with Covid-19, but both of those patients had tons of other issues like congestive heart failure etc.

One. He was feeling sick last week with flu like symptoms. His doctor has him tested. Two days later he was feeling fine so he thought it was realily bad allergies. Yesterday the test came back as positive.

He would be walking around infected and not even know it if he didn’t call his doctor.

A close friend that I haven’t seen in months contracted it from her mother.

Also, my Uncle, Aunt and a few of their kids contracted it in Ireland. My aunt had to go to the hospital, but thankfully they appear to now be recovering.

None right now and I hope it stays that way.

No
But we have 3 positive cases in our county.

Not yet but that could change end of next week

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Yup. 2 people.

Waiting to hear back on one, but I'm up to 4.

I know a few people with it and, thankfully, so far none are critical.

0 that I know personally. I’ve been advised of approximately 10 in my area/industry but so far none have been too serious and all have recovered. I was originally told one man in his 40’s was in the ICU, but later learned that it was because this facility was putting all Covid-19 patients in ICU because the ventilators were there, should they need them.

Not that I know of.

Friends of friends have it, but no one I know directly

One of my nieces, emergency room nurse. She's recovering and can't wait for the all clear to go back to work.

One close relative that I know of got it and they were very much in the high risk category. They were sick with mild flu like symptoms for a while but nothing serious and are fine now.

I don’t know anyone personally that has it as of right now but my wife is an ICU nurse at one of Minneapolis’ biggest hospitals. The chances of her getting it have to be exponentially higher than most and in turn puts our whole family at risk. I hope we don’t get it but I think that is a pipe dream.

One the 5 or 6 couples that are in our close circle of longtime friends had their 21 year old son bring it back from Spain a few weeks ago. Their household of four all got it. One very mild, two fairly mild(less than normal flu symptoms) and there son was as sick as he’s ever been and down for about 7 days with a fever and 10 days bed ridden. He could barely get out of bed when it was at it’s worst and he plays D1 college baseball and is super fit and strong with no health issues.

only two, both of whom were in contact with each other. still unsure whether my father-in-law has it. he has not been tested, but he has a fever and confirmed pneumonia.

2- One that has been very sick, hospitalized in icu but is showing signs of improvement. The other has had more of the flu-like symptoms and was quarantined at home.

Three. Husband/wife in Chicago and a guy in St. Paul. All are pretty sure they contracted the virus in Vail. Husband didn't feel good for a few days - fully recovered, wife is struggling more then husband - outlook is good, and guy is St. Paul had a few subpar days - fully recovered.

Back