What are doing during the lockdown ?

I’ve been turkey hunting just about every day, since the wife doesn’t want me at the golf course. It’s good exercise, I walk about 15,000 steps a trip, and climb about 80 “flights of stairs” per my iPhone.

I’ve also been doing yard work, and taking the little one fishing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mulch, mulch and more mulch.

I have some projects around the house that I'm starting on.. Some things require a trip to the hardware store and so far I don't have the desire to make that trip..

Only thing I have been doing the last few weeks is working. Been so busy just keeping up with emails and data projects, no time for anything else.

That changes next week as I enter a partial furlough.:cry: One week on, one week off.

Other than plenty of time for THP next week, no idea what I am going to do with myself. :dohanim: No big projects to do with the house. Hoping for no rain will likely spend some quality time detailing my car one day when it's not raining.

On my 4th week of work from home and I'm going batsh$& crazy! I pretty much work from 7am to 7pm and some days its to 10pm to accommodate colleagues in South Korea and Hong Kong.... I'm ready for this to have a happy ending!

Lots of projects around the house and embracing exercise. Today after I found out golf course closure would continue another 4 weeks I went on a 4 mile run and then took a dip in the lake followed by a sauna with my son and nephew. Very refreshing at 38 degree water temperature.

C5F0E24A-564E-467F-A934-5267790CD779.jpeg91A2FF98-5C6F-4B0F-9635-A901C2298172.jpegD70DD114-BA51-4D9F-8A18-7370FD275A63.jpeg83511B29-7C87-4B18-88EE-94A30A9B7527.jpeg

Mostly working on the boats. Will wash the vehicles today. Maybe take a bike ride. We are in a rural area on an island. Social distancing is easy.

Working, eating and doing my best to not fall into a massive black hole of depression. I sat on the floor of my closet with the lights off for a good 20 minutes just crying today so....I still have some work to do on the last part.

Working, eating and doing my best to not fall into a massive black hole of depression. I sat on the floor of my closet with the lights off for a good 20 minutes just crying today so....I still have some work to do on the last part.

These are very challenging and difficult times. Everyone is coping in their own way. I remind myself all the time that feeling freaked out, sad, uncertain, lonely, afraid, and all sorts of other uncomfortable things is a healthy response. Allowing myself to feel how I feel in these extraordinary life changes and impacts is better than bottling it up and trying to deny it.

My wife is a nurse, when possible she does administrative work from home and spends the balance of her time at one of her clinics.
My work place provides safety equipment and PPE for the food industry. A skeleton crew is working every day to try to keep the business afloat.

Last edited:
Working from home. Dog walks, infrequent trips to the grocery store. Some takeout for variety.

Work, golf, sleep, repeat, repeat, repeat. Glad to have at least one activity option.

I just did the following so far in the last 3 days:

1. Keyless/Smart Key - Changed the deadbolt on the front and porch doors.
2. Installed new batteries on 2 cars.
3. Washed the 3 cars @ home. Mine, girlfriend’s and my nephew’s car (Air Force stationed overseas)

Tomorrow, I will prune several trees in the yard.

Washed two cars and my pickup yesterday, will tackle the Ford Exploder and one boat today. Then I need to commission the Boston Whaler and the Avon that have been stored all winter. We have been home now for two weeks and haven't had a drop of rain. The most beautiful early April I have ever seen, and we are self-isolating for another two weeks at least so no golf. Our course is closed in any case. My wife wants the weeds taken out of the lawn. She is using Roundup. I am using a pitching wedge. I think my weed eradication program is working better than hers.

I’m still working at home and in the field. Working out every day and walking the dog a lot. Every day seems to be the same. I am watching a lot of YouTube and THP. Walk nine every now and then.

Continued with the weed eradication program (chipping practice on the front lawn) and washed the windows on the outside.

Washed two cars and my pickup (again). Now heading for the marina to wash to the boat from the coaming down to the waterline. I got the bridge, pilothouse, and foredeck done yesterday. Tomorrow I'm think of cleaning/restoring the teak and doing some routine maintenance on the engine, getting the on-board water system back up and running and flush the lines, and perform a full check out of the electronics (radios, radars, sounders, etc). Then I'll load everything back on board that I took off for the winter (clothes, food, deck chairs, BBQ, and fishing gear, which takes a couple days. All this is stuff I typically do in the spring. I am just getting a head start. Oh, before I head out I'd better water the vegies (lettuce, beans, etc). Stay well everyone.

Working on my golf fitness and my swing. Oh yes and that huge honey do list that seems to grow every day.

I may get my fat ass on the treadmill tomorrow. I have been saying it for the past 3 weeks, but I feel good about that actually happening tomorrow. Plus, Arrow loves when I get on the treadmill because he can lay out on the patio while I do it. (The treadmill is on my back patio).

catching up on Live PD today, Posted my MP 25's for sale fixing to post the Hogan Ft Worths Blacks...making major changes to the clubs....prolly post a couple of Drivers too. Thinking i want to go purchase a new set and if i have to feel it all to do it, so be it....

Found an old ping pong net and paddles and hooked it up to dining room table. Now the wife and son an me have daily tournaments. Been alit if fun!9D31A558-C128-408E-98EF-8DA2265623B5.jpeg

Back